1988 in Taiwan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1988|
History of Taiwan • Timeline • Years
Events from the year 1988 in Taiwan, Republic of China. This year is numbered Minguo 77 according to the official Republic of China calendar.
- President – Chiang Ching-kuo, Lee Teng-hui
- Vice President – Lee Teng-hui
- Premier – Yu Kuo-hwa
- Vice Premier – Lien Chan, Shih Chi-yang
- 12 June – The opening of National Cheng Kung University Hospital in North District, Tainan City.
- 26 June – The opening of National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts in West District, Taichung City.
- 11 August – The establishment of Federation of Medical Students-Taiwan.
- 19 March – Lin Tzu-chi, taekwondo player.
- 11 April – Yako Chan, singer and actress.
- 12 June – Nieh Pin-chieh, swimmer.
- 16 June – Lyan Cheng, actress, model and singer.
- 30 June – Puff Kuo, model, actress and singer.
- 26 July – Cheng Kai-wen, baseball player.
- 29 July – Huang Peijia, actress.
- 2 August – Nick Chou, actor and singer.
- 11 August – Chen Po-liang, captain of Chinese Taipei national football team.
- 3 September – Chang Chin-lan, actress.
- 17 November – Joanne Tseng, singer and television host.
- 22 November – Lorene Ren, artist.
- 16 December – Lin Chen-hua, baseball player.
- 28 December – Lo Chih-en, football player.