|Genres||Classical crossover, melodic music, adult contemporary, folk, sacred, bolero, mambo, tango|
|Labels||Sony, Syco, Columbia|
Il Divo (Italian pronunciation: [il ˈdiːvo]) is a multinational classical crossover vocal group. The male quartet originated in the United Kingdom in December 2003, bringing together singers Urs Buhler (Switzerland), Carlos Marin (Spain), David Miller (USA), and Sébastien Izambard (France).
As of 2015, the group has released nine albums: Il Divo (2004), Ancora (2005), Siempre (2006), The Promise (2008), Wicked Game (2011), A Musical Affair (2013) and Amor & Pasión (2015); a compilation album The Greatest Hits (2012); special Christmas songs album The Christmas Collection (2005). Two other albums -- An Evening with Il Divo: Live in Barcelona (2009) and Live in Japan (2014) -- presented recordings of live concerts. Additionally, they have collaborated with other artists.
Since its inception, Il Divo has enjoyed success worldwide, selling well over 30 million copies of its albums worldwide. With 160 certified gold and platinum hits in 35 different countries, it pioneered the genre of operatic pop, or "popera", in classical crossover music.
Il Divo became an international musical sensation after they became the first classical crossover group in history to reach the top of the Billboard 200 (USA) list in 2005. At the same time, the group positioned itself at the top of the Adult Contemporary list.
With The Promise in 2008, they again broke the album sales records.
With their first four albums, Il Divo reached the "top 50" positions in the album charts in America, Europe, Canada and [South?] America.
With the release of Siempre in 2006, the quartet charted one of the best-selling music albums of all time, with 5 million copies in just one year.
Il Divo's live concerts have succeeded in selling over 2 million concert tickets worldwide just from their first four albums. In their first world tour, concerts in 69 cities in 18 countries were sold out.
The group was created and promoted by music producer Simon Cowell for the label Syco Music (a subsidiary of Sony Music). Although it is unclear how the group's name came about, "Il Divo" is translated from Italian as "divine performer."
The quartet's strength is its remarkable ability to blend operatically-trained vocals and classical music with themes from pop, bolero, folk, tango, sacred and Latin music. Their musical mastery found its footing in emblematic songs rewritten specifically for Il Divo. Their debut, "Regresa a Mi," is just one example.
- 1 Members
- 2 Musical career
- 3 Artistic
- 4 Other activities
- 5 Discography
- 6 Videography
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
- 10 External links
Il Divo comprises four singers, three of whom are classically trained, from four different countries: German-born Spanish baritone Carlos Marín (b. 1968), two trained classic tenors Swiss Urs Bühler (b. 1971) and American David Miller, (b. 1973), and French pop singer-songwriter Sébastien Izambard (b. 1973).
Conception and name
The idea behind Il Divo came when Simon Cowell, inspired after listening to the Three Tenors, decided to form a multinational quartet of talented young singers to recreate the quality of Luciano Pavarotti, Jose Carreras and Placido Domingo. Cowell conducted a worldwide search for young singers who were willing to embark on the project, a search that lasted two years, from January 21, 2001, until December 16, 2003, when the fourth member, American tenor David Miller, was signed. Prior to Il Divo, Miller and his European counterparts Spanish baritone, Carlos Marín, Swiss tenor Urs Bühler and French pop singer, Sébastien Izambard were each enjoying moderate success in their own right.
The group's name is Italian for "divine performer", a name that represents the unity of their voices.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
First decade: 2004 - 2014
The first album "Il Divo", was recorded in February 2004 in Sweden, with the Quiz & Larossi, Per Magnusson and David Kreuger producers, and in Rockstone Studios in the UK with producer Steve Mac, with record Syco Music. The album was released on 1 November 2004 in just three countries; UK, Norway and Ireland. In the first weeks he had already achieved double platinum in Norway and Ireland and the UK reached a historical fact as "Regresa a mí" was the first song sung in Spanish which reached No.1 on the British country. The 19 April 2005 was released in the United States, Spain and elsewhere.
In December 2004, as their debut to society and to promote their first studio material, they offered their first concert at Gotham Hall in New York, representing five songs from the album live. It quoted concert was released as the first DVD of the group, entitled "Live At Gotham Hall".
Il Divo was launched in fall 2004 with the single "Regresa a mí", debuting with the first album of the same name. They filmed the music video of the song in Slovenia. The video, which is fictionalized, show the members leaving their various occupations and previous lives to become one group.
On 23 May 2005, they released the DVD "Mama", which contains the second official video of the song "Mama" recorded in the city of Tropea, Italy, with exclusive footage of the making of the video, a live recording of Mama, live in New York, along with a photo gallery.
