|Founder||Fernando De Fuentes
Jose C. Garcia De Letona
|Headquarters||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Fernando De Fuentes
Jose C. Garcia De Letona
(COO/Executive Vice President) 
Licensing and Merchandising
Átomo Network (partnered with Frederator Networks, Inc.)
Ánima Estudios is a Mexican animation studio founded in 2002 by Fernando De Fuentes, Jose C. Garcia De Letona and Federico Unda. It is best known for producing animated content within Latin America, including recognizable brands such as El Chavo, Top Cat, Legend Quest, etc.
It is the largest and most prestigious animation studio in Mexico and the rest of Latin America. As of 2017, it has greatly expanded its global distribution including countries such as the U.K., U.S., South Korea, and Russia.
Ánima Estudios was founded in 2002. It is the leading animation studio in Latin America.
On 14 December 2005, the studio announced a partnership with Estación Espacial to produce a new miniseries called Poncho Balón. It ran on Canal 5 during the 2006 FIFA World Cup. It features the voice of Humberto Vélez as the title character.
In 2006, Ánima Estudios produced a new TV series, El Chavo Animado, based on the popular live-action series of the same name created by Roberto Gómez Bolaños. It premiered on Canal 5 in Mexico on 21 October 2006. It later premiered in the United States on Univision on 24 January 2008 with highly successful ratings. It is, as of today, the highest rated animated show in all of Latin America.
On 12 February 2008, Variety reported that the studio partnered with New York City-based Classic Media (now known as DreamWorks Classics) to produce a new animated feature, titled Kung Fu Magoo, featuring Mr. Magoo. It marks the first time a Latin American production was sold to the US market.
On 6 October 2008, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Porchlight Entertainment and Ánima Estudios announced an international agreement to produce, A Martian Christmas, a sci-fi holiday television film. It was released direct-to-video on 10 November 2009.
The studio released its third film, El Agente 00-P2, an action comedy film that references the popular James Bond movies. It stars the voices of Jaime Camil, Dulce María and Silvia Pinal and was released on 13 February 2009.
On 7 December 2009, the company made an international agreement with Argentina's Illusion Studios and Toonz India Ltd to co-produce the computer animated film, Gaturro, which is based on the popular Argentine comic book series of the same name and was released on 10 September 2010 in Argentina in 3D. It was the first Indian-Latin American co-production and was hugely successful at the Argentinian box office.
On 11 May 2010, Kung Fu Magoo, an action comedy film based on the popular cartoon character, Mr. Magoo, was released direct-to-video in the United States, and later has its television premiere on Disney XD on February 7, 2011. In the English version, the film features the voices of Chris Parnell, Dylan and Cole Sprouse, Alyson Stoner, and Kenny Mayne as himself.
On 22 January 2010, the studio released their fifth animated film, AAA – Sin Límite en el Tiempo, which is the fictional take on the Mexican lucha libre professional wrestling promotion team, AAA.
On 16 September 2011, the studio released its seventh animated film, Top Cat: The Movie, a.k.a. Don Gato y su Pandilla in Mexico, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is based on the short-lived Hanna Barbera cartoon, Top Cat. The film became a huge box office success in Mexico, and became one of the most successful releases ever for a Mexican production.
On 28 September 2011, the company has announced an international partnership with Australia's SLR Productions, Home Plate Entertainment, and Ireland's Telegael to create a new animated series, called Teenage Fairytale Dropouts. The show was loosely based on the studio's first film, Magos y Gigantes and premiered on 31 December 2012 on Seven Network in Australia. It was sold to over 35 countries including Spain (TV), HBO Asia and The Hub in the US.
On 21 October 2011, the studio released a horror-comedy film, La Leyenda de la Llorona, which is a sequel to Animex's La Leyenda de la Nahuala. The movie was among the top 5 most successful movies of the year in Mexico.
In 2012, the company celebrated its 10th anniversary.
