Edward Hotel & Convention Center
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Edward Hotel & Convention Center|
|Former names||Hyatt Regency Dearborn|
|Owner||Royal Realties LLC|
|Top floor||213 ft (65 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Main contractor||Del E. Webb Construction Company|
The Edward Hotel & Convention Center is a 14-story, 773-room conference center hotel located in the Metro Detroit suburb of Dearborn, Michigan at 600 Town Center Drive, near the intersection of M-39 and U.S. Highway 12.
The hotel was constructed in 1976 as the Hyatt Regency Dearborn. Originally built as an upscale hotel, the building included a people mover to Fairlane Mall. The monorail, hotel, and mall were supposed to be part of a larger office, retail, and residential complex built by Ford's land development subsidiary. The people mover was a Ford Motor Company prototype for an Automatically Controlled Transportation System and was removed in the late 1980s.
The high-rise hotel contains a conference center, restaurants, retail area, and fitness center. The architect, Charles Luckman, designed the hotel in a contemporary Modern style with glass as the main exterior material. The hotel is adjacent to Fairlane Town Center shopping mall, near Ford World Headquarters, and The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.
- "Dearborn". SkyscraperPage.com. Retrieved 2010-08-05.
- Hyatt Regency Dearborn to become eco-friendly Adoba Hotel | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
- Former Hyatt Regency Dearborn will change its name — again, Crain's Business Detroit, Sherri Welch, June 11, 2015
- Cantor, George (2005). Detroit: An Insiders Guide to Michigan. University of Michigan Press. ISBN 0-472-03092-2.
- Fisher, Dale (1994). Detroit: Visions of the Eagle. Grass Lake, MI: Eyry of the Eagle Publishing. ISBN 0-9615623-3-1.
- Fisher, Dale (2005). Southeast Michigan: Horizons of Growth. Grass Lake, MI: Eyry of the Eagle Publishing. ISBN 1-891143-25-5.
- Meyer, Katherine Mattingly and Martin C.P. McElroy with Introduction by W. Hawkins Ferry, Hon A.I.A. (1980). Detroit Architecture A.I.A. Guide Revised Edition. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-1651-4.
- Edward Hotel & Convention Center official website
- Google Maps location
- details at Emporis.com
- SkyscraperPage.com's Profile
|This article about a hotel or resort in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|