|Launched||May 8, 2012|
|Owned by||Turner Broadcasting System Europe (Time Warner)|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)
1080i (16:9 HDTV)
|Audience share||0.0% (October 2017KEK),|
|Broadcast area||Germany, Austria, Switzerland|
|Formerly called||Glitz* (8 May 2012 - 31 March 2014)
TNT Glitz (1 April 2014 - 7 May 2016)
|Sister channel(s)||TNT Serie
|Sky Deutschland (Germany/Austria)||Channel 127 (HD)|
|Kabel Deutschland (Germany)||Channel 318 (SD) / Channel 329 (HD)|
|Unitymedia (Germany)||Channel 267 (SD) / Channel 71 (HD)|
|UPC Switzerland (Switzerland)||Channel 137 (HD)|
|Telekom Entertain (Germany)||Channel 241 (SD/HD)|
|A1 TV (Austria)||Channel 609 (HD)|
TNT Comedy (until March 2014 glitz* and until May 2016 TNT Glitz) is a pay TV channel in Germany, which was launched on May 8, 2012 as glitz*. It is owned by Turner Broadcasting System. TNT Comedy is currently available via cable, statllite and IPTV.
In August 2013, SES Platform Services (now MX1) won an international tender by Turner Broadcasting System, to provide playout services for glitz*, and for Boomerang, Cartoon Network, TNT Film and TNT Serie (in both SD and HD) for the German-speaking market, digitization of existing Turner content, and playout for Turner on-demand and catch-up services in Germany, Austria, Switzerland the Benelux region, from November 2013.
On 1 April 2014 the channel was renamed TNT Glitz and started broadcasting via satellite on Sky Germany. The slogan "The sun is shining here" ("Hier scheint die Sonne") was changed to "We are pink" ("Wir sind pink").
TNT Glitz features the German first-runs of the comedy series Parks and Recreation, Web Therapy, Girls and Hot in Cleveland as well as the drama series Pretty Little Liars, Parenthood and Unforgettable. Original programming includes the magazine InStyle – Das TV-Magazin, which is centered on fashion and celebrities. It is presented by Eva Padberg.
- Hot in Cleveland
- I'm Sorry (2017-present)
- Man Seeking Woman
- Parks and Recreation
- The Big Bang Theory
- Web Therapy
- Assy McGee
- Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
- Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil
- Sealab 2021
- The Venture Bros.
- "Ein Platz Fuer Girls". Vogue (Germany). May 9, 2012.
- Krei, Alexander (2012-02-29). "Klotzen statt Kleckern: Turner startet Frauensender Glitz". DWDL.
- "Playout and video-on-demand: SES Platform Services wins international tender by Turner Broadcasting" (Press release). SES Platform Services GmbH. August 28, 2013. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- "Eva Padberg mit eigenem TV-Magazin "InStyle"". Fashion Insider Magazin. June 21, 2012.
- (in German) "glitz*" - Launch in München: So feierten die Promi-Ladys den neuen TV-Sender - Leute - Bild.de
- (in German) Frauensender Glitz im Pay-TV - Irgendwie ein Lebensgefühl - Medien - sueddeutsche.de
|This German television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|