City of Greater Shepparton
|City of Greater Shepparton|
Location in Victoria
|Population||63,867 (2016 census)|
|• Density||26.370/km2 ( 68.297/sq mi)|
|Gazetted||18 November 1994|
|Area||2,422 km2 (935.1 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Cr Kim O'Keefe|
|Website||City of Greater Shepparton|
The City of Greater Shepparton is a local government area in the Hume region of Victoria, Australia, located in the north-east part of the state. It covers an area of 2,422 square kilometres (935 sq mi) and, at the 2016 Census, had a population of 63,867. It includes the city of Shepparton and the towns of Arcadia, Ardmona, Congupna, Dookie, Grahamvale, Kialla, Lemnos, Merrigum, Mooroopna, Murchison, Tallygaroopna, Tatura, Toolamba and Undera. It was formed in 1994 from the amalgamation of the City of Shepparton, Shire of Shepparton, and parts of the Shire of Rodney, Shire of Euroa, Shire of Goulburn, Shire of Tungamah, Shire of Violet Town and Shire of Waranga.
The City is governed and administered by the Greater Shepparton City Council; its seat of local government and administrative centre is located at the council headquarters in Shepparton, it also has a service centre located in Tatura. The City is named after the main urban settlement located in the centre of the LGA, that is Shepparton, which together with adjoining Mooroopna form the LGA's most populous urban area with a population of over 46,000.
The council is composed of nine councillors elected to represent an unsubdivided municipality.
|Shelly Sutton||Deputy Mayor|
Administration and governance
The council meets in the council chambers at the council headquarters in the Shepparton Municipal Offices, which is also the location of the council's administrative activities. It also provides customer services at both its administrative centre in Shepparton, and its service centre in Tatura.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Greater Shepparton (C)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Order Constituting ... the City of Greater Shepparton ...(part 12)". Victoria Government Gazette. State Government of Victoria (S87): 5. 18 November 1994. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Census QuickStats (2016). "Shepparton - Mooroopna (UCL) – UCL212002". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Government of Australia. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- Greater Shepparton City Council. "Greater Shepparton City Council". Greater Shepparton City Council. Greater Shepparton City Council. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
Media related to City of Greater Shepparton at Wikimedia Commons
- Greater Shepparton City Council official website
- Metlink local public transport map
- Link to Land Victoria interactive maps
|This article about a location in Victoria, Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|