|Other names||The Cessation, The Darkening, The Rolling, The turning into a sphere|
|No. of verses||29|
|No. of words||104|
|No. of letters||435|
Sūrat at-Takwīr (Arabic: سورة التكوير, “The Overthrowing”, literally “The Turning Into a Sphere”) is the eighty-first sura of the Qur'an with 29 ayat. It tells about signs of the coming of the day of judgement. Some of these signs include the following: (a) When the sun is shrouded in darkness (turns into a sphere) (b) When the stars lose their light (c) When the mountains are made to vanish (d) When the seas boil over (e) when the she camel about to give birth is left untended.
- Whoever wants to see the Qiyamah with his/her eyes should read the verses of at-Takwir, al-Infitar and al-Inshiqaq.” 
- Imam Ahmad recorded from Ibn Umar that the Messenger of Allah said, "Whoever wishes to look at the Day of Judgement as if he is seeing it with his own eyes, then let him read (When the sun is turned into a sphere.) (81:1) and; (When the heaven is cleft asunder.) (82:1) and; (When the heaven is split asunder.) (84:1))."
- It was narrated that Umar ibn Horayth said: "I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) reciting: 'When the sun is wound round.' in fajr. "
- (Tirmidhi, Tafsir: 81- Ahmad: 2/27, 36,100-5/452)
- Jami` at-Tirmidhi Grade : Hasan (Darussalam) English reference : Vol. 5, Book 44, Hadith 3333 Arabic reference : Book 47, Hadith 3653
- This is mentioned in Tafsir ibn kathir, Likewise, At-Tirmidhi has also recorded this Hadith.
- Sunan an-Nasa'i 951 In-book reference : Book 11, Hadith 76 English translation : Vol. 2, Book 11, Hadith 952