Daljeet Kaur Bhanot
15 November 1982 |
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
|Other names||Daljit Kaur|
|Years active||2004 – present|
|Spouse(s)||Shaleen Bhanot (2009–2015)|
Daljeet Kaur (also known as Daljeet Bhanot prior to her divorce) is an Indian television actress. She played the protagonist in Sony TV's Kulvaddhu and also won Nach Baliye 4 with her partner Shaleen Bhanot. She is well known for playing the role of Anjali Jha in the popular show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? which aired on Star Plus Channel.
Daljeet Kaur hails from a Punjabi family, with an army background: her father is a retired Colonel and her two elder sisters are in the defence services, as air force pilots. Whilst working in Kulvaddhu she met Shaleen Bhanot, whom she married on 9 December in the year 2009, in Shaleen's home town of Jabalpur. She also happens to share her birthday with her ex-husband. She gave birth to their first and only son on 8 November 2013.
In 2004, she won the title of Miss Pune, as well as being a finalist in a number of other pageants including, Miss Navy, Miss Mumbai and Miss Maharashtra Queen. She made her television début in the Zee drama, Manshaa, and this was followed by appearances in CID, Aahat and Raat Hone Ko Hai. Her first role as a protagonist in a drama was in Kulvaddhu as Niyati, a young girl from a royal Jodhpur family.
Following the abrupt ending of Kulvaddhu, Daljeet went on to depict the role of Shikha, the daughter of Veer Pratap Singh (Narendra Jha) and the possessive lover of Abhimanyu (Iqbal Khan) in Chhoona Hai Aasmaan. At the same time, she also played the role of Suhana, the youngest sibling of the Dixit family in Santaan.
After participating in Nach Baliye 4, she took a break from acting and returned after her marriage to portray the role of Anjali Shyam Jha in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? She garnered a lot of fame by portraying the role of the male protagonist's very loving and doting sister.
|2005||Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan||Siya||Star Plus|
|2005||Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai||Tanzy||Sony TV|
|2007–2008||Chhoona Hai Aasmaan||Shikha Singh||Star One|
|2007–2009||Santaan||Suhana Dixit||Star Plus|
|2009||Kahaniya Vikram Aur Betaal Ki||Princess Madhumati||Colors|
|2011–2012||Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?||Anjali Shyam Jha||Star Plus|
|2013||Mano ya na Mano||Anita - ep 78||Star One|
|2014||" Savdhaan India"||Shruti||Life OK|
|2015||Swaragini - Jodein Rishton Ke Sur||Jhanki Shekhar Gadodia||Colors|
|2015–2017||Kaala Teeka||Manjiri/Mukta/Manjima/Pishima||Zee TV|
|2011||Nachle Ve Season 3||as herself, with Shaleen||NDTV Imagine|
|2008–2009||Nach Baliye 4||as herself, with Shaleen||Star Plus|
|2008||Saas v/s Bahu||as herself||Sahara One|
|2009||Star Parivaar Awards||Favourite Pratyogita||For Nach Baliye 4, with Shaleen||Won|
|2012||Star Parivaar Awards||Favourite Behen||For the role of Anjali Jha in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?||Nominated|
- "Kulvaddhu : Drama : SET Syndication". Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Karisma's tears worked wonders for Nach Baliye 4 winners". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2 May 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Daljeet Kaur's Ladakh trip". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "'I like to dream' – Entertainment". DNA India. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "Daljit Kaur's flying high". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "Daljeet Kaur Bhanot marriage details". Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "I am ninety nine percent like the character I play in Kulvaddhu". Tellychakkar.com. Archived from the original on 15 December 2007. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Daljeet Kaur is at a loss without Kulvadhu". Indya.com. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Daljit wants to touch the skies – Entertainment". DNA India. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "YEH DOSTI HUM NAHIN CHODENGE. Meet actors who are also best friends". Tellychakkar.com. Archived from the original on 22 December 2008. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Shaleen and Daljeet are the chosen ones". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Star Parivaar Awards 2012 – Nominees". STARPlus.in. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daljeet Kaur Bhanot.|