Kkomjangeo bokkeum, made with Inshore hagfish
|This article is part of a series on|
Bokkeum is a generic term to refer to a Korean dish made by stir-frying ingredients in a sauce. According to Korean dictionaries, the verb form of bokkeum, "bokkda" (볶다) means "cooking dried ingredients over heat." However, bokkeum not only refers to dishes made by stir-frying ingredients to a dry state, but also indicates dishes with a thick sauce after cooking. The former is called geonyeol bokkeum (건열볶음 dry stir-fried dishes) and the latter is called seupyeol bokkeum (습열볶음, watery stir-fried dishes) by the literal meaning in Korean.
- Gari bokkeum (가리볶음), made with scallops
- Gan bokkeum (간볶음), made with beef or pork liver
- Nakji bokkeum (낙지볶음), made with small octopus
- Ojingeo bokkeum (오징어볶음), made with squid
- Songi bokkeum (송이볶음), made with matsutake
- Ueong bokkeum (우엉볶음), made with greater burdock
- Jeyuk bokkeum (제육볶음), a hot and spicy pork dish
- Kimchi bokkeum (김치볶음), the base of Kimchi bokkeumbap
- Myeongtae bokkeum (명태볶음), made with Alaskan pollock
- Jaban bokkeum (자반볶음), made with salted mackerel
- Gochujang bokkeum (고추장볶음), made with meat and gochujang
- Myeolchi bokkeum (멸치볶음), made with dried small anchovies
- Saeu bokkeum (새우볶음), made with shrimps
- Jogaesal bokkeum (조갯살볶음), made with clams' fresh
- Ojingeochae bokkeum (오징어채볶음), made with dried shredded squid
- Jwichichae bokkeum (쥐치채), made with dried shredded Stephanolepis cirrhifer
Ojingeochae bokkeum, made with dried shredded squid
- "The general kinds of Korea Food". Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- 볶음 (in Korean). Empas / EncyKorea.
- "Stir-fried dishes". Life in Korea. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- 송이볶음 (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "JAE-YOOK (KIM-CHI) BO-KUM". Trifood. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- 오징어채볶음 (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bokkeum.|
|This Korean cuisine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|