Jasper (San Francisco)
Location within San Francisco
|Former names||45 Lansing Street|
|Location||45 Lansing Street
San Francisco, California
|Architectural||430 ft (130 m)|
|Roof||400 ft (120 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Structural engineer||Louie International|
|Main contractor||Build Group|
|Number of units||320|
Jasper is a 430-foot (130 m) residential skyscraper located at 45 Lansing Street in the Rincon Hill neighborhood of San Francisco, California, United States. The tower contains 320 residential units on 39 floors.
In 2006, Jackson Pacific Ventures entitled the site for a 400 foot (120 m) residential tower with 227 units. Jackson Pacific then sold the entitlements to Turberry Associates for US$30 million. The 2008 financial crisis prevented the project from breaking ground, and in 2010 Crescent Heights purchased the property for US$13 million.
In 2011, Crescent Heights re-entitled the property, changing the number of units from 227 to 320, while keeping the building the same height. To make room for the new configuration, the number of studios was increased from 3 to 99, one-bedrooms decreased from 111 to 93, two-bedrooms were increased from 77 to 128, and all 36 three-bedrooms were removed. By 2012, Crescent Heights received its building permits, and construction began in 2013.
According to planning documents, the building rises 400 feet (120 m) to the roof line, and the mechanical screening structures account for an additional 30 feet (9.1 m). The first residents moved into the building in December 2015.
- Jasper (San Francisco) at Emporis
- "Jasper". SkyscraperPage.
- "Executive Summary Determination of Compliance" (PDF). San Francisco Planning Commission. March 10, 2011. Retrieved April 13, 2013.
- Dineen, J.K. (August 1, 2010). "Big San Francisco condo site sold at big discount". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved April 13, 2013.
- "45 Lansing Take Two: Latest Renderings And Smaller Units Proposed". SocketSite. March 17, 2011. Retrieved April 13, 2013.
- "45 Lansing Ready To Start Rising 39 Stories On Rincon Hill". SocketSite. April 3, 2013. Retrieved April 13, 2013.
- Mark, Julian (December 10, 2015). "New Rincon Hill luxury rentals join crowd of high-end apartments". San Francisco Business Times.