Franz von Holzhausen
Franz von Holzhausen
|Education||Syracuse University (1986-1988),|
ArtCenter College of Design (1988-1992, B.S. in Transportation Design)
|Occupation||Chief Designer, Tesla Inc.|
|Known for||Chief Designer of Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model Y, Tesla Roadster (2020), Tesla Semi, Tesla Cybertruck and Saturn Sky|
|Spouse(s)||Vicki von Holzhausen|
Franz von Holzhausen (born May 10, 1968) is an American vehicle designer. Since 2008, he has been in charge of design at Tesla, Inc. He designed the Tesla Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, and the unveiled but not-yet-released Cybertruck, Semi, and second-generation Tesla Roadster. Prior to Tesla, he worked in design at Mazda, General Motors, and Volkswagen.
In 2005, he took a role at Mazda, where he was chief of design. He led the designs of the Mazda Kabura concept car that debuted at the 2006 North American International Auto Show and of the Mazda Furai concept car that was unveiled at the 2008 North American International Auto Show, both in Detroit.
In 2008, he went to work for Tesla. He is known for designing Tesla vehicles, including the Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, and the unveiled but not-yet-released Cybertruck, Semi, and second-generation Tesla Roadster.
- Peters, Emma (August 4, 2015). "Five things we know about Tesla's elusive chief designer". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 7 November 2020.
- "After jobs at Audi and Mercedes-Benz, Vicki von Holzhausen is redesigning fashion accessories in a big way". Los Angeles Times. 2017-09-14. Retrieved 2020-12-27.
- Segran, Elizabeth (2021-03-19). "Tesla and Mercedes-Benz were just the warm-up act for this design power couple". Fast Company. Retrieved 2021-06-13.
- "Designer Franz von Holzhausen: Courageous visionary". Archyde. 24 July 2021. Retrieved 27 July 2021.
- "Exclusive: Franz von Holzhausen joins Tesla Motors". cardesignnews.com. 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-08-09. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- Loveday, Eric (2009-04-30). "Tesla Model S Designer Franz von Holzhausen Reveals How Perfectionism Drives Design". GreenCarReports.com. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- My Tesla Adventure (2018-05-16), Franz talks about the future of Tesla, archived from the original on 2021-12-21, retrieved 2019-07-10
- Loh, Edward (2012-10-01). "Designers on Design: Franz von Holzhausen on the McLaren P1". wot.motortrend.com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-26. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "MAZDA DESIGNER VON HOLZHAUSEN BOLTS FOR TESLA". Autoweek. 4 August 2008. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- Nagy, Bob (2006-09-26). "First Drive: Mazda Kabura Concept". Motor Trend. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "Franz von Holzhausen Joins Tesla Motors as Chief Designer". Tesla. 20 April 2010. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "Mazda Furai - Kelley Blue Book Interviews Franz Von Holzhausen - YouTube". www.youtube.com. 2008-06-24. Archived from the original on 2021-12-21. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- "Detroit 2013: Tesla's Family Will Grow". automobilemag.com. 2013-01-15. Archived from the original on 2013-10-12. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
- "Why Tesla Model Y 3rd Row Is Key To It Becoming The Best Selling Vehicle In The World". 2019-03-16.
- Mark Vaughn (17 November 2017). "Tesla Roadster Sounds Incredible But Will It Be That Good?". AutoWeek.