|1418 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1418 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2171|
|Balinese saka calendar||1339–1340|
|English Regnal year||5 Hen. 5 – 6 Hen. 5|
|Chinese calendar||丁酉年 (Fire Rooster)|
4114 or 4054
— to —
戊戌年 (Earth Dog)
4115 or 4055
|- Vikram Samvat||1474–1475|
|- Shaka Samvat||1339–1340|
|- Kali Yuga||4518–4519|
|Japanese calendar||Ōei 25|
|Minguo calendar||494 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1960–1961|
1544 or 1163 or 391
— to —
1545 or 1164 or 392
Year 1418 (MCDXVIII) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- January 31 – Mircea I of Wallachia is succeeded by Michael I of Wallachia.
- April 22 – The Council of Constance ends.
- May 29 – John the Fearless, Duke of Burgundy, captures Paris.
- July – The English Siege of Rouen begins.
- September 18 – King Taejong (r. 1400-1418) of the Joseon dynasty abdicates the throne. King Sejong ascends to the throne.
- João Gonçalves Zarco leads one of the first Portuguese expeditions to the Madeira Islands.
- January 9 – Juan Ramón Folch III de Cardona, Aragonese admiral (d. 1485)
- March 14 – Philip II, Count of Nassau-Weilburg (1429–1492) (d. 1492)
- April 20 – Earl David of Rookwood
- May 16 – John II of Cyprus, King of Cyprus and Armenia and also titular King of Jerusalem from 1432 to 1458 (d. 1458)
- August 5 – Malatesta Novello, Italian condottiero (d. 1465)
- September 24 – Anne of Cyprus, Italian noble (d. 1462)
- November 2 – Gaspare Nadi, Italian builder famous for his diary (diario) (d. 1504)
- November 20 – Robert de Morley, 6th Baron Morley, Lord of Morley Saint Botolph (d. 1442)
- December 8 – Queen Jeonghui, Queen consort of Korea (d. 1483)
- December 12 – Archduke Albert VI of Austria (d. 1463)
- date unknown – Peter II, Duke of Brittany (d. 1457)
- Isotta Nogarola, Italian writer and intellectual (d. 1466)
- January 31 – Mircea I of Wallachia, ruler of Wallachia (b. 1355)
- March 22 – Dietrich of Nieheim, German historian
- June 2 – Katherine of Lancaster, queen of Henry III of Castile
- June 12 – Bernard VII, Count of Armagnac, Constable of France (b. 1360)
- November 25 – Henry Beaufort, 2nd Earl of Somerset (b. 1401)
- December 11 – Louis of Piedmont (b. 1364)
- date unknown
- Ixtlilxochitl I, ruler of the Mesoamerican city-state of Texcoco, and ally of the Aztecs
- Foelke Kampana, Frisian lady and regent (b. 1355)