The 24 January 2006, Sony BMG released the DVD "Encore"; a concert at the Roman Theatre in Mérida, Spain, recorded on 7 October 2005, a documentary containing interviews with the artists and images of casting made to form the group.;
On 7 November 2005 Il Divo launches in Europe its second studio album entitled "Ancora". In the United States and Latin America it was released on 24 January 2006. It debuted at number one on Billboard 200 in its first week of release in the United States.
On 9 June 2006, Il Divo performed the 2006 FIFA World Cup official song, "The Time of Our Lives", with R&B singer Toni Braxton live, at half-time, during the opening match between Germany and Costa Rica and again a month later at 9 July closing ceremony. The song is available exclusively on the Voices from the FIFA World Cup compilation album and on the European reissue of Braxton's album Libra but not on any Il Divo album.
Late in 2006, they released yet another DVD Live at the Greek theatre, a recording of their concert in Griffith park, Los Angeles directed by Lawrence Johnson </http://www.amazon.com/Il-Divo-Live-at-Greek/dp/B000JCEU50/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1464753642&sr=1-1&keywords=il+divo+live+at+the+greek>
Il Divo have been on several world tours and have received 50 gold and platinum awards. Their last tour in 2014 covered five continents and over 33 countries. Having just completed a six-month tour of America, Australia, and Europe, Il Divo then participated in all 20 concerts by Barbra Streisand in her North American tour as her special guests. Streisand: The Tour with Il Divo was ranked second for all tours during 2006, generating $92.5 million in gross sales. They also accompanied her in her Europe concerts.
Since it went on sale "Ancora", the group has been almost half of their time at the top of the best sellers within the borders of Europe getting ratify the success already achieved with their first self-titled album. No one can achieve the quartet at No.1 place. Throughout the Christmas period in 2006, Il Divo held the top spot in the list of best-selling albums.
The massive success and consecration
The 27 November 2006 published his third studio album, recorded during the previous world tour, which titled "Siempre" with Steve Mac, Per Magnusson and David Kreuger in production.
The 16 January 2007 Il Divo started the tour to promote his fourth album Siempre in Asia, Australia and then passing first by touring Latin America Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Argentina and Venezuela in seven concerts that were a resounding success. On 7 November 2006 the public was first compilation Il Divo Collezione. A box with three CDs and a DVD that includes three studio albums: Il Divo, Ancora to which is added the song "The Time of Our Lives" and The Christmas Collection DVD and Encore along with a 20-page booklet with rare photos and a poster of each member of the quartet signed and dedicated to their fanes.
The 21st November 2006 "Live At the Greek Theater" DVD containing the live concert held on 22 June 2006 at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, California, as part of his world tour 2006. This recording captures all the songs that have established the group's popularity and an unedited version of the iconic song "Somewhere".
Il Divo became the most successful international group in recent years in the history of classical crossover music, selling over 20 million records in just the first five years of the group. Conquering fanes and lists of all countries of the world. The quartet won over 150 gold and platinum discs in 33 countries in their first four albums and achieved 50 positions # 1 on the album charts worldwide, including the #1 US debut of "Ancora", the only classical crossover album has entered history at number #1 on the Billboard 200. In his first album, the debut album by a British group, entered the top lists of the United States and with the album "'The Promise" broke the American record sales in the first week.
Il Divo also began performing on stages around the world with great success; They sold more than two million tickets in the concerts of their first four albums. In his first world tour they sold out, reaching 69 cities in 18 countries and this was followed by a more extensive tour in 2007 in which the group received standing ovations continuously in 30 countries.
On 11 November 2008, he was released the group's fourth album under the label of "The Promise" produced by Steve Mac. The presentation of the album was held at the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya on 30 October, where Il Divo performed at the end of dinner five songs from the new album accompanied by an orchestra of 50 musicians.
The 8 November 2008 published the DVD At the Coliseum. Il Divo concert at the Roman Colosseum in Pula, Croatia, which includes a 30-minute interview in depth titled "The Promise, Il Divo in conversation".
The 12 December 2008, Il Divo performed at the final of Idol 2008 in the Stockholm Globe Arena. The 20 January 2009 they performed at Purple Heart Inauguration Ball in Washington DC for President of the United States Barack Obama. His tour "An Evening with Il Divo" spanned the world's largest tour in 2009, visiting six continents, with more than 130 dates, covering 81 cities and 31 countries. This earned them the Billboard Breakthrough Award for being the highest grossing tour of the year.
The 1 December 2009 the first live album of Il Divo is public, a set of CD + DVD recorded at the Palau Sant Jordi concert An Evening with Il Divo: Live in Barcelona. The DVD + CD includes two new songs in the repertoire of Il Divo "Bridge Over Trouble Water", the classic Simon & Garfunkel, and "The Impossible Dream" from the Broadway musical Man of La Mancha. The live album is a journey through the songs of their first five studio albums that debuted at No.1 in nine countries, including Spain, and sold over three million copies in just two months, 500,000 of them in UK establishing be a concert tour and reference for the group.
