|China Fast Reactor 600 (CFR-600)|
|Reactor concept||Fast breeder reactor|
|Location||Xiapu County, Fujian province, China|
|Main parameters of the reactor core|
|Fuel (fissile material)||UO2 (initial stage)|
MOX (later stage)
|Neutron energy spectrum||Fast|
|Primary coolant||Liquid sodium|
|Power (thermal)||1500 MWth|
|Power (electric)||600 MWe gross|
The CFR-600 is a sodium-cooled pool-type fast-neutron nuclear reactor under construction in Xiapu County, Fujian province, China, on Changbiao Island. It is a generation IV demonstration project by the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC). The project is also known as Xiapu fast reactor pilot project. Construction of the reactor started in late 2017. These reactors are expected to be connected to the grid in 2023 and 2025. The reactor will have an output of 1500 MWth thermal power and 600 MW electric power. The fuel will be supplied by TVEL, subsidiary of Rosatom, according to the agreement signed in 2019.
A larger commercial-scale reactor, the CFR-1000, is also planned.
There are series concerns from the West that these breeder reactors will be used to produce weapon grade plutonium for nuclear weapon manufacturing purposes. 
|Unit||Type||Net capacity||Gross capacity||Thermal capacity||Construction Start||Operation Start||Notes|
|XIAPU-1||FBR||642 MWe||682 MWe||1882 MWt||2017-12-29||2023|||
|XIAPU-2||FBR||642 MWe||682 MWe||1882 MWt||2020-12-27||2025|||
AlJazeera reported in 2021 that the reactors are controversial because they will produce weapons-grade plutonium, so likely have a dual military and civilian use, and China has stopped annual voluntary declarations to the International Atomic Energy Agency [IAEA] on its stocks of plutonium.
- Nuclear power in China
- China Experimental Fast Reactor (CEFR)
- BN-600 reactor
- BN-1200 reactor
- Integral fast reactor
- List of nuclear reactors#China
- "CFR-600 (China Institute of Atomic Energy, China)" (PDF). IAEA. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- "China begins building pilot fast reactor". www.world-nuclear-news.org. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- "China starts building second CFR-600 fast reactor". www.world-nuclear-news.org. Retrieved 29 December 2020.
- CCCC-FHDI wins bid for quot;feasibility study of offshore engineering of 600MW fast reactor nuclear power demonstration project in Xiapu, 12.03.2015. (Archived Version on archive.is).
- "PRIS - Reactor Details". pris.iaea.org. Retrieved 2022-07-28.
- "Concerns grow over China nuclear reactors shrouded in mystery".