The studio created a new film label, Átomo Films, aiming for teens and adults and has released the film, El Santos vs. La Tetona Mendoza, on November 30. It is a film adaption of the popular Mexican comic book series, created by José Ignacio Solórzano, and it stars an ensemble voice cast of famous Mexican actors, such as Daniel Giménez Cacho, José María Yazpik, Héctor Jiménez, and veteran filmmaker Guillermo del Toro. This film was later shown at the 2013 Annecy Film Festival, becoming the first Mexican animated feature to premiere at that event.
On 1 December 2012, Variety has reported that the studio is focusing on developing new projects in English. “U.S. and European buyers pay close attention to the lip sync," said Fernando de Fuentes. "Latin American buyers are more used to buying dubbed products. It’s right to go with English to attack those markets first.” Additionally, the studio has also announced that the company's first CGI film, Wicked Flying Monkeys and a sequel to Top Cat are in development.
On 5 February 2013, Ánima Estudios announced a partnership with Spain's Vodka Capital and Televisa Home Entertainment to co-produce a multi-platform series, titled Bugsted. The franchise consists of a series of collectible action figures, a game app developed for the iOS and Android systems, and a TV miniseries aimed for children, aimed 8-11.
On 2 August 2013, Top Cat: The Movie saw a limited theatrical release in the United States through Viva Pictures, with actors, Rob Schneider and Danny Trejo lending their voices as Lou Strickland and Griswald, respectively.
On 7 November 2013, it has been reported that the company announced its first CGI film as a flagship producer, titled Wicked Flying Monkeys. The film is the studio's biggest production to date and is also their first English-language production. The film is an adaptation of The Wizard of Oz books, but features an original story. It is produced with India's Discreet Arts and international rights will be handled by FilmSharks. Wicked Flying Monkeys was designed, written and executive produced by Jorge Gutierrez.
On 22 May 2014, Televisa Interactive Media published and released Kickos, a new soccer-themed game app developed by Ánima Estudios for the Android and iOS systems. Kickos was a featured app in the App Store in 17 countries and was also highlighted as one of the best new games in the App Store during the weeks after its release. The app is currently available on the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
On 31 May 2014, Teenage Fairytale Dropouts premiered in the United States on the Hub Network (now Discovery Family), which was the first time a Latin American animated series was acquired by a major U.S. network and the first time the studio entered the market.
On 17 September 2014, Variety reported that a computer-animated follow-up to Top Cat: The Movie, titled Top Cat Begins, has been announced for release on 7 August 2015, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures in Mexico. Additionally, it is also announced that the studio is currently in production with a feature film adaptation of DePatie-Freleng's Here Comes the Grump.
The company's first CGI animated production, Wicked Flying Monkeys, premiered on April 10, 2015, debuting at 3rd place at the box office. At the same time, the movie was released in Russia, being the very first Latin American movie to receive a wide commercial release in the nation. Meanwhile, during the 2015 Cannes Film Festival, the film was sold for distribution in various countries, such as the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Australia and New Zealand. The studio's eleventh feature, Wicked Flying Monkeys will be launched in the United States on DVD and Digital formats on January 24, 2017 and will be released as Guardians of Oz.
On 15 April 2015, the El Chapulín Colorado animated series premiered on the digital platform website, VEO, gaining great critical and commercial reception. It premiered shortly after on Televisa's Free TV Channels in Mexico as well as on several broadcast channels throughout Latin America.
On August 24, 2015, the "Vamos a la cama” music video, starring “La Familia Telerin” was released in Mexican TV during prime time on Channel 2, the country's most watched channel by far. It was broadcast daily at the same time slot for the following 6 months.
On September 17, 2015, the company has announced a partnership with global media streaming website company Netflix to create their first original animated series produced in Latin America, named Las Leyendas, which is based on the Leyendas horror-comedy animated film saga. It will premiere worldwide exclusively on the streaming service sometime in 2017, and will produced and written by James Krieg.