They closed 2009 with his first Christmas special intimate show entitled Celebrate Christmas with Il Divo, which included a traditional repertoire of favorite songs of the holiday season with an orchestra and special guests in the United Kingdom, USA and Canada.
They started with two concerts at the Hammersmith Apollo in London on 7 and 8 December with guest artists; violinist Vanessa-Mae and Camilla Kerslake, ending in the United States offering six more concerts.
The 19 October 2010, Sony Music released the DVD The Yule Log: The Christmas Collection containing a choice of three moving nativity scenes with Il Divo, after Celebrate Christmas with Il Divo tour.
Artist of the Decade
The 11 May 2011, were invited to the Classic Brit Awards at the Royal Albert Hall in London to receive the award for "Artist of the Decade". The award recognizes the massive impact the operatic group has had in the classical genre, selling over 25 million albums, from 2004 to 2011, worldwide.
The 8 November 2011, published the fifth album Wicked Game, three years after the release of their previous album. The album was produced by Per Magnusson and David Kreuger with the additional collaboration of Richard "Biff" Stannard. The tour to promote the album Wicked Game throughout the entire 2012, led them to visit more than 130 cities in countries like Britain, Spain, South Africa, Australia, United States, Japan, Mexico and London. The creative director of the concerts the tour was Biran Burke, head of the most important shows of the city of Las Vegas. During the concerts, Il Divo was accompanied by the orchestra in each city in which he acted. During the direct of the tour, the song "Senza Parole" was interpreted with a new different from that published in the studio album version as Sébastien sang the chorus, adding extra song's original lyrics: "(..) senza one lacrima, vedrai vedrai (fa male ma che vedrai passerà) capirai (one giorno che anche your t'innamorerai) (..)".
The 20 December 2011, in Paraguay, the quartet performed the concert with more capacity of people who had never been in the Defensores del Chaco stadium for 33,900 people, closing the Bicentennial of the Independence of Paraguay. The 13 May 2012 Il Divo performed the song "Caruso" during the Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II at Windsor for the entire royal family and Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom. The 27 July 2012, Il Divo performed at the official closing ceremony of the route of the Olympic torch in 2012 on his arrival at the Olympic Stadium in London in the 2012 Summer Olympics.
The DVD "Live in London", published in mid-2011. A 90-minute DVD Il Divo concert at the London Coliseum with extras in a documentary recording "Wicked Game" in their promotional tours in rehearsals for the concert and evening of the show, recorded in the Coliseum Theatre in London on 2 August 2011.
"Il Divo & Orchestra in Concert World Tour" was a worldwide tour of the six continents between May and September 2012. In each concert on the tour was featured selections of songs from the album "Wicked Game", and other topics of his previous albums chosen by his followers/as. The show was designed by creative director Brian Burke, who says that "Il Divo is the perfect modern fusion of opera, theater and concert. It is a privilege as a director to create a visual landscape inviting the audience on a theatrical journey of their music", along with producer AEG Live.
On 6 September 2012, it was announced that Il Divo would release a "The Greatest Hits" album. The album was produced by Alberto Quintero and featured songs spanning Il Divo's successful eight-year career to date, as well as four new songs including My Heart Will Go On, I Will Always Love You, Can't Help Falling in Love and Alone.
Il Divo in Broadway
The 5 November 2013 goes on sale the sixthsixth album A Musical Affair that shows the distinctive and romantic and emotional interpretation of classical music Il Divo. Songs with new arrangements tailored to their distinguished voices. To present the album, they made a series of six unique concerts at the Marquis Theatre on Broadway from 7 to 13 November 2013, called Il Divo - A Musical Affair: The Greatest Songs of Broadway.
The world tour began in Japan in February 2014 and traveled around the world, culminating on 1 November 2014 at The O2 Arena in Greenwich, London. As part of his tour, the 19 July 2014, Il Divo hung the sign sold out in the iconic Edinburgh Castle, in the event that moved the audience after playing the hymn "Amazing Grace".
The 24 November 2014 a special edition of the sixth album A Musical Affair. French version with new songs with French singers, partially or fully interpreted in French. The 1 December 2014, second album is public quartet live, a set of CD + DVD of the concert Live in Japan, which contains a show tour "A Musical Affair" filmed at the Nippon Budokan Theater in Tokyo 11 March 2014. The Japanese version includes the songs "Will Flowers Bloom" and "Furusato".
Today: 2015 - Present
In 2014, on the 10th anniversary of the publication of his first album they had sold over 28 million albums worldwide, achieving more than 50 number one sales and receiving 160 gold records and platinum in over 33 countries different.
On 23 March 2015, it was announced that Il Divo was the winner of the 2015 Silver Clef Award, giving them the coveted Classic PPL Nordoff Robbins Classical Award. The gala award ceremony took place on 3 July at the Grosvenor House, a five-star hotel in London.
