Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan
|Seshadri Bala Bhavan Senior Secondary School|
|Chennai, Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Bangalore in Karnataka, and now a proposed branch in Cudddalore also.
|Motto||"Knowledge Is Power|
|School district||Chennai, Coimbatore, Bangalore, Hyderabad|
|Dean||Padmashree Dr. Mrs. Y. G. Parthasarathy|
|Principal||Mrs. S. Vasanthi (Nungambakkam Branch) Geetha Govindarajan(KK Nagar Branch);|
|Grades||K to Grade 12|
|Number of students||12000|
|School colour(s)||Bright blue and Dark Blue.|
|Affiliation||Central Board of Secondary Education, India|
|Information||29 Alagirisami Salai, K.K.Nagar, Chennai - 600 078 (Ph: +91 44 23663165); 15 Lake First Main Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai - 600 034 (Ph: +91 44 28172459)|
|Uniform||Primary(LKG, UKG):Red/green checked shirts, red/green shorts in alternate years and similar for girls. High School(1st-5th): blue checked shirts, blue shorts and similar for girls. Secondary(6th-8th): Ashfab colours: brown Striped shirts, brown shorts/pants and pink salwar kameez for girls. Senior Secondary(9th-12th): grey and yellow big checked shirt, grey pants and same colour salwar kameez for girls.|
Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan (PSBB) is a group of schools located in Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Coimbatore. The school was founded by Rajalakshmi Parthasarathy, also known as Dr. Mrs. Y. G. Parthasarathy (Mrs. YGP), a well known educationalist.
- PSBB K.K.Nagar
- PSBB Nungambakkam, PSBB Lake Area, also known as Main School, the oldest branch of the PSBB group of schools
- PSBB T.P.Road (T. Nagar), an annexe of Nungambakkam
- PSBB Siruseri, at the L&T Eden Park, the newest branch of the PSBB group of schools
- PSBB Millennium School, Grand Southern Trunk Road (Nursery), Porur, DLF Garden City, Thazhambur, OMR (for classes Pre-KG to Std. XII (as from the academic year 2015–16)
- PSBB Learning Leadership Academy ( Lakshmipura,Near Bannerghatta Road )
- The PSBB Millennium School, Somayampalayam
- PSBB Millennium School
- The PSBB Millenium School
The PSBB School in Nungambakkam was established in 1958 by a group of housewives of the Nungambakkam Ladies Recreation Club. There were 13 students in a thatched shed on the terrace of the residence of the dean and director of the school, Mrs. Y. G. Parthasarathy. The land was donated by the family of famous Table Tennis Player, Venugopal Chandrasekhar. At the time the school did not have many facilities. Today the school has six branches (including PSBB Millennium) with over 8000 students and 500 staff members.
In 1959, one year after its inception, the school shifted to a campus of its own at the present premises in Nungambakkam. It followed the Madras Matriculation System unit of Madras University. As the school grew, the need to extend its branches arose and thus emerged the T. P. Road Junior School in 1971, as an annex to the school in Nungambakkam. In 1978, the school was affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
In 1976 another branch of the PSBB School, affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, was started in a residential area of K. K. Nagar with 5-acre (20,000 m2) surroundings. The K. K. Nagar branch has seen forty eight batches pass out.[clarification needed] PSBB adopted the shift system[clarification needed] in the 1970s and 1980s to satisfy the growing demands of the residents of the city. PSBB has been visited by (former) President of India A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. The K. K. Nagar branch is one of the biggest schools in the city.
In 2010, Mrs. Y.G. Parthasarathy, Dean of the PSBB Schools, received the Padma Shri in Education and Literature from the Government of India.
In 2012-2013, the PSBB group of schools, headquartered at Nungambakkam was ranked first in the South zone and came third in India under the Day Schools Category as per the EducationWorld – C Fore Survey 2011.
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Indian Cricketer
- Subramaniam Badrinath, Indian Cricketer
- A.R.Rahman, Oscar winning Music Composer
- Anand Shankar, Tamil film director
- Lavanya Sundararaman, carnatic singer
- Venkatesan Guruswami
- Sharath Kamal,Table Tennis player
- Anirudh Ravichander, Music director
- Naga Chaitanya, Film actor
- Harini, playback singer
- Chetan Baboor, Table Tennis Player
The PSBB Millennium School, Chennai Jeyaram Lakshman
- "PSBB schools' achievements lauded". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2008-02-22. Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- "Tamil Nadu / Chennai News : Never say impossible, Kalam tells students". The Hindu. 2005-12-02. Retrieved 2014-01-03.
- Nima Rakheja. "India's Most Respected Schools 2011". Indiaprwire.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.