Arakan Army (Kayin State)
(Redirected from Arakan State Army)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
ရခိုင်ပြည်တပ်မတော်Participant in the internal conflict in Myanmar
|Leaders||Colonel Min Zan Wai|
|Area of operations||Kayin State|
|Part of||Arakan National Council, United Nationalities Federal Council|
|Opponent(s)||Myanmar Union of Myanmar (until 2011)|
|Battles and war(s)||Internal conflict in Myanmar|
The Arakan Army's proclaimed objectives are as follows:
- To gain the right to self-determination for the ethnic groups of Rakhine State.
- To safeguard the national identity and cultural heritage of the Rakhine people.
- To promote the national dignity and interests of the Rakhine people.
- To liberate every citizen and ethnic group of Myanmar from the [military] dictatorship.
- To ensure peace and development for all of humanity.
|This Myanmar-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|