|Location||Nakhon Si Thammarat Province, Thailand
|Colours||Orange and Purple|
Founded in 1992, Walailak University (Thai: มหาวิทยาลัยวลัยลักษณ์) is a public university located in Tha Sala District, Nakhon Si Thammarat Province, Thailand. Although state funded, Walailak University is given a high level of autonomy, unusual among Thai public universities.
The university was named after Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Walailak.
First-year undergraduate students gain admission under the quota system for secondary school graduates from the 14 southern provinces or by the national entrance examination administered by the Ministry of Education. Under the quota system secondary school graduates who fulfill the academic criteria set by the university gain admission without having to sit the entrance examination. Other students are admitted on the basis of their marks gained in the national examination.
Walailak University is organized into 11 schools and faculties:
- School of Agricultural Technology
- School of Allied Health Sciences and Public Health
- School of Architecture and Design
- School of Engineering and Resources Management
- School of Informatics
- School of Liberal Arts
- School of Management has 4 major
- School of Medicine 
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Science.
- World Association for Cooperative Education
- Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific
- International Association of University Presidents
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning
Memoranda of understanding
- Edith Cowan University, Australia
- University of Canberra, Australia
- Cergo International, Belgium
- Nanjing University of TCM, China
- Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia
- State University of Malang, Indonesia
- Tadulako University, Indonesia
- Prefectural University of Kumamoto, Japan
- Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka, Malaysia
- Universiti Utara Malaysia, Malaysia
- University Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Auburn University, USA
- Purdue University, USA
- Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia
- Akademi Pengajian Melayu, Universiti Malaya, Malaysia
The natural symbol of the university is the shady Praduu tree (Pterocarpus indicus Willd.) which grows in abundance in the southern forests.
University colours: orange and purple
Orange is the colour for Thursday which is the day of the week on which Her Royal Highness Princess Chulapornwalailak was born.
Purple is the official colour of the Province of Nakhonsithammarat where the university is. The provincial colour is derived from the personal colour of Phra Rattanatachamuni, abbot of Thapoh Temple and famous education reformer and innovator of the southern region of Thailand in the reign of King Rama V, who is locally regarded as the pioneer of modern education in the south.
|This Thailand university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|