|Drumul Național 1|
|Maintained by Compania Naţională de Autostrăzi şi Drumuri Naţionale din România|
|Length||643 km (400 mi)|
|To||Borş (Hungarian border)|
|Counties||Ilfov, Prahova, Braşov, Sibiu, Alba, Cluj, Bihor|
|Major cities||Bucharest, Ploieşti, Braşov, Făgăraş, Sibiu, Sebeş, Alba Iulia, Aiud, Turda, Cluj-Napoca, Oradea, Borş|
|National roads in Romania|
DN1 (Romanian: Drumul Naţional 1) is an important national road in Romania which links Bucharest with the northwestern part of the country and the border with Hungary via Borş. The main cities linked by DN1 are Bucharest, Ploieşti, Braşov, Sibiu, Alba Iulia, Cluj-Napoca and Oradea.
On the Comarnic – Braşov section, traffic jams appear very often because of intense traffic volume going in the touristic region of Valea Prahovei (Prahova Valley) and the road narrowing to only two lanes.
The segment of DN1 that serves the area north of Bucharest was upgraded at the end of 2005. It now has three traffic lanes on each side and two new interchanges at the Henri Coandă Airport and the Otopeni bridge. Although it doesn't complete the motorway specifications, the DN1 road can be considered an expressway on certain segments. A modern CCTV system has also been installed on the section from Bucharest to Sinaia to prevent speeding and accidents.
On the Bucharest – Braşov section, driving restrictions apply during daytime from Monday to Friday for vehicles with MPW over 7.5 t (16,535 lb) and on Saturdays and Sundays for vehicles with MPW over 3.5 t (7,716 lb). On the Cluj-Napoca – Oradea section, restrictions apply during daytime on Saturdays and Sundays for vehicles with MPW over 7.5 t (16,535 lb).
- "Nota de Fundamentare -HG nr.16/05.01.2011". Guvernul Romaniei. Archived from the original on 21 December 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Harta drumurilor nationale din Romania". e-Transport.ro. Archived from the original on 10 December 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Aglomeratie pe Valea Prahovei: Folositi rutele ocolitoare". Ziare.com. 24 December 2011.
- "Inca un an de restrictii pe DN1 (E60) Bucuresti-Ploiesti-Brasov". ZiuaCargo.ro. 31 December 2011.
- "Driving restrictions Romania 2012". UNTRR.ro. Archived from the original on 29 April 2012. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- "Autostrada A3 Bucuresti - Ploiesti, deschisa traficului de joi dimineata". Hotnews.ro. 19 July 2012.
DN1 at the 45 degrees of latitude marker, in Prahova County
|This Romanian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|