|1106 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1106 in poetry|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1106.|
- February 2 – The Great Comet of 1106 is first sighted.
- September 28 – Battle of Tinchebrai: Henry I of England defeats and imprisons his older brother Robert Curthose, Duke of Normandy, in Devizes Castle; Edgar Atheling and William Clito are also taken prisoner.
- Balaguer, Spain, is captured from the Moors by the count of Urgell.
- Boleslaus III of Poland begins a war against his brother Zbigniew, for control of Poland.
- Magnus Erlendsson becomes Earl of Orkney.
- Pope Celestine III (approximate date; d. 1198)
- Minamoto no Yorimasa, Japanese leader of the Minamoto armies in the Genpei War (d. 1180)
- Empress Xing of China (d. 1139)
- Matilda of Anjou, Wife of English Prince William Adelin (d.1154)
- August 7 – Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor (b. 1050)
- August 23 – Magnus, Duke of Saxony
- Robert Malet, English baron
- Ali ibn Tahir al-Sulami, Syrian jurist and philologist
- Yusuf ibn Tashfin, ruler of Spain and North Africa
- Eulalia (abbess of Shaftesbury)