Fair Lakes, Virginia
|Fair Lakes, Virginia|
|• Total||2.42 sq mi (6.26 km2)|
|• Land||2.39 sq mi (6.19 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.06 km2)|
|Elevation||400 ft (100 m)|
|• Density||3,322/sq mi (1,282.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||703, 571|
|GNIS feature ID||2584844|
Fair Lakes is a census-designated place (CDP) and business park located west of Fairfax in Fairfax County, Virginia, United States. The U.S. Census Bureau defines Fair Lakes as a census-designated place (CDP) with a population of 7,942 as of 2010.
The main road in Fair Lakes is the Fair Lakes Parkway. Other major roads that pass through the area are the Fairfax County Parkway (SR 286); West Ox Road (SR 608), and SR 6751 / Monument Drive. SR 645 / Stringfellow Road forms the western boundary of Fair Lakes, and is also the western terminus for the Fair Lakes Parkway. An interchange with Interstate 66 is at the center of the Fair Lakes CDP. The southern border of the CDP follows U.S. Route 29 (Lee Highway).
- SR 7700 / Fair Lakes Parkway
- SR 286 / Fairfax County Parkway
- SR 608 / West Ox Road
- SR 645 / Stringfellow Road
- Interstate 66
Fair Lakes is bordered by Centreville to the west, Greenbriar to the north, and Fair Oaks to the east. Unincorporated land that is not part of any census-designated place is to the south across Route 29, including Cobbs Corner and Blevinstown. The center of Fairfax is 5 miles (8 km) to the east, and downtown Washington, D.C. is 22 miles (35 km) to the east along I-66.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Fair Lakes CDP has a total area of 2.42 square miles (6.26 km2), of which 2.39 square miles (6.19 km2) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.06 km2), or 1.00%, is water.
The area was farm land until planned development of the office parks and neighborhoods began in the 1980s and 1990s.
Malls and shopping centers
- East Market at Fair Lakes
- Fair Lakes Center
- Fair Lakes Promenade
- Fair Oaks Mall
- The Shops of Fair Lakes
- The Arbors at Fair Lakes
- Avalon Fair Lakes
- Camden Fair Lakes
- Cedar Lakes
- Elan Condominiums
- Fair Lakes Condominiums
- Fair Lakes Townhomes
- Gates of Fair Lakes
- The Greens at Fair Lakes Condominiums
- North Lake
- Willow Oaks at Fair Lakes
- Water's Edge at Fair Lakes
- The Windsor at Fair Lakes
- Stonecroft Condominiums
- Fair Lakes Pender Creek – Gables Residential
- Chesterbrook Academy
- Fair Lakes Children's Center
- Argon ST, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Boeing
- CGI Group
- General Dynamics
- Northrop Grumman
- SRA International
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Fair Lakes CDP, Virginia". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- "Peterson". petersoncos.com. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (2002), Road Travel Demand: Meeting the Challenge, OECD, p. 147, ISBN 92-64-19755-9, retrieved 2009-02-18
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fair Lakes, Virginia.|