Reinventing Il Divo
During the first decade of the group, in its first six studio albums published until 2014 ("Il Divo", "Ancora", "Siempre", "The Promise", "Wicked Game" and "A Musical Affair") Il Divo had interpreted lyrical and classical music genre fused with pop, ballads, church music, folk music or the musical genre songs. But the genre of bolero has never been done by them. Therefore their seventh studio album will consist of mainly this genre.
Through Syco Music, the November 6, 2015 in Europa, November 27 in America and October 25 in Japan, is released seventh studio album "Amor & Pasión" (love and passion), entirely produced by Colombian Julio Reyes Copello, of work spanning a century of traditional tangos, smouldering boleros and classic mambas. The flavours and sultry rhythms of Spain and Cuba, Argentina and Mexico give a nod to the quartet’s beginnings. Previously, in July 2015, they initiated the photographic campaign for his eighth album and recording a new video on the streets of the town of Tepoztlan in Mexico, under the production of CTT Exp & Rentals.
To promote the album, a month before its release, the song "Por una cabeza" is heard on the radio around the world, as in the BBC Radio 2 English. On October 21, Il Divo performed the first public appearance to promote the sixth album in the program Despierta America, the US network Univision, from Miami, playing his first single "Si Voy A Perderte (Don't Wanna Lose You)". Then, they continue their advocacy for land in Japan, performing the song "Bésame mucho". They started the month of November in London, where the 2nd acted Music Industry Trusts Award.
With its publication, the album Love & passion debuts in the first week at No. 1 on the Latin Albums Chart list, with 5 thousand copies sold in America in the first week, according to the magazine Billboard. In Spain, debuted in first week of release, in the tenth position Spanish sales of Top 100 Álbumes.
- On 12 December 2008, Il Divo performed their new song at the Swedish Idol 2008 finale in the Globen Arena in Stockholm.
- The 20 January 2009 they performed at The Purple Inauguration Ball in Washington DC for President of the United States Barack Obama.
- The Paraguay show was Il Divo's biggest capacity performance to date and took place on 20 December 2011, at the Defensores del Chaco Stadium in Asuncion, for 33,900 people.
- The 13 May 2012 Il Divo performed the song Caruso with a staging of riding the rhythm of the song during the Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II at Windsor for the entire royal family and Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom.
- The 27 July 2012, Il Divo performed at the official closing ceremony of the route of the Olympic torch in 2012 on his arrival at the Olympic Stadium in London in the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- On 19 July 2014, Il Divo performed before a capacity crowd at Edinburgh Castle esplanade where a pop festival took place ahead of the 2014 Commonwealth Games. The group performed Amazing Grace.
- On 5 July 2015, while recording its eighth album Latin boleros, Il Divo sang in the Astana Concert Hall to give a concert in Astana, Kazakhstan, in honor of the 17th anniversary of the Day of Capital. After the concert, they initiated the photographic campaign for his eighth album and recording a new video on the streets of the town of Tepoztlan in Mexico.
- In 2005, they performed a duet English-French with Canadian Celine Dion titled "I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)".
- In 2009, they performed the song "Sortilegio de amor" for soundtrack of the telenovela entitled Sortilegio written by Brazilian singer Denisse de Kalafe, theme for which they were nominated and subsequently winners of Mexico TvyNovelas Awards for Best Musical Theme for the song "Sortilegio".
- In 2013 they recorded a duet with British singer Engelbert Humperdick entitled "Spanish Eyes", produced by Alberto Quintero, included in the Engelbert Calling album released 30 September 2014. The song was written by the German composer Bert Kaempfert originally as "Moon Over Naples".
- In 2015 Il Divo recorded a duet with Mexican singer Juan Gabriel entitled "Amor Eterno" (Eternal Love), one of the songs of the singer emblem. The recording material is included on the disk Los Dúos. The disc deluxe edition is accompanied by a DVD with images of Il Divo during recording.
- In December 2015, the version of the "Himno de la alegría (Ode to Joy)", played by Il Divo, is chosen to be the main theme of the soundtrack of the 2016 Japanese film Everest.
- 2004: Il Divo Tour
- 2005: Streisand The Tour
- 2005: Il Divo Tour, Ancora 
- 2006: Il Divo World Tour
- 2008: Il Divo Global Tour 
- 2008: An Evening with Il Divo - World Tour
- 2009: Celebrate Christmas with Il Divo
- 2011: Il Divo Tour, Wicked Game
- 2013: Il Divo & Orchestra in Concert - World Tour
- 2013: A Musical Affair en el Teatro Marquis de Broadway
- 2014: A Musical Affair Tour
- 2014: The Best of Il Divo - World Tour
- 2016: Amor & Pasión Tour
The vocal tone and voice tessitura of each component of Il Divo is different and is subordinated to the independent paths in the world of opera, the classical crossover musical training, the voice formed and physiology of each.
