|China Fast Reactor 600 (CFR-600)|
|Reactor concept||Fast breeder reactor|
|Location||Xiapu County, Fujian province, China|
|Main parameters of the reactor core|
|Fuel (fissile material)||UO2 (initial stage)|
MOX (later stage)
|Neutron energy spectrum||Fast|
|Primary coolant||Liquid sodium|
|Power (thermal)||1500 MWth|
|Power (electric)||600 MWe gross|
The CFR-600 is a sodium-cooled pool-type fast-neutron nuclear reactor under construction in Xiapu County, Fujian province, China, on Changbiao Island. It is a generation IV demonstration project by the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC). The project is also known as Xiapu fast reactor pilot project. Construction of the reactor started in late 2017. The reactor will have an output of 1500 MWth thermal power and 600 MW electric power. The fuel will be supplied by TVEL, subsidiary of Rosatom, according to the agreement signed in 2019.
A larger commercial-scale reactor, the CFR-1000, is also planned.
- Nuclear power in China
- BN-600 reactor
- BN-1200 reactor
- Integral fast reactor
- List of nuclear reactors#China
- "CFR-600 (China Institute of Atomic Energy, China)" (PDF). IAEA. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- "China begins building pilot fast reactor". www.world-nuclear-news.org. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- "China starts building second CFR-600 fast reactor". www.world-nuclear-news.org. Retrieved 29 December 2020.
- CCCC-FHDI wins bid for quot;feasibility study of offshore engineering of 600MW fast reactor nuclear power demonstration project in Xiapu, 12.03.2015. (Archived Version on archive.is).