Florida's 27th congressional district
|Florida's 27th congressional district|
Florida's 27th congressional district - since January 3, 2017.
|Current Representative||Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R–Miami)|
|Area||344 sq mi (890 km2)|
Florida's 27th congressional district is an electoral district for the U.S. Congress and was created in South Florida during 2012, effective January 2013, as a result of the 2010 Census. The first candidates ran in the 2012 House elections, and the winner was seated for the 113th Congress on January 3, 2013.
The 27th district is located in far South Florida, inside Miami-Dade County. It contains a large part of the city of Miami, as well as all of the municipalities of Miami Beach, Coral Gables, West Miami, South Miami, Pinecrest, Cutler Bay, Palmetto Bay, Key Biscayne,and North Bay Village. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the long-time incumbent Congresswoman from the 18th district, was seated January 2013 in the redistricted district. On April 30, 2017, she announced that she would not be running for re-election in 2018.
Election results from presidential races:
|2012||President||Barack Obama 53 - Mitt Romney 46%|
|2016||President||Hillary Clinton 59 - Donald Trump 39%|
List of representatives
|District created||January 3, 2013|
|Ileana Ros-Lehtinen||Republican||January 3, 2013 – present||113th
|Redistricted from the 18th district.
- "Congressional Plan--SC14-1905 (Ordered by The Florida Supreme Court, 2-December-2015)" (PDF). Florida Senate Committee on Reapportionment. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- "Census 2010 shows Red states gaining congressional districts". Washington Post. Retrieved 2010-12-21.
- See whole Florida state map for 2013, with the 26th district covering Monroe County and Miami-Dade County: h9047_35x42L.pdf Congressional Plan: H000C9047. Chapter No. 2012-2, Laws of Florida. www.flsenate.gov. February 16, 2012.
- See the 2013 boundaries of the 26th district, covering Monroe County and western Miami-Dade in the 2013 districts map: H000C9047_map_se.pdf, for the southeast region of Florida. Congressional Plan: H000C9047. Chapter No. 2012-2, Laws of Florida. www.flsenate.gov. February 2012.
- Mattezi, Patricia. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen to Retire from Congress, Miami Herald, April 30, 2017.