America's Next Top Model (season 20)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|America's Next Top Model (cycle 20)|
Cycle 20 cast
|No. of contestants||16|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Original network||The CW|
|Original release||August 2 –|
November 15, 2013
The twentieth cycle of America's Next Top Model (subtitled as America's Next Top Model: Guys & Girls and stylized as ANTM 2.0) premiered on August 2, 2013. It was the 14th season to air on The CW. Tyra Banks, Kelly Cutrone, Bryanboy, and Rob Evans all returned as judges. As in the previous cycle, public voting was still a factor in eliminations. This was the first cycle of the show to feature male contestants. The international destination for this cycle was Bali, Indonesia.
- 1 Contestants
- 2 Episode summaries
- 2.1 Meet the Guys & Girls of Cycle 20 – Part 1
- 2.2 Meet the Guys & Girls of Cycle 20 – Part 2
- 2.3 The Girl Who Gets Married Again
- 2.4 The Guy Who Gets a Weave
- 2.5 The Girl Who Went Around in Circles
- 2.6 The Guy Who Gets to Kiss the Girl
- 2.7 The Girl Who is Scared of Clowns
- 2.8 The Guy Who Cries
- 2.9 The Girl Whose Walk is TOO Good
- 2.10 The Guys and Girls Get Flirty
- 2.11 The Girl Who Gets Punked
- 2.12 The Guy Who Has a Panic Attack
- 2.13 The Girl Who Gets Kissed on an Elephant
- 2.14 The Guy Who Becomes a Bat
- 2.15 Finale Part 1: The Finalists Shoot Their Guess Campaign
- 2.16 Finale Part 2: The Guy or Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model
- 3 The Comeback Series
- 4 Summaries
- 5 Ratings
- 6 References
(Ages stated are at start of contest)
|Bianca Alexa||18||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Los Angeles, California||Episode 3||16|
|Chris Schellenger||24||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Houston, Texas||15|
|Chlea Ramirez||20||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)||Bear, Delaware||Episode 4||14|
|Mike Scocozza||27||1.95 m (6 ft 5 in)||Los Angeles, California||Episode 5||13|
|Kanani Andaluz||19||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)||Chicago, Illinois||Episode 7||12|
|Jiana Davis||20||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)||Denver, Colorado||Episode 8||11|
|Phil Sullivan||24||1.92 m (6 ft 3 1⁄2 in)||Lanesborough, Massachusetts||Episode 9||10|
|Alex Agro||21||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Palm City, Florida||Episode 11||9|
|Don Benjamin||25||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)||Minneapolis, Minnesota||Episode 12||8|
|Nina Burns||18||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)||Berkeley Heights, New Jersey||Episode 13||7|
|Jeremy Rohmer||19||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)||Mission Viejo, California||6|
|Renee Bhagwandeen||24||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Fort Lauderdale, Florida||Episode 14||5|
|Chris Hernandez||25||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)||North Bergen, New Jersey||4|
|Cory Wade Hindorff||22||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||Episode 16||3|
|Marvin Cortes||20||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)||The Bronx, New York||2|
|Jourdan Miller||19||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)||Bend, Oregon||1|
Meet the Guys & Girls of Cycle 20 – Part 1
Original Airdate: August 2, 2013 (8/7c)
Meet the Guys & Girls of Cycle 20 – Part 2
Original Airdate: August 2, 2013 (9/8c)
- Special guests: Paul Marciano
The Girl Who Gets Married Again
Original Airdate: August 9, 2013
- Featured photographer: Douglas Friedman
- Special guests: Jessica Hart
The Guy Who Gets a Weave
Original Airdate: August 16, 2013
- Featured photographer: Sarah Silver
- Special guests: Alessandra Ambrosio, Chad Kenyon, Yuki Tomoyuki, Harry Karp, Adrian Mekertichian, Christopher
The Girl Who Went Around in Circles
Original Airdate: August 23, 2013
- Featured photographer: Mark "The Cobra Snake" Hunter
- Special guests: Marvin Scott Jarrett, Ashton Michael, Kimberley Gordon, Caroline D'Amore, Sugar Pop Pop
The Guy Who Gets to Kiss the Girl
Original Airdate: August 30, 2013
The Girl Who is Scared of Clowns
Original Airdate: September 6, 2013
- Featured photographer: Franco Lacosta
- Special guests: Jackie Fraser-Swan
The Guy Who Cries
Original Airdate: September 13, 2013
- Featured photographer: Udo Spreitzenbarth
- Special guests: Monica Rose
The Girl Whose Walk is TOO Good
Original Airdate: September 20, 2013
- Featured photographer: Matthew Jordan Smith
- Special guests: Alexis Borges, Paulie Gibson, Daniela Zeltzer, Brad Schwartz
The Guys and Girls Get Flirty
Original Airdate: September 27, 2013
The Girl Who Gets Punked
Original airdate: October 4, 2013
The Guy Who Has a Panic Attack
Original Airdate: October 11, 2013
- Featured photographer: Lennette Newell
- Special guests: Carole Lacroix, Laura Fuest
The Girl Who Gets Kissed on an Elephant
Original Airdate: October 18, 2013
- Featured Photographer: Jez Smith
- Special Guests: Oka Diputra, Rafi A. Ridwan
The Guy Who Becomes a Bat
Original Airdate: November 1, 2013
- Featured Photographer: Jez Smith
- Special Guests: Laura James
Finale Part 1: The Finalists Shoot Their Guess Campaign
Original Airdate: November 8, 2013
- Featured Photographers: Yu Tsai, Dinar Puspita Sari
- Special Guests: Mrs. Maria, Laura James, Marvin Scott Jarrett, Ken Mok, Laura Fuest Silva
Finale Part 2: The Guy or Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model
Original Airdate: November 15, 2013
- Special Guests: Laura James
The Comeback Series
Much like the previous cycle, The Comeback Series also returned online with Bryanboy as its host. The web series follows the eliminated models as they participate in the photo shoots. This season, the audience enabled two eliminated models, one male and one female, to return to the competition. For having accumulated the highest social media score average, Alex was allowed to return to the competition at the end of episode 9. Immediately after her comeback, it was revealed that one additional male contestant would also be given the opportunity to return. In episode 11, the episode following the season recap, it was revealed that Jeremy was the male model who would be returning to the competition.