David and Urs are tenors, along with the baritone Carlos, they have long careers in the world of opera and classical music start from early vocal training. In contrast, Sébastien has not had any prior professional musical training (was self-taught), and is a tenor voice which the group classes as vox populi due to his pop tone.
- Urs, Tenor, most likely a Heldentenor. As its name implies, the heldentenor vocal fach features in the German romantic operatic repertoire. The heldentenor is the German equivalent of the tenore drammatico, however with a more baritonal quality. Therefore, the heldentenor voice might or might not have facility up to high B or C. The repertoire, however, rarely calls for such high notes.[better source needed] This seems to be evident in Il Divo's repertoire: the extent of his range evident in Il Divo's recordings shows he can sing from G2 up to C5. [Urs is in no way a Heldentenor. A Heldentenor has a power and stamina not present in the lyric tenor, and does not reflect vocal range in any way. Urs is most definitely a lyric tenor - and a beautiful one at that.]
- Sébastien, popular melody or voix populi to a loud, so it has a tenor tessitura phonic. The tessitura of this voice type will be typical of a common tenor, albeit with a lighter tone sans operatic training. Sébastien's voice is distinguished by its clear and bright timbre, the pectoral resonance and firmness in voice projection. The extent of his range evident in Il Divo's recordings shows he can sing from G2 up to B4.
- Carlos, Verdi baritone. Incorporating the deep tones that a bass has, while having an upper range approaching that of a tenor, Carlos' voice type is high even for a usual baritone. A Verdi baritone refers to a voice capable of singing consistently and with ease in the highest part of the baritone range, up to A4, sometimes even up to the B♭4.[better source needed] The extent of his range evident in Il Divo's recordings shows he can sing from G♭2 up to B♭4. The *unofficial* sheet music for their first album claims he sings down to a D2, however this is atypical of a baritone. Most basses would not even be required to sing such notes.
- David, lyric tenor. The lyric tenor is a warm graceful voice with a bright, full timbre that is strong but not heavy and can be heard over an orchestra. Lyric tenors have a range from approximately the C one octave below middle C (C3) to the D one octave above middle C (D5).[better source needed] The extent of his range evident in Il Divo's recordings shows he can sing from C3 up to E5. A very quick, falsettoed F5 can be heard on their first album in the song Hoy Que Ya No Estas Aqui.
Besides music, the members of Il Divo are also known for their flawless, refined and elegant appearance, wearing almost exclusively suits by Giorgio Armani;Giorgio Armani, Emporio Armani and Armani Collezioni, and costumes and accessories: William Hunt, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Tom Ford and Gucci.
Il Divo is a powerful and fascinating presence, in these years have been a great inspiration for me. I remember the first time I saw them performing live: I was impressed by their elegance and their fascinating way to communicate emotions through his music orig.— Giorgio Armani
— Carlos Marín
Creating Il Divo created a revolution within the pure genre of opera because their musical combination of opera singing and classical music (opera), with themes of different genres, including Latin, folk, ballads, church music, bolero and pop. But his lyrical voices kept playing emblematic songs, it is not synonymous with opera, nor pop. There is talk of an intermediate term, but not of a merger between the two, since such lines that can not be merged, as David describes himself:
Pop is here, the opera is there and we (Il Divo) are in the middle.— David Miller
We do not intend to opera, but a pop operatic overtones.— Sébastien Izambard
Ours is romantic music.— Carlos Marín
So we talk about a new invention of musical style, hand own quartet, called Opera-Pop o Pópera, classified in the genre of contemporary music-
The quartet records their songs in several different languages Spanish ("Regresa A Mi", "Hasta Mi Final", "La Vida Sin Amor"), English ("Mama", "Amazing Grace", "Don't Cry For Me Argentina"), Italian ("Senza Parole", "Passera", "Notte Di Luce"), French ("Pour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore," "Le Temps des Cathedrale"), one in Latin ("Panis Angelicus") and a few in Portuguese("Volta Pra Mi") and Japanese ("Furusato"). Some songs incorporate more than one language in the same song: "The Man You Love" (Spanish & English), "Ave Maria" (Italian & Latin), "I Believe In You" (English & French) are recorded this way; whereas others are recorded in a single language, but sung live in two languages: "She" (Italian & English) and "Bring Him Home" (English & Spanish).
Most of the songs that they cover are reinterpreted from English and translated into the Spanish language, as they themselves say that "Spanish is the language of Romanticism".
On 25 April 2007, Il Divo performed on American Idol in one of the "Idol Gives Back" episodes, which raised money for children in the U.S. and Africa. For every vote cast during that show, Idol sponsors Coca-Cola, AT&T, and others donated money to Charity Projects Entertainment Fund (CPEF) and other groups such as Save the Children and America's Second Harvest.
