Dark 'N' Stormy
|IBA Official Cocktail|
|A Dark 'n' Stormy served at Rye in San Francisco, California|
|Primary alcohol by volume|
|Served||On the rocks; poured over ice|
|Standard drinkware||Highball glass|
|IBA specified ingredients*||
|Preparation||In a highball glass filled with ice add 10 cl ginger beer and top with 6cl dark rum|
|Notes||Try using a couple dashes of bitters to add complexity.|
A Dark 'N' Stormy is a highball cocktail made with dark rum (the dark) and ginger beer (the stormy) served over ice and garnished with a slice of lime. In the US, the name "Dark 'N Stormy" is a trademark of Gosling Brothers Ltd of Bermuda. Gosling's claims there is only one recipe for a Dark 'N Stormy, but the NY Times reports that Gosling's has changed that recipe along with changing commercial relationships; Gosling's recipe does call for Gosling's Black Seal Rum.
- IBA DARK ‘N’ STORMY
- US PTO Dark n Stormy trademark registration
- United States Trademark Law no mention of the word recipe
- Legal Zoom no trademark for recipes
- Jonathan Miles (5 July 2009). "The Right Stuff (by Law)". New York Times. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "Dark 'N Stormy Recipe". Gosling's Brothers Ltd. 2009-12-17. Retrieved September 15, 2012.