View from the North
|Alternative names||201 Folsom Street|
|Location||201 Folsom Street|
San Francisco, California
|Roof||Tower I: 400 ft (120 m)|
Tower II: 350 ft (110 m)
|Floor count||Tower I: 42|
Tower II: 37
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Arquitectonica Heller Manus Architects|
|Structural engineer||Magnusson Klemencic Associates|
|Main contractor||Lend Lease|
|Number of units||655|
LUMINA, also known as 201 Folsom Street, is a 655-unit residential condominium project in the Rincon Hill neighborhood of San Francisco. Developed by Tishman Speyer, it is located one block to the southwest of its sister project, The Infinity.
The project was originally approved in September 2003 concurrently with its sister project, The Infinity. Tishman Speyer developed The Infinity first, completing it in 2009. Meanwhile, 201 Folsom Street was left unbuilt, and with its permits set to expire, Tishman Speyer was granted a three-year extension in 2009. After being redesigned by Arquitectonica, another 12-month extension was granted in 2012.
In February 2013, Tishman Speyer announced that it had formed a joint venture with China Vanke to develop 201 Folsom Street. According to Reuters, China Vanke agreed to contribute $175 million for a 70% stake, and Tishman Speyer $75 million for a 30% stake. The remainder of the project's $620 million cost was to be financed with debt. Tishman Speyer received its building permits in May 2013 and construction commenced in June.
201 Folsom I, located at the corner of Folsom and Beale, stands 400 feet (120 m) and 42 stories tall. 201 Folsom II, located along Main Street, stands 350 feet (110 m) and 37 stories tall. Ceremonial groundbreaking took place on June 26, 2013, and the project was named LUMINA. Construction was expected to take about 23 months. Residents began moving into the complex in August 2015.
- 201 Folsom I at Emporis
- 201 Folsom II at Emporis
- "LUMINA". SkyscraperPage.
- "LUMINA". SkyscraperPage.
- "The Arquitectonica Redesigned 201 Folsom Street Rendering Scoop". SocketSite. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Tishman Speyer and China Vanke Join Forces to Develop Luxury Residential Tower". 2013-02-18. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Rundown of San Francisco's Projects! Under Construction, Approved, and Proposed..." SkyscraperPage. Archived from the original on 7 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "Executive Summary: Conditional Use" (PDF). San Francisco Planning Department. 2012-10-18. Retrieved 2013-02-22.
- "San Francisco Planning Commission Meeting Minutes". 2012-10-18. Retrieved 2013-02-22.
- Jonas, Ilaina (2013-02-18). "Tishman Speyer, China Vanke to build 2 California condo towers". Reuters. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Permits For Tishman's 201 Folsom Street Towers Project Issued". SocketSite. 2013-05-30. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Twin-Towered Folsom Street Development Is Underway". SocketSite. 2013-06-18. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- Fancher, Emily (2013-06-26). "Tishman Speyer breaks ground on 201 Folsom St". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- Weinberg, Cory (June 4, 2015). "Tallest tower at luxury condo complex Lumina to start sales". San Francisco Business Times.