Kapoor at Filmfare Glamour & Style Awards, 2016
20 November 1976 |
|Alma mater||Ross School of Business|
Tusshar Kapoor (Hindi: तुषार कपूर) is an Indian Bollywood actor and producer and son of veteran actor Jeetendra and younger brother to Ekta Kapoor. He is also the co-owner of Balaji Telefilms and Balaji Motion Pictures. He made his debut in 2001 with the blockbuster Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai, a remake of the Telugu super hit Tholi Prema, along with Kareena Kapoor. He received the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for his work in the film. Kapoor then appeared in two more Telugu remakes Jeena Sirf Merre Liye (2002), and Yeh Dil (2003), which fared moderately well at the box office, he then appeared in Ram Gopal Varma's production Gayab (2004) which had kapoor receiving appreciation for his work.
Starting 2004, Kapoor was starred in commercial hits such as Khakee (2004), Kyaa Kool Hai Hum (2005), Golmaal (2006), Shootout at Lokhandwala (2007) in which he has essayed the role of gangster Dilip Buwa, and received good reviews for his work, Golmaal Returns (2008), Golmaal 3 (2010), The Dirty Picture (2011), Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum (2012), the critically acclaimed Shor in the City (2012), and Shootout at Wadala (2013) . In 2012, Kapoor took part in the "Fashion for a Cause" event which raised money for homeless children. He has co-produced the film Chaar Din Ki Chandni, in which he has also starred. He worked as lead actor in Bollywood sex comedy film Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3 which was an above-average grosser at the domestic box office, and is the third installment of Kyaa Kool Hain Hum film series. Another sequel Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 4 is being planned.
Early and personal life
Tusshar Kapoor is the son of celebrated Bollywood actor Jeetendra and of Shobha Kapoor. His sister Ekta Kapoor is a prominent television and film producer. He attended the Bombay Scottish School where he was in the same class as Abhishek Bachchan. He then studied at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor for his BBA degree at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business. Kapoor opted for IVF and became single parent to Laksshya Kapoor through surrogacy in June 2016.
Prior to making his debut as an actor, Kapoor worked with film director David Dhawan as an assistant. Following this, he trained as an actor with Roshan Taneja and Mahendra Verma, in their acting school, and in dance with Nimesh Bhatt.
|2001||Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai||Karan||Bollywood debut|
|2002||Kyaa Dil Ne Kahaa||Rahul|
|2002||Jeena Sirf Merre Liye||Karan Malhotra|
|2003||Kucch To Hai||Karan|
|2004||Shart: The Challenge||Jai Kapoor|
|2004||Khakee||Sub Inspector Ashwin Gupte|
|2005||Kyaa Kool Hai Hum||Rahul|
|2007||Good Boy, Bad Boy||Rajan Malhotra|
|2007||Kya Love Story Hai||Arjun|
|2007||Shootout at Lokhandwala||Dilip Buwa|
|2007||Dhol||Sameer "Sam" Arya|
|2008||One Two Three||Laxmi Narayan|
|2008||Om Shanti Om||Himself||Special appearance in song "Deewangi"|
|2008||C Kkompany||Akshay Kumar|
|2008||Halla Bol||Himself||Cameo appearance|
|2008||Sunday||Himself||Special appearance in song "Manzar"|
|2011||Shor in the City||Tilak|
|2011||Love U...Mr. Kalakaar!||Sahil|
|2011||Hum Tum Shabana||Rishi Malhotra|
|2011||The Dirty Picture||Ramakanth|
|2012||Chaar Din Ki Chandni||Veer Vikram Singh|
|2012||Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum||Adi|
|2013||Shootout at Wadala||Sheik Munir|
|2016||Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3||Kanhaiya|
|2016||Run Bhola Run||Post-production|
- Sahadevan, Sonup (27 June 2016). "Tusshar Kapoor becomes father to baby boy using surrogacy". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- "Tusshar Kapoor Birthday: 5 films that failed his career". India.com.
- Bollywood Hungama (16 July 2004). "Gayab".
- "Review: Shor In The City". NDTV. 29 April 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "Review: Shor In The City is brilliant stuff!". Rediff.com. 28 April 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "Shor In The City Movie Review". The Times of India. 28 April 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "Tusshar Kapoor at Fashion for a Cause 2012 – The Times of India". Indiatimes. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Tusshar Kapoor turns producer – The Times of India". Indiatimes. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Tusshar Kapoor shares Abhishek Bachchan's picture on Friendship Day". The Times of India. 4 August 2015. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "A star arrives in style". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "'Kya Kool Hain Hum 3' banned by Censor Board". Deccan Chronicle. 8 October 2015. Retrieved 12 November 2015.