|Contestant||Public Vote Average||Returned in|
Note: Bianca and Chris S. did not participate in the Comeback Series.
|4||Cory||Jiana||Nina||Don||Phil||Chris H.||Chris H.||Cory||Jourdan||Cory||Renee||Chris H.|
|5||Marvin||Alex||Chris H.||Chris H.||Jourdan||Don||Cory||Jourdan||Cory||Marvin||Jourdan||Renee|
|6||Don||Cory||Cory||Marvin||Chris H.||Renee||Marvin||Don||Jeremy||Chris H.||Jeremy|
|8||Chris S.||Renee||Kanani||Cory||Renee||Jiana||Phil||Phil||Chris H.||Don|
- The contestant was eliminated from the competition
- The contestant won the competition
- In the first episode of the premiere, the pool of 35 contestants was reduced to 26 who moved on to the next round of casting. In the second episode of the premiere, the pool of 26 semi-finalists was reduced to 16 contestants who moved on to the main competition.
- In episode 9, all the eliminated models were brought back to panel after Phil's elimination. At the end of the episode, Alexandra was able to return to the competition for having obtained the highest social media score out of the eliminated girls. Just as Jeremy, Mike and Phil were called forward to learn their verdict, the episode ended in a cliffhanger.
- Episode 10 was the recap episode.
- In episode 15, Tyra and the judges revealed that there would be one final elimination before the fashion show. The episode ended in a cliffhanger and the call-out resumed at the next episode. At the beginning of episode 16, it was revealed that Cory had been eliminated.
- Indicates the contestant won the competition.
- Indicates the contestant had the highest score that week.
- Indicates the contestant was in the bottom two that week.
- Indicates the contestant was eliminated that week.
- The final scores of season were originally shown to be 32.0 for Jourdan and 27.5 for Marvin. After the finale aired, several people had noted that the scores were identical to those shown during the first elimination of the finale. Furthermore, while Tyra had announced that the fan vote would have no say in the final scores, they had been added into the final tally nevertheless. In an article released by Reality TV World, it was revealed that there had been a glitch with the final scores during post-production, and that the actual scores for the finale were 27.0 for Jourdan (having received a nine from all three judges) and 25.0 for Marvin (having received 8 points from Tyra and Kelly, and 9 points from Rob). The CW acknowledged the finale contained incorrect scoring graphics after being contacted about the discrepancy. During an exclusive statement, a representative of the network was quoted as saying: "There was a technical error with the on-air graphics that occurred during post-production of the finale of ANTM, however, as you can see in the photo, it didn't change the outcome meaning Jourdan is still the winner." 
- Alex returned the competition in episode 9, while Jeremy returned in episode 11.
