Enterprise, Nevada as seen from the foothills of Southern Highlands
Location of Enterprise in Clark County, Nevada
|• Total||46.51 sq mi (120.5 km2)|
|• Land||46.51 sq mi (120.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||2,552 ft (778 m)|
|• Density||2,332.3/sq mi (900.5/km2)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||1867345|
|Website||Enterprise Town Advisory Board|
Enterprise is an unincorporated town and census-designated place and part of Las Vegas Township in Clark County, Nevada, United States, south of Las Vegas. The population was 108,481 at the 2010 census, up from 14,676 at the 2000 census. As an unincorporated town, it is governed by the Clark County Commission with input from the Enterprise Town Advisory Board. Enterprise was formed in December, 1996.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the census-designated place (CDP) of Enterprise (which may not coincide exactly with the town boundaries) has a total area of 46.51 square miles (120.5 km2). Enterprise is the location of the Mountain's Edge planned community.
Federally, all of Enterprise falls within Nevada's 3rd Congressional District, which is represented by Joe Heck, a Republican. Several State Senators represent parts of the area, including Republicans Becky Harris (District 9), Michael Roberson (District 21) and Democrat Aaron Ford (District 11). Significant portions of Enterprise are represented in the Assembly by Libertarian John Moore (District 8) and Republicans Brent Jones (District 35) and Victoria Dooling (District 41).
As of the census of 2010, there were 108,481 people, 39,848 households, and 25,834 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,332.3 people per square mile (900.5/km²). There were 49,563 housing units. The racial makeup of the CDP was 56.3% White, 8.1% African American, 0.6% Native American, 21.2% Asian, 0.9% Pacific Islander, 6.8% from other races, and 6.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 17.3%. Non-Hispanic Whites were 48.1%.
There were 39,848 households out of which 36.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 46.4% were married couples living together, 11.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.2% were non-families. 21.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.72 and the average family size was 3.24.
In the CDP, the age distribution was 24.4% under the age of 18 and 6.2% was 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32.5 years.
The median income for a household in the CDP between 2007-2011 was $75,688. The per capita income for the CDP was $32,564.
Allegiant Air has its corporate headquarters in Enterprise. The Silverton Casino is the only casino located in the town. The Town Square Mall is another major attraction that falls within the boundaries.
The Clark County School District serves Enterprise.
- Canarelli Middle School and Tarkanian Middle School.
- Desert Oasis High School, Sierra Vista High School, and Southwest Career and Technical Academy.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Enterprise CDP, Nevada". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Steve Kanigher (July 18, 2003). "Las Vegas: Bright lights, but not a big city". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved October 8, 2012.
- "Who's My Legislator / What's My District". mapserve1.leg.state.nv.us. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2010)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- United States Census Bureau. Enterprise CDP, Nevada
- "Contact Us." Allegiant Air. Retrieved on January 2, 2011. "Allegiant Travel Company 8360 S. Durango Drive Las Vegas, NV 89113"
- "Enterprise CDP, Nevada." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 2, 2011.