City of Greater Shepparton
|City of Greater Shepparton
Location in Victoria
|• Density||24.958/km2 (64.642/sq mi)|
|Gazetted||18 November 1994|
|Area||2,422 km2 (935.1 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Cr Jenny Houlihan|
|Website||City of Greater Shepparton|
The City of Greater Shepparton is a local government area in the Hume region of Victoria, Australia, located in the north-east part of the state. It covers an area of 2,422 square kilometres (935 sq mi) and, at the 2011 Census, had a population of 60,449. It includes the city of Shepparton and the towns of Arcadia, Congupna, Dookie, Grahamvale, Kialla, Lemnos, Merrigum, Mooroopna, Murchison, Tallygaroopna, Tatura, Toolamba and Undera. It was formed in 1994 from the amalgamation of the City of Shepparton, Shire of Shepparton, and parts of the Shire of Rodney, Shire of Euroa, Shire of Goulburn, Shire of Tungamah, Shire of Violet Town and Shire of Waranga.
The City is governed and administered by the Greater Shepparton City Council; its seat of local government and administrative centre is located at the council headquarters in Shepparton, it also has a service centre located in Tatura. The City is named after the main urban settlement located in the centre of the LGA, that is Shepparton, which is also the LGA's most populous urban centre with a population of 29,553.
The council is composed of seven councillors elected to represent an unsubdivided municipality.
|Unsubdivided||Jenny Houlihan||Mayor (2013–14)|
Administration and governance
The council meets in the council chambers at the council headquarters in the Shepparton Municipal Offices, which is also the location of the council's administrative activities. It also provides customer services at both its administrative centre in Shepparton, and its service centre in Tatura.
- Census QuickStats (2011). "Greater Shepparton (C) – LGA22830". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Government of Australia. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Victoria Government Gazette – Online Archive (1837–1997). "S87 of 1994". State Library of Victoria. State Government of Victoria (published 18 November 1994). p. 5. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Census QuickStats (2011). "Shepparton (SS) – SSC21211". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Government of Australia. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Local Government in Victoria. "Greater Shepparton City Council". Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure. State Government of Victoria. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Greater Shepparton City Council official website
- Metlink local public transport map
- Link to Land Victoria interactive maps
|This article about a location in Victoria, Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|