Photo shoot guide
- Episode 1 photo shoot: Masquerade fashion show (casting)
- Episode 2 photo shoot: Leather outfits (casting)
- Episode 3 photo shoot: Alternative weddings
- Episode 4 photo shoot: S&M fashion with Alessandra Ambrosio and Rob Evans
- Episode 5 photo shoot: Trailer park chic
- Episode 6 commercial: Questionable Body Spray gender role reversal
- Episode 7 photo shoot: Nail art beauty shots
- Episode 8 photo shoot: Splashing body paint
- Episode 9 photo shoot: Magical field couture
- Episode 11 photo shoot: Flawsome with Zendaya and Shaun Ross
- Episode 12 photo shoot: Animorphs with endangered animals
- Episode 13 photo shoot: Rice paddy couture
- Episode 14 photo shoot: Hanging upside-down with bats
- Episode 15 photo shoots: Guess campaign; Nylon magazine spreads
- Episode 16 photo shoot: Feral and wild in the jungle
- Alexandra - Dyed chocolate brown
- Chlea - Long honey blonde weave
- Chris H. - Dyed icy blonde
- Cory - Shaved bald
- Don - Bleached blonde with lighter facial hair
- Jeremy - Trim & lightened with highlights
- Jiana - Long bob (called a lob on the show)
- Jourdan - Bleached honey blonde
- Kanani - Pixie cut
- Marvin - A fade
- Mike - Amber highlights
- Nina - Dyed red & layered with bangs
- Phil - Wavy weave
- Renee - Long, straight & black
The season premiere of America's Next Top Model received record breaking ratings for Top Model as well as the CW. The premiere was watched by 1.55 million viewers which makes it the most watched premiere episode of the competition since Cycle 17: All Stars Premiere. It also delivered The CW’s largest Friday audience and best 18–49 rating (0.6) since Dec. 2012, and the network’s strongest Women 18–34 numbers in over two years.
|Episode||Air Date||Viewers (m)||18–49
|242 & 243||1 & 2||"Meet the Guys & Girls of Cycle 20"||August 2, 2013||1.55||0.6/2|||
|244||3||"The Girl Who Gets Married Again"||August 9, 2013||1.22||0.4/1|||
|245||4||"The Guy Who Gets a Weave"||August 16, 2013||1.50||0.5/2|||
|246||5||"The Girl Who Went Around in Circles"||August 23, 2013||1.45||0.5/2|||
|247||6||"The Guy Who Gets to Kiss the Girl"||August 30, 2013||1.12||0.4/2|||
|248||7||"The Girl Who is Scared of Clowns"||September 6, 2013||1.45||0.5/1|||
|249||8||"The Guy Who Cries"||September 13, 2013||1.35||0.5/2|||
|250||9||"The Girl Whose Walk is TOO Good"||September 20, 2013||1.20||0.4/1|||
|251||10||"The Guys and Girls Get Flirty"||September 27, 2013||1.53||0.4/1|||
|252||11||"The Girl Who Gets Punked"||October 4, 2013||1.35||0.4/1|||
|253||12||"The Guy Who Has a Panic Attack"||October 11, 2013||1.15||0.4/1|||
|254||13||"The Girl Who Got Kissed on an Elephant"||October 18, 2013||1.20||0.4/1|||
|255||14||"The Guy Who Becomes a Bat"||November 1, 2013||1.40||0.5/1|||
|256||15||"The Finalists Shoot their Guess campaign"||November 8, 2013||1.35||0.5/2|||
|257||16||"The Guy or Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model"||November 15, 2013||1.529||0.6/3||*|
- "Listings – TheFutonCritic.com – The Web's Best Television Resource". thefutoncritic.com.
- "Watch America's Next Top Model Season 20 Online – TV Shows – SideReel". sidereel.com.
- "Bay Area Open Casting Calls For ANTM 'The Co-Ed Edition' « KBCW". cbslocal.com.
- "'America's Next Top Model' Returns With a Twist – Guys! - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers.
- "America's Next Top Model Jourdan in Nylon Magazine – NYLON". NYLON.
- "The CW". The CW Network.
- "'Top Model' finale contained incorrect final scores for Jourdan Miller and Marvin Cortes". RealityTVWorld.com. November 19, 2013. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- "America's Next Top Model". TVGuide.com.
- "Friday Final TV Ratings: No Adjustments to 'America's Next Top Model', 'Dateline', '20/20' or 'Would You Fall for That?'". TV by the Numbers. August 5, 2013.
- "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'America's Next Top Model', 'Would You Fall For That?' & '20/20' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. August 12, 2013.
- "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'America's Next Top Model' Adjusted Up + Final Football Numbers". TV by the Numbers. August 20, 2013.
- "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Perfect Score' and 'America's Next Top Model' Adjusted Down + Final Football Numbers". TV by the Numbers. August 26, 2013.
- "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'America's Next Top Model' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. September 3, 2013.
- "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'America's Next Top Model' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. September 9, 2013.
- "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'America's Next Top Model' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. September 16, 2013.
- "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'America's Next Top Model' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. September 20, 2013.
- "tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/30/friday-final-tv-ratings-hawaii-five-0-shark-tank-2020-adjusted-down/205618/". TV by the Numbers. September 30, 2013.
- "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Shark Tank' & 'Dateline' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. October 7, 2013.
- "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0' & 'Dateline' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. October 14, 2013.
- "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'MasterChef Junior' and 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. October 22, 2013.
- "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up, 'Blue Bloods' Adjusted Down + No Adjustment for 'Grimm' or 'Dracula'". TV by the Numbers. November 4, 2013.
- "Friday Final Ratings: 'Dracula' & 'The Neighbors' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. November 11, 2013.
- "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0', 'Undercover Boss', 'Grimm' & 'Raising Hope' Adjusted Up; 'Last Man Standing', 'The Carrie Diaries' & 'The Neighbors' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. November 18, 2013.