On February 10, 2016, European division Ánima Kitchent announced an agreement with Televisa to produce a new animated reboot series based on Spain's popular television program La Familia Telerín, which ran in the late-1960s and 1970s. Produced in English, the reboot series will consist up to 52 7-minute episodes. The premiere date is currently unknown.
On February 18, 2016, Variety has reported that Frederator Networks and Ánima Estudios announced a partnership to launch the world’s largest Spanish-Language animation Network in YouTube, Átomo Network, which is focused primarily on the Hispanic and Spanish-language-speaking market. It will feature original programming produced by Ánima Estudios, as well as Spanish-dubbed versions of currently popular Channel Frederator shows, such as "107 Facts", while recruiting international talent. “Átomo Network opens up a new global outlet for audiences and creators alike. We aim to give Spanish-speaking audiences all over the world an entertainment destination specifically tailored to them” said José C. García de Letona, COO & Executive Vice President Ánima Estudios.
On March 14, 2016, Ánima Estudios has announced their next film, titled La Leyenda del Chupacabras, the fourth installment of the La Leyendas film series. Alberto Rodriguez will return to direct.
On April 5, 2016, Variety announced that at the 2016 MipTV, European division Ánima Kitchent has announced an agreement with Televisa and Russian broadcasters Karusel TV and Ani to pick up broadcasting rights for Piny, based on the popular PinyPon toys. It will consist a total of 52 episodes and will be aimed at ages 6–8. In addition, Kitchent is also producing 20 clips for video streaming website YouTube which will be a live-action/animation hybrid. It was also reported that Bugsted, a co-production with the mainline Ánima Estudios, will be getting a feature spin-off.
On April 15, 2016, Ánima Estudios along with Chatrone announced a partnership with the California Institute of the Arts, a top-leading animation school. The partnership demonstrates Anima's commitment for the growth of the animation industry in Latin America. “It is an honor and a privilege to start this relationship with CalArts,” said COO Jose C. Garcia de Letona. “We are positive [that] it will have a long term impact in the quality of our productions, the animation industry in Latin America, and in the professional lives of our staff.”
On May 26, 2016 Ánima Estudios and the Latin American branch of Cartoon Network have announced a joint venture animation contest for young creators to pitch their own animated projects aimed for children ages 6 to 11. “We aim to grow the industry not only in Mexico but in Latin America as well. There’s a lot of amazing creators in the region who have wonderful projects that should be supported and promoted”, commented Anima COO Jose C. Garcia de Letona. Winners were later announced on August 16, 2016, with short film The Seventh Knight, created by Andrés Eduardo Luna Rivera and Sebastián Felipe Luna Rivera from Colombia, and series-contender WTQ: What the quest is this?, created by Ernesto Molina from Mexico, both winning first-place prizes. "We are very happy with the response we got to this contest,” said Hernan La Greca, senior creative director for Cartoon Network Latin America and its subsidiaries. “We are thrilled to support animation in Latin America through initiatives that promote the development of new talent and provide exposure to new ideas and productions.” Ánima COO José C. García Letona also added that the company's response to the contest "has surpassed our expectations, not only for the number of projects that were submitted, but also for their quality. We are excited to confirm that there’s a huge amount of talent in Latin America committed to creating animated content.”
To date, Top Cat Begins has been released internationally in Colombia on June 2, 2016, Italy on July 20, in Bulgary on August 19, in Turkey on August 26, Portugal on November 10 and some other coutries like UK, Israel, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand among others.
La Leyenda del Chupacabras was released theatrically in the United States on October 14, 2016, and later in Mexico on October 21, 2016, where it performed amazingly on its opening weekend at the Mexican box office with an audience of over 1 million in 3 days, becoming one of the top 20 grossing Mexican films of all time. "We are beyond happy with the results at the box office and the ever-growing loyal following our Leyendas have in in Latin America," said Ánima EVP and COO, José C. García de Letona.
