Franz von Holzhausen
|Franz von Holzhausen|
Franz von Holzhausen (front) with Elon Musk
May 10, 1968|
Simsbury, Connecticut, United States
|Residence||San Carlos, California|
Syracuse University (1986-1988),|
ArtCenter College of Design (1988-1992)
|Occupation||Chief Designer, Tesla Inc.|
|Known for||Chief Designer of Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, and Second generation Tesla Roadster|
|Spouse(s)||Vicki von Holzhausen|
Franz von Holzhausen (born May 10, 1968 in Simsbury, Connecticut) is an American automobile designer, currently in charge of design at Tesla Inc. after resigning from his position at Mazda North American Operations on July 31, 2008. He designed the Tesla Model S, Model X, Model 3, and second-generation Tesla Roadster.
Von Holzhausen started his career with Volkswagen in 1992 where he worked on the designs for the Microbus and the New Beetle concept project, known as "Concept One," under design lead J Mays.. He then moved to General Motors in 2000 as a design manager where he worked on the Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice.
After taking his role at Mazda on February 21, 2005, von Holzhausen led the designs of the Mazda Kabura concept car that debuted at the 2006 North American International Auto Show and the 2008 Mazda Furai concept unveiled at Detroit.
He then went on to work for the car company Tesla where he is working presently. He is known for designing the new versions of Tesla cars including the Model S, the Model X, the Model 3, and the new Tesla Roadster.
- "Exclusive: Franz von Holzhausen joins Tesla Motors". cardesignnews.com. 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-08-09. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- Loveday, Eric (2009-04-30). "Tesla Model S Designer Franz von Holzhausen Reveals How Perfectionism Drives Design". GreenCarReports.com. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- Loh, Edward (2012-10-01). "Designers on Design: Franz von Holzhausen on the McLaren P1". wot.motortrend.com. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "MAZDA DESIGNER VON HOLZHAUSEN BOLTS FOR TESLA". Autoweek. 4 August 2008. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "Franz von Holzhausen Joins Tesla Motors as Chief Designer". Tesla. 20 April 2010. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "Detroit 2013: Tesla's Family Will Grow". automobilemag.com. 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
- Mark Vaughn (17 November 2017). "Tesla Roadster Sounds Incredible But Will It Be That Good?". AutoWeek.
|This automobile biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|