|Born||6 May 2019|
London, United Kingdom
Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor (born 6 May 2019) is a member of the British royal family. He is the son of Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and seventh in the line of succession to the British throne.
Birth and family
Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor was born at 05:26 BST (04:26 UTC) on 6 May 2019 at the Portland Hospital in London, to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Several landmarks were illuminated in different colours to mark the birth, including Niagara Falls, the CN Tower and the London Eye. His name was announced on 8 May 2019. He was baptised wearing the royal christening gown by the Archbishop of Canterbury on 6 July 2019 in the private chapel at Windsor Castle.
Archie descends from the British royal family on his father's side. He has African-American ancestry from his maternal grandmother. He is a citizen both of the United Kingdom and of the United States.
Title and succession
As a great-grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II, Archie is seventh in the line of succession to the British throne. Although not a royal prince nor entitled to the style of royal highness, as heir apparent to his father's Dukedom of Sussex, Earldom of Dumbarton, and Barony of Kilkeel, he would customarily have been entitled to use Prince Harry's senior subsidiary title Earl of Dumbarton as a courtesy. The Duke and Duchess decided instead that he would be styled as Master Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, in accordance with their wish that he grow up as a private citizen.
- "Royal baby: Meghan gives birth to boy, Harry announces". BBC News. 6 May 2019. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- Davies, Gareth (17 May 2019). "Duchess of Sussex gave birth at Portland Hospital in Westminster, royal baby's birth certificate confirms". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- Mowat, Justin (6 May 2019). "Niagara Falls will shine blue Monday to mark royal birth". CBC News. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "CN Tower lit in purple to mark birth of royal baby". CBC News. 6 May 2019. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "London Eye to turn red, white and blue for royal baby". BT. Press Association. 6 May 2019. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Royal baby: Duke and Duchess of Sussex name son Archie". BBC News. 8 May 2019. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- Dymond, Jonny (6 July 2019). "Harry and Meghan's baby Archie christened at Windsor". BBC News. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- Carroll, Leslie (6 May 2019). "How Meghan Markle Was Destined for the Spotlight". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 29 November 2019.
Doria was born and raised in Los Angeles. She later earned a master’s degree in social work from the University of Southern California and became a yoga instructor.
- McFadden, Syreeta (28 November 2017). "Meghan Markle is no modern-day Cinderella. She's better". NBC News. Retrieved 29 November 2019.
She had a pretty American upper middle class existence, including a private elementary and secondary school education and an undergraduate degree from an elite American university.
- Barry, Ellen; Karasz, Palko (6 May 2019). "Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Gives Birth to a Boy". The New York Times. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
... he represents change for the oldest of houses. He is half American, descended on his mother’s side from a bellhop in a Cleveland hotel, a laundry worker in Chattanooga, and a bartender in an Atlanta saloon.
- Alexander, Harriet (7 May 2019). "US tax authorities could stake a claim to Baby Sussex's inheritance". New York: Telegraph Media Group. Archived from the original on 6 May 2020. Retrieved 6 May 2020.
Los Angeles-born Meghan Markle is believed to have retained her US citizenship, and she will automatically pass that on to her offspring unless the child renounces US citizenship once he or she turns 18.
- "Royal baby: All you need to know about the birth of Harry and Meghan's child". BBC News. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Royal baby: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, gives birth to boy". The Guardian. 6 May 2019. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- Furness, Hannah; Southworth, Phoebe; Herbert, Samantha (6 May 2019). "Royal baby: Prince Harry says birth of son is 'the most amazing experience' as world waits for first sighting". The Telegraph. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Archie Harrison: The meaning behind the royal baby's name". BBC News. 8 May 2019. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "Succession". The Royal Family. 17 March 2016. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- Barry, Ellen (8 May 2019). "Harry and Meghan Name Their Son: Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor". The New York Times. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- Davies, Caroline (8 May 2019). "Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor – what's in a name?". The Guardian. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- Archie Mountbatten-Windsor at the Royal Family website
Archie Mountbatten-WindsorBorn: 6 May 2019
|Lines of succession|
The Duke of Sussex
| Succession to the British throne
7th in line
The Duke of York