The teaser images and further details for the studio's next CG animated feature, based on DePatie-Freleng's Here Comes the Grump television series, have been released. It is a co-production with London-based Prime Focus World. It is expected to be completed by the first half of 2017. The film is being written by Jim Hecht and designed by Craig Kellman. Andres Couturier is directing the film. “We are thrilled to announce this project which fully leverages the combined strengths of our two companies, and we look forward to creating a movie which aims to be a fun and groovy comedy for the whole family,” said Jose C. García de Letona, COO at Anima Estudios and a producer of the film.
Forbes Magazine recognized Ánima Estudios as the most important and successful animation studio in Latin America, and its founders Fernando de Fuentes and Jose C. Garcia de Letona, for building up the company since its creation.
Ánima has signed Mattel as Global Master Toy partner for its new TV series “Cleo & Cuquin.” Mattel will produce and market toys across a variety of categories for the new brand. ‘Cleo & Cuquin,’ is a great opportunity for us to bring to life characters that not only appeal to today’s preschoolers but also have nostalgia with parents in markets where Familia Telerin has strong heritage,” says Lauren DeFeo, vice president, Toy Box division, Mattel.  
Ánima Estudios and Cartoon Network launched a second animation contest for short format series which will run until April 28, 2017. José C. García de Letona, Anima’s COO, commented: “We’re proud and happy to continue our efforts on supporting creators from Latin America showcase their talents; we are also extremely honored to have Cartoon Network as our partner in this initiative for the second year in a row”.
The company has posted on its social media a teaser poster for La Leyenda del Charro Negro, the fifth installment of the popular Leyenda film series.
On April 11, 2017, the company has announced a partnership with Bogotá-based Teravision Games to create new apps based on content produced by Ánima, with the first app being based on the Leyendas franchise, and is planned to be released sometime next month. “We see in Teravision Games a perfect partner to increase the audiences for our stories and characters, as well as the economic benefits that this huge market can offer,” said COO, Jose C. Garcia de Letona. “Ultimately, we’d like to make two apps a year.” The partnership also marked a history for Teravision, as this is their first alliance with a Latin American company, after previous alliances with major companies in the U.S. and Canada. “This kind of alliance is common in the U.S. and the Canadian market, but in Latin America, it hasn’t been that easy to achieve,” said Teravision CEO Enrique Fuentes. “Now, Ánima Estudios and Teravision Games, are looking to be the first, working on innovative ways to collaborate and capitalize Latin America’s talent by joining forces and working together beyond the competition.”
|#||Title||Original Release Date||U.S. Release Date||Box-office (Mexico) (MXN)||Box-office (ROW) (USD)|
|1||Magos y Gigantes
(Wizards and Giants)
|November 19, 2003||2008||$8.2 million||$731,662|
|2||Imaginum||August 19, 2005||2008||$14 million||N/A|
|3||El Agente 00-P2
(Agent Macaw: Shaken and Stirred)
|February 13, 2009||N/A||$22.6 million||$1,518,150|
|4||AAA – Sin Límite en el Tiempo
(AAA: The Movie)
|January 22, 2010||N/A||$7.1 million||$557,931|
|5||Don Gato y su Pandilla
(Top Cat: The Movie)
|September 16, 2011||August 2, 2013||$112.2 million||$14,714,672|
|6||La Leyenda de la Llorona
(The Legend of the Llorona)
|October 21, 2011||2011||$55.3 million ||$2,910,573|
|7||Gaturro: La Pelicula
(Gaturro: The Movie)
|April 27, 2012||February 16, 2016||$1.2 million||$2,157,668|
|8||El Santos vs. La Tetona Mendoza*
(The Wild Adventures of El Santos)
|November 30, 2012||2013||$18 million||$1,946,300|
|9||La Leyenda de las Momias de Guanajuato
(Legend of the Mummies)
|October 30, 2014||N/A||$92 million||$7,321,314|
|10||Guardianes de Oz
(Guardians of Oz)
|April 10, 2015||January 24, 2017||$26 million||$8,230,723|
|11||Don Gato: El Inicio de la Pandilla
(Top Cat Begins)
|October 30, 2015||TBA||$56 million||$9,342,000|
|12||La Leyenda del Chupacabras
