Street in Castricum
Location in North Holland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Toon Mans (VVD)|
|• Total||60.37 km2 (23.31 sq mi)|
|• Land||49.67 km2 (19.18 sq mi)|
|• Water||10.70 km2 (4.13 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|Population (August 2017)|
|• Density||713/km2 (1,850/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Postcode||1489, 1900–1906, 1920–1921|
Castricum is a seaside town in the province of North Holland. It draws in a fair share of tourists who mainly come to visit the beach and nearby dune landscape. In Castricum's vicinity there is also the lake of Alkmaar-Uitgeest which offers various sailing and windsurfing opportunities.
The municipal council of Castricum consists of 23 seats, which are divided as follows:
- VVD - 5 seats
- Castricum Kern(en) Gezond (CKenG) - 4 seats
- GDB - 3 seats
- PvdA - 3 seats
- CDA - 3 seats
- GroenLinks - 2 seats
- D66 - 2 seats
- De Vrije Lijst - 1 seat
At the moment, the college van burgemeester en wethouders (the municipal board) is formed by the VVD, CKenG, CDA and D66.
- Huis van Hilde, provincial archaeology centre in Castricum
- "Burgemeester Toon Mans" [Mayor Toon Mans] (in Dutch). Gemeente Castricum. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 1902CA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.