From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Holingol.
和林格尔 • ᠬᠣᠷᠢᠨᠭᠡᠷᠰᠢᠶᠠᠨ
|• Total||3,401 km2 (1,313 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|• Density||55/km2 (140/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Horinger (Mongolian: ᠬᠣᠷᠢᠨ ᠭᠡᠷ ᠰᠢᠶᠠᠨ Қорин Гэр сиыан Qorin Ger siyan; simplified Chinese: 和林格尔; traditional Chinese: 和林格爾; pinyin: Hélíngé'ěr) is a county of Inner Mongolia, China. It is under the jurisdiction of Huhhot.
- GDP: RMB ￥7.82 billion in 2006
- Pillar industries: milk industry, wool industry, forestry, lamb and beef industry
- Mengniu, the biggest manufacturer of dairy products in China, is based in Horinger.
- At year-end of 2006, there are 46 primary and secondary schools and 4 kindergartens in the city.
- Number of students enrolled at year-end of 2006: 655 in kindergartens, 10962 in primary schools, 10241 in junior high schools, 4417 in senior high schools.
- Number of teachers at year-end of 2006: 1834 full-time teachers and staff
- Percentage of children of the right age attending primary school in 2006: 100%
- Percentage of primary school graduates entering a higher school in 2006: 100%
- Percentage of junior high graduates entering a higher school in 2006: 83.59%
- Number of medical entities at year-end of 2005: 14
- Number of health-care entities at year-end of 2005: 1
- Number of hospital beds at year-end of 2005: 178
- Number of medical doctors, registered nurses and medical technicians at year end of 2005: 230
- TOMB OF COUPLE WITH FRESCOES DISCOVERED IN INNER MONGOLIA, CHINA HERITAGE QUARTERLY, China Heritage Project, The Australian National University. ISSN 1833-8461. No. 7, September 2006
- 900-year-old tombs discovered in N. China region. People's Daily, UPDATED: 13:56, May 04, 2006
|This Inner Mongolia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|