(The Legend of Chupacabras)
|October 21, 2016||October 14, 2016||$100 million||$5,124,930|
|1||A Martian Christmas||November 10, 2009|
|2||Trepsi, Nuny y Wicho - Los Amigos de Trepsi||2009|
|3||Kung Fu Magoo||May 11, 2010|
|4||Trepsi, Nuny y Wicho - Arriba y Abajo||2012|
Films in development
|Ana y Bruno|||
|Here Comes the Grump|||
|Monster Island (Isla Calaca)|||
|La Leyenda del Charro Negro|||
|#||Title||Premiere date||End date||Network||Ref(s)|
|1||El Chavo Animado||October 21, 2006||June 6, 2014||Televisa Mexico
Cartoon Network Latam
|2||Teenage Fairytale Dropouts||December 31, 2012||2014||Seven Network Australia
Discovery Family USA
|3||El Chapulín Colorado||Online: April 13, 2015
TV: July 26, 2015
Cartoon Network Latam
|4||Pig Goat Banana CricketA||July 18, 2015||Present||Nickelodeon Worldwide|||
|5||PINYB||September 18, 2016||Present||Televisa Mexico
Disney Channel Spain
Disney Channel Portugal
Disney Channel Italy
|6||Cleo y CuquínB||2017||TBD||Clan
|7||Legend Quest||February 24, 2017||Present||Netflix Worldwide|||
|#||Title||Premiere date||End date||Network|
|2||Poncho Balón||2005||2006||Canal 5|
|1||What The Quest Is This?||November 5, 2016||Cartoon Network Latin America|||
|2||El Séptimo Caballero||November 9, 2016||Cartoon Network Latin America|||
Web series (YouTube)
|Kick-Os||2014||Official channel of KickOs|
|La Familia Telerín||2015||Official channel of Familia Telerín|
|SuperÉpico*||2016||Átomo Network Series Exclusivas|
|Mad Dinner||2016||Átomo Network Series Exclusivas|
|Las Crónicas Trol*||2017||Átomo Network Series Exclusivas|
^* Produced through its adult-themed label, Átomo Films.
|El Chavo Kart
Concept art and animated intro
|February 21, 2014||Slang Publishing||Xbox 360
PlayStation 3 
|1||Bugsted||2013N/A||Televisa Home Entertainment|||
|2||Kick-Os||May 22, 2014||Televisa Interactive Media|||
|Untitled Leyendas app||TBA||TBA|||
- Jose C. Garcia De Letona |
- Aguilar, Ninotchka (28 July 2012). "ANIMA ESTUDIOS SE EXPANDE CREA ATOMO FILMS | Prensaescenario". Worldpress. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "Ánima estudios inicia operaciones en Europa". Lideres Mexicanos. 22 April 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Ánima Estudios: la animación mexicana en lo más alto". Prensario Internacional. Editorial Prensario S.R.L. 17 July 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- "México se anima con Magos y Gigantes". 17 November 2003. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Ánima Estudios hace Imaginum". 14 October 2005. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Imaginum de Ánima Estudios conquista más de 100 países". 8 April 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- ANIMA ESTUDIOS COPRODUCES 'PONCHO SUCKERBALL' WITH ESTACION ESPACIAL
- Poncho Balón va a la final
- El Chavo Bows Big | Animation Magazine
- O'Boyle, Michael (12 February 2008). "Anima, Classic to do 'Magoo'". Variety. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- Goldstein, Gregg (6 October 2008). "PorchLight reveals two projects". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- LÓPEZ AGUIRRE, SERGIO (23 February 2009). "Jaime Camil es el Agente 00-P2". Cine Premiere. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "Ánima Estudios e Illusion Studios darán vida a Gaturro | Revista Merca 2.0". 8 December 2009. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Indiantelevision.com > Kidology > Toonz Animation, Illusion Studios to produce 'Gaturro' for $6 mn". 20 May 2009. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- ""Gaturro" salta al 3D de la mano de Ánima Estudios e Illusion Studios - LatAmcinema.com". 7 December 2009. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Toonz Animation's Gaturro tops box office in Argentina - Businessofcinema.com". 28 September 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- ""Gaturro" atrapa el primer puesto en la taquilla argentina | 365cine". 13 September 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- Kung Fu Magoo emerges on DVD | Cartoon Brew
- AAA Sin límite en el tiempo | Cine PREMIERE
- “AAA: SIN LÍMITE EN EL TIEMPO” - Cinelatino.com
- Hecht, John (2011-09-20). "Mexican Animated Film 'Top Cat' Breaks Record at Box Office". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2012-06-09.