Il Divo is related indirectly in terms of sponsorship and help with the French NGO SMTA Assistance Médicale Toit du Monde since 2005, of which Sébastien is the international official sponsor, and with Sanfilippo Children's Foundation in which Sébastien's global ambassador.
20–30 September 2015, David Miller and Urs Buhler road on motorbikes all in the name of charity. We are planning to ride across America on a 2800-mile journey from Miami to LA to raise funds for the brilliant Nordoff Robbins music therapy charity.
- Studio album:
- 2004 - Il Divo
- 2005 - Ancora
- 2006 - Siempre
- 2008 - The Promise
- 2011 - Wicked Game
- 2013 - A Musical Affair
- 2015 - Amor & Pasión
- Caplan, David (23 October 2008). "FIRST LISTEN: Il Divo Sings 'Hallelujah'". People. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "Il Divo Takes "IL DIVO - A MUSICAL AFFAIR: THE GREATEST SONGS OF BROADWAY LIVE" On The Road". MarketWatch. PR Newswire. 11 November 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "Il Divo nombrado -Artista de la Década-". classicfm.com. 2011.
- "Il Divo crowned Silver Clef winners". 23 March 2015.
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Para cuatro jóvenes ha sido un viaje increíble.".
- "Il Divo en el Libro Guinness de los récords". 2006.
- "Discos más vendidos de 2006".
- hola.com (ed.). "Il Divo se integra con el barítono español Carlos; el tenor americano David; el cantautor francés Sébastien; y el ex rockero suizo Urs.".
- Mansey, Kate (6 May 2005). "Auditioned for opera-style band Il Divo but was not selected.". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- música.com, ed. (2015). "Desde Reino Unido llega un nuevo grupo musical. Que mezcla la música lírica con el pop." (in Spanish).
- www.larazon.es (ed.). "Il Divo: Divinos y humanos".
- www.lasnoticiasmexico.com (ed.). "El grupo internacional Il Divo anunció hoy en Ciudad de México su primera gira de conciertos 2006, en la que visitará Estados Unidos, Europa, Latinoamérica y parte de Asia.".
- todomusica.org (ed.). "Il Divo también canta en Japonés, se atreve a versionar la famosa canción japonesa "Furusato"".
- todomusica.org (ed.). "Biografía de Il Divo".
- artistdirect.com (ed.). "Videoclip - Mamá".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "IL Divo - Encore. Teatro Romano de Mérida in Spain".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "The Christmas Collection of Il Divo".
- everythingzoomer.com (ed.). "Top of the Pops: Il Divo".
-  Archived 20 February 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- FIONA: DIVO - Mirror.co.uk
- los40.com (ed.). "Il Divo no se inmuta y continúa en el nº1 de superventas".
- los40.com (ed.). "Il Divo recupera esta semana el primer puesto de la lista de álbumes que ostentó durante todo el periodo navideño".
- filmtvzone.com, ed. (2006). "Il Divo. Cuatro estrellas registradas en el Libro Guinness de los Récords".
- conciertos10.com (ed.). "Precioso repertorio de Canciones interpretadas por Il Divo en Vivo, todo un concierto 5 estrellas".
- los40.com (ed.). "Il Divo iniciará la gira europea de 'Siempre' el 28 de abril en Valencia".
- hola.com (ed.). "Sébastien Izambard, el más atractivo de 'Il Divo' según los internautas de hola.com".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Live at the Greek Theater".
- todomusicales.com, ed. (11 November 2008). "Il Divo seduce en el estreno mundial de The promise en Barcelona".
- www.ildivo.com, ed. (8 November 2008). "Il Divo At The Coliseum".
- expressen.se (ed.). "Il Divo gästar idolfinalen".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Il Divo actúa en la 'Purple Inauguration Ball' para el presidente de los Estados Unidos".
- sony.com (ed.). "Il DIvo Announce North American Leg of the Classical Crossover Quartet's 2012 World Tour".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "An Evening with Il Divo: Live in Barcelona".
- todomusicales.com (ed.). "Il Divo pública 'Il Divo en Barcelona' nuevo Cd + Dvd grabado en el Palau Sant Jordi".
- todomusicales.com, ed. (2009). "Celebrate Christmas With Il Divo".
- www.ildivo.com, ed. (2006). "Christmas Collection. The Yule Log".
- abc.com.py (ed.). "Il Divo celebró en concierto el Bicentenario del Paraguay".
- ubileoreinaisabel.hola.com (ed.). "Windsor celebra el Jubileo de Diamante de forma espectacular co Il Divo".
- mirror.co.uk (ed.). "London Olympics 2012: Gordon Brown promises greatest rock concert ever".
- dailymail.co.uk (ed.). "Il Divo: 'We're so big, we tell Simon Cowell what to do'".
- myplaydirect.com (ed.). "Live At The London Coliseum".
