|Elevation||155 m (509 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 3251|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bankura, Purulia|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Raghunathpur, Para|
Raghunathpur is located at  It has an average elevation of 155 m (509 ft). The area forms the lowest step of the Chota Nagpur Plateau. The general scenario is undulating land with scattered hills..
Raghunathpur total area covered 12.95 km2, and at present 13 nos of Ward. Raghunathpur had a total population of 25,932 in 2011. Out of this 11,326 were males and 10,486 were females. 2,640 persons were below the age of 6 years. 13,317 persons were literate.
A steel plant of 5 million tons capacity along with a cement plant with capacity of 3000,000 tons will be set up at block one in Raghunathpur. The Jai Balaji group will be setting up these projects worth Rs 16,000 crore with a captive power plant on 3,800 acres (15 km2) of land. Adhunik group will set up an 1,100,000 ton capacity steel plant along with a 1000,000 ton cement plant. The project covering an area of nearly 2,400 acres (9.7 km2) will also comprise a captive power plant involving an investment of Rs 6400 crore.The state cabinet approved the industrial projects on 22 August 2007.
The state government has acquired 1,100 acres (4.5 km2) of land against the requirement of 3,300 acres (13 km2). The land acquired was handed over to Jai Balaji group in October 2009. The state government was acquiring the balance portion of the land, In the first phase the Jai Balaji group will begin with coal mining at Asansol and sponge iron production at Raghunathpur. The company expects to start production in 2011. Jai Balaji Industries Limited (JBIL), the flagship company of Jai Balaji group, has raised Rs 198.50 crore through Qualified Institutional Placement (QIP) of shares.
Raghunathpur is an intermediate panchayat in Purulia district, with Arrah, Babugram, Bero, Choprahari, Khajura, Nutandi, Sanka, Barrah, Cheliama, Jotadih, Mangaldah-Mautore, Nildih, and Nutandih village panchayats under it.
- Raghunathpur Gobinda Das Lang Institution
- Raghunathpur Girls High School
- Raghunathpur High School
- Gogra High school
- Babugram high School
- Raghunathpur College
- Sankra High School
Joychandi Pahar, 3 km from Raghunathpur, is a popular tourist centre and major attraction for rock climbing. Joychandi Pahar railway station is on the Asansol-Adra section of South Eastern Railway. The film Hirak Rajar Deshe was mostly shot in this mountain area.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Raghunathpur
- Houlton, Sir John, Bihar, the Heart of India, 1949, p. 170, Orient Longmans Ltd.
- "Census of India". Table - 3 : Population, population in the age group 0-6 and literates by sex - Cities/Towns (in alphabetic order): 2001. Registrar General, India, 2A, Mansingh Road, New Delhi 110011. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2007-09-05.
- "Damodar Valley Corporation". Capacity Addition Programme for 11th Plan (Proposed Greenfield Projects). DVC. Archived from the original on 2007-03-26. Retrieved 2007-09-05.
- "Jai Balaji Group". Jai Balaji Group. Retrieved 2007-09-05.
- "Balaji group on recce in Raghunathpur". The Statesman, 26 January 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-09-05.
- "More industries in state cleared". The Statesman, 23 August 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-09-05.
- "Jai Balaji gets 1,100 acres for Purulia plant". The Statesman , 27 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-27.[dead link]
- "Jai Balaji alters strategy for Purulia plant". The Telegraph , 27 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-27.
- "Jai Balaji Ind raises Funds through QIP for Projects in Bengal". Business Standard, 27 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-27.
- "Village Panchayats of West Bengal". Purulia. National Panchayat Directory,Panchayat Informatics Division,NIC. Retrieved 2008-03-02.[dead link]
- "World / India / Bangla / Raghunathpur,". Joychandipahar. wikimapia. Retrieved 2007-09-05.
- "Purulia". Places of Interest. bongodarshan. Retrieved 2007-09-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Raghunathpur, Purulia.|