- Hoad, Phil (2011-10-11). "Don Gato – aka Top Cat – rides the crest of a Mexican wave | Film | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2012-06-09.
- Zahed, Ramin (28 September 2011). "'Teenage Fairytale Dropouts' Gets Happy Ending | Animation Magazine". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- Twitter image of Teenage Fairytale Dropouts (see the description; in Spanish)
- LA LLORONA SE 'ANIMA' | TOPCINEMA
- Anima Estudios nos traerá La Leyenda de la Llorona
- "Llega "Gaturro. La película" a salas de cine de la Ciudad de México". 27 April 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Gutiérre, Vicente (9 September 2012). "Ánima Estudios, 10 años de éxitos, tropiezos y cine | El Economista". El Economista. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "Las voces de El Santos Vs. La Tetona Mendoza". November 18, 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- Se presentará "El Santos vs la tetona Mendoza" en el Festival Annecy 2013 | Crónica
- Young, James (1 December 2012). "Mexican animator adds English - Entertainment News, Animation, Media - Variety". Variety. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Milligan, Mercedes (5 February 2013). "Anima Estudios to Co-Pro Vodka's 'Bugsted'". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- Raymundo, Neil (7 February 2013). "Anima Estudios and Vodka Team Up for Bugsted". Toon Barn. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- ‘Top Cat: The Movie’: Viva Takes U.S. Rights (EXCLUSIVE) | Variety
- ROB SCHNEIDER AND DANNY TREJO LENDING THEIR VOICES FOR TOP CAT: THE MOVIE | Alien Bee Entertainment News
- "Invertirá Latin Idea Ventures 170 mdd en Ánima Estudios". Diario Rotativo. 17 October 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- AFM: Film Sharks Toons Up Anima’s Feature ‘Wicked Flying Monkeys’ (EXCLUSIVE) | Variety
- Ánima Estudios debuta en mercado anglo | El nuevo Herald
- Hopewell, John (13 May 2014). "Mexican and Spanish Animation Execs Launch Anima Kitchent". Variety. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Harán caricatura de "El Chapulín Colorado" (in Spanish)". AM.com.mx. 28 April 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "Creadores de El Chavo animado debutan en EU". El Universal. 30 May 2014. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- Vélez, Julio (21 May 2014). "Se confirma serie animada de El Chapulín Colorado". Cine Premiere. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- Reyes, Rosario (21 May 2014). "Prueba hoy la nueva app mexicana de futbol". El Finaciero. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "Llega el videojuego "Kickos" para plataformas móviles". El Punto. 21 May 2014. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "Ánima: Teenage Fairytale Dropouts llega a EE.UU.". Presnario Internacional. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- J. McLean, Thomas (28 April 2014). "Hub Debuts 'Teenage Fairytale Dropouts' May 31". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- Amidi, Amid (18 September 2014). "Mexican Studio Anima Will Make CGI 'Top Cat' Feature". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- de la Fuente, Anna Marie (September 17, 2014). "Anima Brings 'Top Cat Begins' to the Bigscreen". Variety. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- "'La Leyenda de Las Momias de Guanajuato' llegará en 4DX". Terra. Terra. 15 October 2014. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "La primer película mexicana en 4DX será animada". Chilango. Grupo Expansión, S.A. de C.V. 15 October 2014. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Famosa se une a Anima Kitchent para llevar a PinyPon a la pantalla (in Spanish)". ABC.es. DIARIO ABC, S.L. 18 February 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Milligan, Mercedes (18 February 2015). "Anima Kitchent, Famosa Adapting 'Pinypon'". Animation Magazine. Animation Magazine. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (16 April 2015). "Imira Entertainment's 'The Aviators' Flies to North America". Animation World Network. Animation World Network. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Hopewell, John (15 May 2015). "Cannes: 'Wicked Flying Monkeys' Rolls Out Sales". Variety. