Marcille in Los Angeles, 2012
|Born||Eva Marcille Pigford
October 30, 1984
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Other names||Eva the Diva, Eva Pigford, D-Eva, Eva Diva|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Hair color||Light brown|
|Eye color||Hazel / Green|
Ford Models, Uber-Warning Models
Eva Marcille Pigford (born October 30, 1984), known professionally as Eva Marcille, is an African American actress, TV host and fashion model, who most recently played the role of Tyra Hamilton on the soap opera The Young and the Restless. She started her career by winning the third cycle of America's Next Top Model.
||This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Marcille was born in Los Angeles, California to an African-American mother and a African American father. Her middle name, Marcille, is an amalgam of "Marjorie" and "Lucille," her grandmothers' names.
She attended Raymond Avenue Elementary School, Marina Del Rey Middle School, and Washington Preparatory High School (2002). She attended Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, Georgia; however, she left the school shortly after winning the third cycle of America's Next Top Model.
Marcille was the winner of the third cycle of America's Next Top Model, beating fellow contestants Yaya DaCosta, Amanda Swafford, and Ann Markley. Her prizes included a CoverGirl cosmetics contract, a spread in Elle, and a modeling contract with Ford Models.
Her speech that closed Cycle 3 of America's Next Top Model was:
...This little tomboy from L.A. that has never been beautiful. I was not the cute girl in school. I came here the shortest and the one that had the most insecurities inside of them, and now I’m America’s Next Top Model. And I get to represent all the little girls who feel the way I feel... Watch out world here comes Eva. Ha!
— America's Next Top Model, Cycle 3 Finale "The Girl Who Wins it All"
Marcille has appeared on the cover of Brides Noir, Women's Health and Fitness (May 2005), King magazine (June 2005), IONA (November 2005), and Essence magazine. Her other modeling credits include CoverGirl, DKNY, Samsung, Red by Marc Ecko, Jewel magazine, In Touch Weekly magazine (June 2005), King magazine (November 2005), WeTheUrban Magazine, IONA, UNleashed magazine, Star Magazine, Elle, Elle Girl, Applebottoms, Lerner Catalog, Avon Campaign 4 and Rolling Out. Marcille's runway shows include the Marc Bouwer Fall 2005, Elle Girl presents Dare To Be You: Wal-Mart Meets America's Next Top Model 2005, Gharani Strok Fall 2005, Deborah Lindquist Spring 2006, Naqada Spring 2006, 8th Annual 'Models of Perfection' Show 2006, and L.A. Fashion Week's Monarchy Collection Fall 2007.
On November 15, 2006, Marcille left her managers Benny Medina and Tyra Banks. After leaving Banks and Medina for new management, she officially dropped "Pigford" from her name, now going by Eva Marcille (her middle name). She has stated she did this in order to not use her modeling fame to get into acting but earn her acting roles.
Marcille has guest-starred on several series on UPN and The CW Network. Her guest-star credits include two episodes of Kevin Hill, one episode of Smallville, one episode of Everybody Hates Chris, and one episode of The Game as herself. Marcille has also appeared on Tyler Perry's House of Payne.
In addition, Marcille hosted BET J's reality show My Model Looks Better Than Your Model, as well as Rip the Runway on BET. Furthermore, she has appeared in several music videos, including "Baby" by Angie Stone (featuring Betty Wright), 50 Cent's "I Get Money" and Jamie Foxx's "DJ Play a Love Song". She is also mentioned in Lil' Kim's song, "I Know You See Me" and Missy Elliott's "On & On" where the rapper sings, "Top model diva but my name not Eva."
Marcille was cast as a regular on a FOX show called The Wedding Album in 2006, but FOX cancelled it before it aired.
In 2008 she joined the cast of The Young and the Restless as a young mother named Tyra Hamilton. (Contrary to speculation, Marcille's character was not named after Tyra Banks, but for The Young and The Restless' head writer Maria Arena Bell's best friend's daughter whose name is Tyra.) After a few months, her character, who was planned to be temporary was made permanent. In 2009, Marcille was nominated for two NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series for her Y&R role but didn't get the awards. She did however win a Young Hollywood award.
She appeared in a June 2009 episode of the BET prank show Played by Fame, where contestants have nightmarish dates with celebrities.
In August 2013, Marcille appeared in the video clip "J'accélère (I accelerate)" by French rapper Rohff.
In July 2006, Marcille started dating Tyler Perry's House of Payne star Lance Gross. They got engaged on December 24, 2008 and split up in March 2010. She also dated rapper Flo Rida from 2010 to 2012.
In January 2013, she began dating singer-songwriter Kevin McCall. Marcille gave birth to her first child, and McCall's second daughter, Marley Rae McCall on January 31, 2014. McCall and Marcille broke up in early 2015.
- Born Again Virgin (2015) as Tara
- Real Husbands of Hollywood (2013) as herself (3 episodes)
- "J'accélère" Music video by French rapper Rohff (2013)
- Girlfriend Confidential: LA (2012) as herself
- "Best of Me" Music video by American singer Tyrese (2012)
- "Live It Up" Music video by American singer Jennifer Lopez
- Note To Self (2012) as Karen Wells
- The Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down (2010) as Jasmine
- Let's Stay Together (2010) as Raynelle (1 episode)
- The Assistants (2009) as Alicia James (1 episode)
- The Young and the Restless (2008–2009) as Tyra Hamilton (72 episodes)
- Tyler Perry's House of Payne (2007–2011) as Tracie (6 episodes)
- Super Capers (2009) as News Reporter
- Everybody Hates Chris (2007) as Mrs. Crabtree (1 episode)
- Smallville (2007) as Tyler Crenshaw (S07E03)
- I Think I Love My Wife (2007) as Hope
- Crossover (2006) as Vanessa
- Premium (2006) as Farrah
- The Wedding Album (2006) as Gretchen
- The Walk (2005) as Sydney Lee
- Kevin Hill (2005) as Sandra (2 episodes)
- The Game as herself
- Wild N' Out as herself (1 episode)
- sister code as (2015)
- Eva Marcille at the Fashion Model Directory
- "Eva Pigford". NYTimes.com. Retrieved April 24, 2009.
- Eva Marcille interview at B. Scott. YouTube.
- "Eva Pigford wins UPN America's Next Top Model". Reality TV world. Retrieved December 26, 2006.
- "Profile: Eva Pigford". Fashion Model Directory. Archived from the original on August 12, 2011.
- "Fall 2005 Designers Marc Bouwer". Olympus Fashion Week.
- "Eva Pigford and Jamie Foxx". Reality TV Stars in the News. About.com.
- "Nick Cannon Presents Wild N Out: Episode Guide". TV.com.
- "Top Model Eva Marcille Cast on The Young and the Restless!". The Young and the Restless News. Soaps.com. June 6, 2008.
- "Eva Marcille and Lance Gross Breakup EXCLUSIVE". Essence.com. 2010-03-24. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- Sep 11, 2012 (2012-09-11). "Eva Marcille talks heartbreak". S2SMagazine. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- Derrick Bryson Taylor (2014-02-01). "Eva Marcille and Kevin McCall Welcome Daughter". Essence.com. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
|America's Next Top Model winner
Cycle 3 (2004)