Trade union career
In 2006, Holland served as Chair of the International Transport Workers' Federation women's committee, and was also national organiser for women, race and equalities for the Transport and General Workers' Union (TGWU). The TGWU subsequently merged into Unite, and Holland became its Assistant General Secretary, in which post she took a leading role in negotiations around the 2012 fuel tanker drivers' dispute.
She has also served as President of the Confederation of Shipbuilding and Engineering Unions.
As of July 2010, Holland has been a Labour Party member for over 25 years with 16 years on the National Executive Committee, the longest continuously elected NEC member. She is a member of Islington North CLP.
Holland was elected as Labour Party Treasurer in September 2010, defeating John Prescott. Holland won 68.96% of the total vote, with 19.02% out of 50% in the individual members section of the electoral college and 49.93% out of 50% in the trade union affiliates section.
- "OBEs A - I", BBC News, 30 December 2000
- "Diana Holland", International Transport Workers' Federation
- Svenja O'Donnell and Nidaa Bakhsh, "U.K. Fuel Tanker Driver's Union Rules Out Strike Over Easter", Bloomberg, 30 March 2012
- "Diana Holland - Biographical Details", Left Futures
- admin. "DIANA HOLLAND for Labour Party Treasurer". www.grassrootslabour.net. Retrieved 2017-04-08.
- "Lord Prescott fails in Treasurer bid", BBC News, 26 September 2010
- Sparrow, Andrew (2010-09-26). "Labour conference live – Sunday 26 September". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-04-08.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-16. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
|Party political offices|
| Chair of the Labour Party
| Treasurer of the Labour Party