Balarampur, Purulia (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||35. Purulia|
|Electorate (year)||175,023 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 239 Balarampur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Balarampur community development block; Chakaltore, Dimdiha, Durku, Garafusra, Lagda and Sonaijuri gram panchayats of Purulia I community development block; and 3. Chatu Hansa, Hensla and Puara gram panchayats of Arsa community development block.
|Trinamool Congress||Santiram Mahato||65,244||45.79||+7.84#|
|JDP||Shambhu Nath Hembram||2,897|
|Independent||Tahir Hussen Ansary||932|
|Trinamool Congress gain from CPI(M)||Swing||24.97#|
Uttam Banerjee, contesting as an independent candidate, was a rebel Congress candidate.
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||1||7|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 3 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006, 2001, 1996 and 1991 state assembly elections Bhandu Majhi of CPI(M) won the Balarampur assembly seat defeating his nearest rivals Barjuram Ram Singh Sardar of Trinamool Congress, Lambodar Mandi of Trinamool Congress, Dulali Mandi of Congress, and Subhas Mudi of Congress respectively. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Bikram Tudu of CPI(M) defeated Rasik Chandra Majhi of Congress in 1987, and Rup Singh Majhi of Congress in 1982 and 1977.
Rup Singh Majhi of Congress won in 1972. Bikram Tudu of CPI(M) won in 1971. Gobardhan Majhi of Lok Sewak Sangh/ Independent won in 1969 and 1967. Padak Mahata of LSS won in 1962. Bhim Chandra Mahato, Independent, won in 1957. Prior to that the Balarampur seat was not there.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-09-18. Retrieved 2011-01-27.
- "Balarampur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Balarampur. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Balarampur. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "Cong rebels dare leaders". The Statesman 29 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "235 - Balrampur (ST) Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-26.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-27.