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- CLIP: “Guardians of Oz” Coming to Blu-ray/DVD on January 24, 2017 ToonZone News. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- Mikey Bolts on Twitter: "Check out the trailer for my new movie GUARDIANS OF OZ from the writers of THE BOOK OF LIFE! On DVD January 24!" Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Taquilla Mexicana: Guillermo del Toro triunfa con Crimson Peak". Plano Informativo. Grupo Plano Informativo. 3 November 2015. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- Calvario, Liz (17 September 2015). "'Las Leyendas': Netflix's First Animated Series Produced in Latin America". Variety Latino. Variety Media, LCC / Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Ánima Kitchent y Televisa traen de regreso a La Familia Telerín". Prensario Internacional. Editorial Prensario S.R.L. 10 February 2016. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- Spangler, Todd (18 February 2016). "Frederator, Anima Estudios Launch Spanish-Language YouTube Animation Network (Exclusive)". Variety (magazine). Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- "Ánima Estudios anuncia "La Leyenda del Chupacabras", la nueva película de la saga de "Las Leyendas"". Roastbrief. Roastbrief. 31 March 2016. Retrieved 9 April 2016. (in Spanish)
- Devine, Paul (7 March 2016). "The Gang Is Born In First Top Cat Begins UK Trailer". The People's Movies. The People's Movie. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- Mayorga, Emilio (5 April 2016). "MipTV: 'Pinypon' Goes to Mexico, Russia". Variety. Variety Media LCC / Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- Milligan, Mercedes (15 April 2016). "Anima Estudios Partners with CalArts". Animation Magazine. Animation Magazine. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "Ánima Estudios and Chatrone announce Latin American joint venture with California Institute of the Arts". CalArts. California Institute of the Arts. 14 March 2016. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- Goldman Getzler, Wendy (27 May 2016). "Anima Estudios, CN search LatAm for new toons". Kidscreen. Brunico Communications Ltd. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- Milligan, Mercedes (16 August 2016). "CM LatAm, Anima Estudios Announce Contest Winners - Animation Magazine". Animation Magazine. Animation Magazine. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- "La leyenda de 'El Chupacabras'". Univision. Univision Communications Inc. 8 September 2016. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "La leyenda de 'El Chupacabras'". El Mañana. El Mañana. 25 September 2016.
- I. Castro, Víctor (24 October 2016). "Taquilla MX - Las mexicanas se apoderan de la taquilla". El Tijuanense.com. Joomla!. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Flores, Yesica (25 October 2016). "LA LEYENDA DEL CHUPACABRAS PRIMER LUGAR DE TAQUILLA EN SU PRIMER FIN DE SEMANA". Style by ShockVisual. Style by ShockVisual. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Wiseman, Andreas (6 November 2016). "AFM: First look at animation 'Here Comes The Grump'". ScreenDaily. Media Business Insight Limited. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Failes, Ian (14 November 2016). "First Look at 'Here Comes the Grump' Feature Reboot". Cartoon Brew. Cartoon Brew. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Milligan, Mercedes (8 November 2016). "GFM Animation Peeks 'Here Comes the Grump'". Animation Magazine. Animation Magazine. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Conoce estudio animacion mas importante America Latina Forbes Magazine
- Wolfe, Jennifer (20 February 2017). "Anima Estudios' 'Legend Quest' Debuts on Netflix This Friday!". Animation World Network. Animation World Network. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Ánima Estudios, Cartoon Network Latin America Launch 'Cortos' Animation Contest". Animation World Network. Animation World Network. 6 March 2017. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- Ánima Estudios on Twitter: "¡Los rumores eran ciertos! Próximamente descubrirás cómo Leo San Juan se enfrentará a esta siniestra Leyenda." (in Spanish) Accessed on 5 April 2017. Twitter.
