|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Owner||A+E Networks (50%)|
|Launched||9 October 2011|
History TV18 (formerly known as The History Channel) is a television channel in India. It broadcasts infotainment and documentary shows. It is owned by a joint venture between A+E Networks, owner of the American History channel, and TV18, an Indian media group owned by Mukesh Ambani. It is available in five languages in full HD across the Indian subcontinent.
History was first launched as The History Channel on 30 November 2003. It was launched by a joint venture between AETN International and News Corporation's STAR, through its subsidiary NGC Networks. It had aired series like Boy's Toys, Biography, Conspiracy?, Crusades, Secret Agents and Breaking Vegas and television movies like Marilyn and Me. Following the expiration of the deal between AETN and STAR on 21 November 2008, STAR took over the channel and re-branded it as Fox History & Entertainment. That channel has since been re-branded again as Fox History & Traveller, then Fox Traveller and is currently available in India as Fox Life.
On 9 October 2011, The History Channel was re-launched in India as History TV18, by a joint venture between A+E Networks and TV18.
- Morden marvels - Treasures of the Indus
- Vital Stats of India
- OMG! Yeh Hai Mera India'
- OMG! Chhattisgarh
- Taj Mahal History
- Saving the Ganga
- Ansuni Kahani – Shantanu (Untold Story of Shantanu and Cricket)
- Saving the Western Ghats
- Republic Day Line Up
- Lost World of Kamasutra
- India's Deadliest Roads 
- India On Four Wheels
- India Showcase
- India 70 Wonders
- Independence Day Special
- History of Sex
- Air India 182
- 26/11 Mumbai Terror Attack
- A Brush With Life:Satish Gujral
- A Passage through India
From History Channel
- American Restoration
- Ancient Aliens
- Baggage Battles
- Barbarians Rising
- Biker Battleground Phoenix
- The Bible
- Bonnie & Clyde
- Cajun Pawn Stars
- Counting Cars
- Food Tech
- Forged In Fire
- Hunting Hitler
- Leepu & Pitbull
- Pawn Stars
- Pawn Stars UK
- Smartest Guy in The Room
- Spartan X
- Stan Lee's Superhumans
- Storage Wars
- ^ Anusha Parthasarathy; Shruthi Mathews (14 October 2011). "History re-invents itself". The Hindu. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- ^ "Ajay Chacko appointed President of Network18-AETN JV". Business Standard. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- ^ "History Channel to be launched in India on Nov 30". The Hindu Business Line. 26 November 2003. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- ^ Shibani Gharat (10 October 2011). "A+E Networks | TV18 launches History channel". afaqs!. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- ^ "History TV18 brings back OMG! Yeh Mera India by Krushna Abhishek". 21 June 2017. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- ^ "History TV18 brings Indian version of 'Ice Road Truckers' starring Mandira Bedi". 19 October 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- ^ History India Shows Retrieved 14 December 2017
- ^ "History TV 18 kicks off 'Dynamo: Magician Imposible'". 20 October 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- ^ a b c d e f "History TV18 preps to unveil eight new shows". 19 October 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- ^ "History TV18 launches 'In Search of Aliens". 28 November 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- ^ "Meet 'Serial Killer', explore Mother Nature on History TV18". Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- ^ "'Barbarians Rising', Roman & Barbarian battle on History TV18". 23 January 2017. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- ^ "'The Bible' on History TV18 from 24 December". 23 December 2016. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- ^ "History TV18 to air "Hunting Hitler"". 19 January 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- ^ "HISTORY's Blockbuster Show – Pawn Stars Topped the Rating Chart as Audiences Warm-up to Factual entertainment genre". 30 May 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- Television channels and stations established in 2003
- Television channels and stations disestablished in 2008
- English-language television stations in India
- Television stations in Mumbai
- Television channels and stations established in 2011
- Network18 Group
- A&E Networks
- 2003 establishments in Maharashtra
- 2011 establishments in Maharashtra