Corruption in Macedonia
|Corruption by country|
|Oceania and the Pacific|
According to Transparency International Global Corruption Barometer 2013, corruption is a large concern in the public sector as more than half of the surveyed households consider Parliament, police, public officials, and particularly the judiciary and political parties very corrupt.
The business environment in Macedonia is negatively affected by corruption. Several sources indicate that corruption is considered an obstacle for doing business, and businessmen have reported that bribery is demanded sometimes during public procurement and contracting.
- "Global Corruption Barometer 2013". Transparency International. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Global Competitiveness Report 2013-2014". World Economic Forum. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "2013 Investment Climate Statement - Macedonia". US Department of State. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Snapshot of the Macedonia Country Profile". Business Anti-Corruption Portal. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia 2013 Progress Report" (PDF). The European Commission. Retrieved 3 December 2013.