Entrance of Rachel Carson Middle School
|• Total||2.78 sq mi (7.20 km2)|
|• Land||2.76 sq mi (7.16 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2)|
|Elevation||360 ft (110 m)|
|• Density||3,031/sq mi (1,170.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1495548|
Floris is located in northwestern Fairfax County, south of Herndon, around the intersection of Centreville and West Ox roads. It is bordered by McNair to the north, Reston to the northeast, Franklin Farm to the south, and by Virginia State Route 28 to the west, separating the community from Washington Dulles International Airport. The center of Herndon is 3 miles (5 km) to the north, Fairfax is 10 miles (16 km) to the southeast, and Washington, D.C., is 26 miles (42 km) to the east.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Floris CDP, Virginia". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Floris CDP, VA" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on July 25, 2016.
- Home. Rachel Carson Middle School. Retrieved on July 25, 2016. "13618 McLearen Rd. Herndon, VA 20171"
- Overview." King Abdullah Academy. Retrieved on July 25, 2016. "2949 Education Drive, Off: 13818 McLearen Road, Herndon, VA 20171"
- "Contact Us." Nysmith School. Retrieved on July 25, 2016. "13625 EDS Drive Herndon,VA 20171"
- Virginia Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data)
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Floris, Virginia
|This Fairfax County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|