- "The Greatest Hits - Deluxe Limited Edition | The Official Il Divo Site". Ildivo.com. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Il Divo: traer un espectáculo a un teatro de Broadway en Nueva York será una experiencia única".
- primacia.org (ed.). "Il Divo, nuevo disco y gira 'A Musical Affair'".
- apmusicales.com (ed.). "Festivales de verano: Il Divo en Edinburgh Castle".
- elmundo.esl (ed.). "Il Divo acerca Broadway a Madrid".
- .music-news.co, ed. (23 March 2015). "Il Divo crowned Silver Clef winners".
- wordpress.com (ed.). "IL Divo possible new álbum theme for 2015".
- http://www.ildivo.com/, ed. (24 September 2015). "Over the past few months, Carlos, Urs, David and Seb have been in the studio working on their latest album Amor & Pasión.".
- cttrentals.com (ed.). "Il Divo acaba de filmar un videoclip en México, y lo ha hecho de la mejor manera: en un paraje inigualable como la ciudad de Tepoztlan y con equipo de CTT Exp & Rentals".
- ildivo4ever.net, ed. (October 21, 2015). "Listen here to 'Por Una Cabeza' from Il Divo's new album Amor y Pasion from BBC Radio 2!".
- ildivo4ever.net, ed. (October 21, 2015). "Il Divo where as guests at Despierta America to talk about their new album Amor y Passion and to sing one of their new songs from that album. The song is called Si Voy A Perderte.".
- sonymusic.co.jp, ed. (October 30, 2015). "IL DIVOが「アモール＆パシオン」（10/28発売）のプロモーションのため来日します！" (in Japanese).
- bbc.com, ed. (November 2, 2015). "Simon Cowell presented with music industry award".
- billboard.com, ed. (December 10, 2015). "Il Divo's 'Amor & Pasion' Debuts at No. 1 on Latin Albums Chart" (in Spanish).
- elportaldemusica.es, ed. (December 10, 2015). "En España Il Divo debuta en la primera semana del lanzamiento del álbum Amor & Pasión en el décimo puesto de ventas de la lista española Top 100 Álbumes" (in Spanish).
- Parkström, Sara (9 December 2008). "Il Divo gästar idolfinalen". Expressen (in Swedish). Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- www.ildivo.com, ed. (2009). "Il Divo actúa en la 'Purple Inauguration Ball' para el presidente de los Estados Unidos".
- Branco, Marlene Aponte (21 December 2011). "Polca, guarania y ópera en una cálida noche de festejo patrio". Diario ABC Color (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Coronel, Jorge (21 December 2011). "Il Divo celebró en concierto el Bicentenario del Paraguay". Diario ABC Color (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- hola.com (ed.). "Windsor celebra el Jubileo de Diamante de forma espectacula".
- "Reseña concierto de IL DIVO en Kazajistan".
- "Il Divo acaba de filmar un videoclip en México, y lo ha hecho de la mejor manera: en un paraje inigualable como la ciudad de Tepoztlan y con equipo de CTT Exp & Rentals.".
- vyespectaculos.com, ed. (2011). "Il Divo nominados a los Premios TvYNovelas 2010".
- noise11.com (ed.). "The Engelbert Humperdinck 2014 duets album has a new star act. Il Divo have re-recorded Engelbert's classic 'Spanish Eyes' with the legendary singer.".
- amazon.com (ed.). "Engelbert Calling (Deluxe Edition)".
- "Los 18 duetos en la nueva producción de Juan Gabriel. Su material discográfico número 40 es uno de los más ambiciosos de su carrera". 2015-01-11.
- "Los dúo le ha significado muchas felicidades al cantante no sólo por haber vuelto a grabar sus éxitos con nuevos arreglos, sino por haberlos cantado acompañado de grandes figuras de la música contemporánea". 20 July 2015.
- "Il Divo sang in the Astana Concert Hall to give a concert in Astana, Kazakhstan, in honor of the 17th anniversary of the Day of Capital.".
- everest-movie.jp, ed. (December 2015). "Konichiwa Japan, some great news! Il Divo are thrilled to announce that the track 'Ode to Joy' will be the theme song for the upcoming movie 'Everest'!" (in Japanese).
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "For four young men it has been an incredible journey".
- billboard.com (ed.). "Streisand Taking Il Divo On Fall Tour".
- hola.com (ed.). "Il Divo: 'Ha habido sus más y sus menos, pero ahora somos como hermanos'".
- eventfinda.co.nz (ed.). "Il Divo were initially brought together by pop impresario Simon Cowell in 2004, following an extensive worldwide audition process. The virtuoso blending of operatic technique with romantic and popular song took the world by storm, with sales of over 22 million. Their first three albums, 'Il Divo', 'Ancora' and 'Siempre' scored 36 number 1 chart positions across 26 countries. But success was hard earned.".
