|Municipality of Ajuy|
Map of Iloilo with Ajuy highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|District||5th district of Iloilo|
|Barangays||34 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Jett C. Rojas|
|• Vice Mayor||Robert R. Villaruz|
|• Congressman||Raul C. Tupas|
|• Electorate||29,113 voters (2016)|
|• Total||175.57 km2 (67.79 sq mi)|
|• Density||300/km2 (770/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)33|
|Climate type||tropical climate|
|Income class||2nd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||114.6 million (2016)|
Ajuy is 88 kilometres (55 mi) from Iloilo City.
- Bato Biasong
- Bucana Bunglas
- Pantalan Nabaye
- Pantalan Navarro
- Pinantan Diel
- Pinantan Elizalde
- Pinay Espinosa
- Puente Bunglas
- Punta Buri
- San Antonio
- Santo Rosario
|Population census of Ajuy|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Ajuy, Iloilo, was 52,268 people, with a density of 300 inhabitants per square kilometre or 780 inhabitants per square mile.
The town has many churches namely Ajuy Baptist Church, Ajuy Evangelical Church, Church of the Nazarene, Bible Baptist Church, Evangel Family Church, Roman Catholic Church, Aglipayan Church or the Philippine Independent Church, Iglesia ni Cristo and Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Current mayor of the town is Juan Alvarez. The town's main source of livelihood is fishing and farming.
The Northern Iloilo Polytechnic State College has an Ajuy Branch located in the Poblacion. Ajuy's central public elememtary school is Alejo Posadas Elementary School (APMES), named in honor of the lot's donor. A private elementary school is also in existence, Ajuy Christian Development Academy.
The Island of Panay House of Wisdom library is an open (free use) library located at road 2, Brgy. Barrido with more than 2,000 books and updated magazines for reading and research purposes. Pastor Lilianita Dulos and Brendalyn Dulos opened this library for the youth of Panay to help create more empowered Ajuynons youth and high thinking individual.
Mayors of Ajuy
Dionisio Diel 1916-1918 Roberto Tupas, Sr. 1918-1925 Basilio V. Dignadice 1925-1929 Juan Q. Dignadice 1929-1937 Juan Villaruz Centeno, Sr. 1937-1946 Pedro Beatingo Molina 1946-1955 Jose Dignadice Rojas, Jr. 1955-1978 Jose Tupas Rojas, lll 1978-1986, 1988-1998 Napoleon O. Dignadice 1986-1987 Vidal Celis Villaruz, Jr. 1987-1988 Juan Rojas Alvarez 2007-2016 Jett Castor Rojas 1998-2007, 2016-present
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Iloilo". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Iloilo". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.