The Morning Star
|Other names||The Bright Star, The Knocker, The Pounder, The Nightcomer, The Night-Star, That Which Comes in the Night, The Nightly Visitant|
|No. of verses||17|
|No. of words||61|
|No. of letters||254|
Sūrat aṭ-Ṭāriq (Arabic: الطارق, “The Piercing Star”, “The Nightcomer”, literally “The Knocker”) is the eighty-sixth sura of the Qur'an with 17 ayat. Muslims believe this chapter was sent to Mohammed when he was in Mecca.
Hadith about Aṭ-Ṭāriq
The first and foremost exegesis/tafsir of the Qur'an is found in hadith of Muhammad. Although scholars including ibn Taymiyyah claim that Muhammad has commented on the whole of the Qur'an, others including Ghazali cite the limited amount of narratives, thus indicating that he has commented only on a portion of the Qur'an. Ḥadīth (حديث) is literally "speech" or "report", that is a recorded saying or tradition of Muhammad validated by isnad; with Sirah Rasul Allah these comprise the sunnah and reveal shariah. According to Aishah, the life of Prophet Muhammad was practical implementation of Qur'an. Therefore, mention in hadith elevates the importance of the pertinent surah from a certain perspective. According to hadith, the prophet Muhammad used to recite this surah in Zuhr prayer and Asr prayer.
- Jabir bin Samurah narrated: "For Zuhr and Asr, Allah's Messenger would recite: By the heavens, holding the Buruj (Surah 85) and (By the heavens and At-Tariq) and similar to them."
Allah then asks the human beings to think about how they were created. He then goes on to say that he has created human beings from the gushing water flowing between the backbone and the ribs.
Allah then reminds the human beings about the Judgment Day, the day when all the secrets would be revealed. On that day (Judgment Day), human beings would have no power and no one would help them.
Allah then takes another oath on the heaven and the earth to say that, whatever being said here is word of Allah and must be taken very seriously.
In the last three verses of the chapter, Allah says that the non-believers are plotting a scheme but in return Allah is also planning a scheme.
- Şatibi, El-muvafakat
- Muhsin Demirci, Tefsir Usulü, 120
- Grade : Sahih (Al-Albani) صحيح (الألباني) حكم : Reference : Sunan Abu Dawud 1342 In-book reference : Book 5, Hadith 93 English translation : Book 5, Hadith 1337
- Al-Adab Al-Mufrad » Dealings with people and good character - كتاب English reference : Book 14, Hadith 308 Arabic reference : Book 1, Hadith 308
- Sahih Al- Jami' AI-Saghir, No.4811
- Sunan Ibn Majah 2333 In-book reference : Book 13, Hadith 26 English translation : Vol. 3, Book 13, Hadith 2333
- Grade : Sahih (Darussalam) Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 1601 In-book reference : Book 20, Hadith 4 English translation : Vol. 2, Book 20, Hadith 1602
- Sunan al-Tirmidhi 307 In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 159 English translation : Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 307
- Sunan Abu Dawud 805 In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 415 English translation : Book 3, Hadith 804
- Sunan an-Nasa'i 979 In-book reference : Book 11, Hadith 104 English translation : Vol. 2, Book 11, Hadith 980