Green Valley Ranch
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Green Valley Ranch|
Green Valley Ranch in 2007
|Location||Henderson, Nevada, U.S.|
|Address||2300 Paseo Verde Parkway|
|Opening date||December 18, 2001|
|No. of rooms||495|
|Total gaming space||143,891 sq ft (13,367.9 m2)|
|Signature attractions||The Beach
Bottiglia Cucina & Enoteca
Hank's Fine Steaks
Green Valley Ranch is a hotel, casino, and spa located in the affluent master-planned eponymous community within Green Valley community in Henderson, Nevada. It is owned and operated by Station Casinos.
The property offers 8 restaurants, a 143,891 sq ft (13,367.9 m2) casino, The Spa at Green Valley Ranch, 65,000 square feet of convention space and 495 guest rooms and suites. While a locals casino, the property was designed with an upscale element and draws many out-of-town visitors. The hotel is adjacent to The District, a mixed-use development.
On November 8–9, 2017, employees voted in favor of unionizing the hotel and casino property by 78% as these vote margins were not disclosed to the public. It was organized by the Culinary Workers Union. It is the fourth and recent Station Casinos property to be unionized.
The District at Green Valley Ranch
The District at Green Valley Ranch was added as a multi-use project directly to the east of the resort in April 2004. The property includes retail stores and restaurants on the first level and luxury condominiums on the upper levels, as well as standalone restaurants and commercial office buildings. A second phase of the District was opened in August 2005, further to the east, and includes retail shops and commercial office space. The Perlman Design Group designed the project.
Film and television appearances
- American Casino, a reality television series for the Discovery Channel and Travel Channel based on the daily tasks of various casino employees, was filmed here in 2004.
- Las Vegas, a few shots as exteriors of the Montecito Resort & Casino.
- Rahman "Rock" Harper, the winner of the 2007 third season of Hell's Kitchen, was rewarded with a one-year contract as head chef at the resort's Terra Verde restaurant.
- In early 2012, the Tomahawk steak served at the casino, was featured on the Food Network.
- "Green Valley Ranch". Terra West Management Services. Retrieved October 15, 2016.
- "Listing of Financial Statements Square Footage". Nevada Gaming Control Board. Retrieved September 9, 2016.
- Stutz, Howard (December 5, 2006). "Mergers and Acquisitions: Station founders bid to take company private". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Archived from the original on October 31, 2012. Retrieved October 28, 2007.
- Simpson, Jeff (December 18, 2001). "Casino Industry: New Station set to Open". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Archived from the original on October 10, 2012. Retrieved October 28, 2007.
- Hogan, Jan (March 14, 2000). "Station in joint venture". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Archived from the original on August 13, 2006. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- "Green Valley Ranch workers vote to unionize". Las Vegas Review-Journal. November 10, 2017. Retrieved November 14, 2017.
- "The District at Green Valley Ranch". Retrieved October 15, 2016.
- "First Season of 'American Casino' Showcases Green Valley Ranch". PR Newswire (Press release). December 15, 2003. Retrieved October 28, 2007.
- "American Casino - Episode Guide". TV.com. Retrieved July 1, 2010.
- "Column: Shooting Stars". Las Vegas Review-Journal. August 11, 2003. Archived from the original on October 10, 2012. Retrieved October 28, 2007.
- Wilson, Dave (September 13, 2007). "Flashy first day". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved October 28, 2007.