- "Ánima Estudios desarrollará videojuegos con Teravision Games". Entrepreneur. Entrepreneur Media, Inc. 11 April 2017. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Marie de la Fuente, Anna (13 April 2017). "Mexico's Anima Studios and Teravision Games Partner Up to Create Mobile Apps". Variety (magazine). Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Mexico Box Office, December 12–18". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Magos y Gigantes". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Mexico Box Office, April 3-5, 2009". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "El Agente 00-P2 (2009)". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Mexico Box Office, March 12–14". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "AAA, La Película: Sin Límite en el Tiempo". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Lesnick, Silas (May 7, 2013). "Check out a Trailer and Clip from the Animated Top Cat Feature Film". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- "Mexico Box Office, November 4-6, 2011". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Top Cat (2011)". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Mexico Box Office, December 9-11, 2011". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "La leyenda de la lorona (2011)". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Mexico Box Office, June 8-10, 2012". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Gaturro, la pelicula (2010)". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Mexico Box Office, December 28–30, 2012". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- Hopewell, John (5 November 2015). "AFM: Grindstone Takes North America on 'Wicked Flying Monkeys' (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety". Variety (magazine). Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- Mexico Box Office, November 11-13, 2016 (check "Gross-to-Date")
- "La Leyenda del Chupacabras (2016) - International Box Office Results". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- Mexico's Alex Garcia hunting sales agent for animation Ana & Bruno | Screen Daily
- IMDb profile
- Monster Island trailer (temporary source) Accessed 24 April 2015. YouTube.
- TEENAGE FAIRYTALE DROPOUTS
- Iturry, Oscar (13 April 2015). "Serie animada del Chapulín Colorado se estrena con historias inéditas". La Razon. La Razon.
- Disney Channel estrena 'Piny Instituto'
- MipTV: ‘Pinypon’ Goes to Mexico, Russia
- Cleo y Cuquín
- De Pablos, Emiliano (2 April 2017). "Anima Kitchent and Televisa's 'Cleo & Cuquín' Sold to Discovery Kids Latin America (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety (magazine). Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- Anima Estudios to Co-Pro Vodka's 'Bugsted'
- Ánima Estudios on Twitter: ¡Búscalo en Cartoon Network! No te pierdas esta increíble historia de "What the Quest is This?" Twitter (In Spanish)
- What The Quest Is This? - Ganador CARTOON NETWORK/Ánima Estudios YouTube (In Spanish)
- Ánima Estudios on Twitter: No te pierdas esta increíble aventura ¡Busca a El Séptimo Cabellero por Cartoon Network! 08 Nov Mexico: 17:38 Colombia: 11:41 y a las 19:38 - Twitter (In Spanish)
- El Séptimo Caballero - Ganador CARTOON NETWORK/Ánima Estudios - YouTube (In Spanish)
- El Chavo Kart Developer Diary - Ánima Estudios - YouTube
- kart&dir=desc&order=fecha_lanzamiento Chavo Kart en Gameplanet | Gameplanet
- Twitter / AnimaEstudios: Ya pueden jugar Bugsted, nuestro... (in Spanish)
- Televisa Movil y Ánima Estudios lanzan Kickos (in Spanish)