This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hakkasan is an upscale, modern Chinese restaurant in the West End of London, England, at Hanway Place. The restaurant has eleven locations worldwide and was founded in 2001 by Syra Khan and Alan Yau, also behind the Wagamama Japanese restaurants and the newer Yauatcha restaurant, also in London. The multimillion-pound interior at the original Hakkasan was designed by the French designer Christian Liaigre who fused distinctly modern aesthetic with traditional Chinese motifs. In 2015, Hakkasan reopened it doors in Mayfair, London, forming a partnership with the Tsang Corporation with a fund of £10,000,000 investment, established by W Tsang.
Hakkasan has opened restaurants in Las Vegas, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, Miami, Abu Dhabi, Beverly Hills, Shanghai, Dubai, and Doha. In 2013, Hakkasan formed a strategic partnership with Angel Management Group creating their first nightclub located at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The five-story 80,000 square foot venue holds close to 7,500 patrons and boasts performers such as Calvin Harris, Hardwell, Nervo and Tiësto. In April 2017, a new Hakkasan restaurant named Ling Ling opened at Aker Brygge in Oslo, Norway. In April 2018, Hakkasan entered in a partnership with Grupo Vidanta to open a chain of clubs in Mexico.
The London restaurant gained a Michelin star rating in 2003. The British Restaurant magazine released its sixth annual global ranking of the 50 Best Restaurants in April 2008. Hakkasan was rated 19th in the list, with a total of five London restaurants listed.
- http://www.hakkasan.com Official Site
- Mac, Ryan. "Hakkasan Evolution: Growing From Las Vegas Megaclub To Global Lifestyle Brand".
- Mac, Ryan. "DJ Wars: Inside The Las Vegas Battles For The World's Top Electronic Music Talent".
- "– Vi kommer til å ha mange av Hakkasans signaturretter".
- "Superkjendisenes favorittrestaurant åpner i Oslo". 20 March 2017.
- Dobson, Jim. "Hakkasan Expands Omnia Dayclub and Restaurant Brands To Vidanta Los Cabos And Beyond".