- metroradioarena.co.uk (ed.). "Fresh from the staggering global success of two number 1 albums and a sell-out world tour, Il Divo today announce that they are coming back to the UK, where it all began for them, for their eagerly anticipated second UK tour as part of their World Tour 2007. The operatic supergroup, whose third album, Siempre, hits the shelves on 27 November, will perform at major UK arenas in May 2007, including the Metro Radio Arena on Saturday 19th May 2007.".
- todayszaman.com (ed.). "Il Divo back with 'The Promise'".
- allmusic.com s (ed.). "A live performance available as either a BluRay or a DVD/CD set, Live in Barcelona captures Il Divo's 3 April 2009, performance at Palau Sant Jordi. The video portions contain the complete 24-track performance; the CD is a truncated ten-cut sampler, designed as a bonus rather than the main attraction. That main attraction is the extravaganza captured on video, where the operatic quartet runs through all manners of pop standards -- "Bridge Over Troubled Water," "Unbreak My Heart," "Nights in White Satin," "The Winner Takes It All," "My Way," "The Impossible Dream" -- sometimes translating the lyrics out of English so they feel more like opera. Naturally, this live set won't convince doubters, but those who have loved any of the group's five studio albums will find this a satisfying spectacle".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Celebrate Christmas with Il Divo".
- sony.comtitle (ed.). "The world's foremost classical crossover quartet IL DIVO announce the initial United States and Canadian concert dates on the group's massive 2012 world tour, slated to cross six continents in the upcoming year. The IL DIVO 2012 world tour, the group's fourth, follows the release of the quartet's latest album, Wicked Game (on Syco/Columbia Records) and provides a new mark of achievement for the signature vocal blend and unique operatic arrangements which have captivated millions and launched a classical-crossover sensation.".
- www.ildivo.comtitle (ed.). "Il Divo & Orchestra in Concert Tour Mundial".
- primacia.orgtitle (ed.). "Il Divo, el grupo de crossover clásico que ha roto records de ventas con más de 26 millones de discos vendidos en todo el mundo, ha lanzado su 6 º álbum de estudio "A Musical Affair" por Syco / Columbia Records en 5 de noviembre. El lanzamiento del álbum han elevado las cortinas en una temporada limitada de espectáculos en Broadway en el teatro Marquis, con Heather Headley como invitada especial".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Il Divo's finale show of the Japan tour at the Budokan tomorrow will be broadcast nationally live at 7pm (Japan Time) on WOWOW TV. March 11th marks the 3rd year since the Great Eastern Earthquake and the ongoing recovery efforts. WOWOW have hence arranged free viewing events at the 4 theatres in the Tohoku/NorthEast area (aired live from Budokan).".
- onmilwaukee.com (ed.). "Ten minutes with Il Divo singer Sebastien Izambard".
- "Tenor". Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. 2016-06-19.
- aopinion.com, ed. (18 July 2012). "Il Divo: magia de la ópera pop".
- "Il Divo simplemente no puede ir informal".
- "Il Divo viste de Gucci".
- "Giorgio Armani y Il Divo colaboran para 'The Promise'".
- "Soy un toro español". Costa Rica. 18 September 2012.
- ""Il Divo" no es ópera". Infobae. 19 October 2012. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Il Divo: magia de la ópera pop". La Opinión. 18 July 2012. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- ""Il Divo" no es ópera".
- "Il Divo "Cantamos bien y además somos guapos"".
- todomusica.org, ed. (2012). "Il Divo arrived in Japan over the weekend, to embark on their biggest tour of the country to date".
- todomusica.org, ed. (2006). "Biografía de Il Divo" (in Spanish).
- abc.es, ed. (21 October 2008). "El español es el idioma del romanticismo para el cuarteto de ópera pop Il Divo" (in Spanish).
- EBSCO Publishing Service Selection Page
- savethechildren.org.uk (ed.). "The world's foremost classical crossover group Il Divo have recorded their own online version of the classic Christmas song We Wish You a Merry Christmas in order to help Halifax raise £100K for Save the Children. And the singing stars are encouraging other internet users to record their own versions of the song on a new Halifax online application.".
- http://radiotoday.com.au/ (ed.). "Hope for Isla and Jude, initated and produced by Sébastien Izambard from Il Divo, will see the Kate Bush classic This Woman's Work released to radio Tuesday. The track includes vocals from Darren Hayes, Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Pete Murray, Ella Hooper, Diesel, David Campbell, Alex Lloyd, Christine Anu, Luke Steele, Katy Steele, Casey Donovan, Damien Leith, Marlisa, Nathaniel, The Australian Children's Choir & special guest performance from (Red Hot Chili Peppers) Flea (playing Bass)".
- dailytelegraph.com.au (ed.). "Il Divo singer Sebastian Izambard's fight to save Sanfilippo kids through Hope for Isla and Jude charity song".
- everydayhero.com, ed. (19 September 2015). "Fundraise for Nordoff Robbins".
- Allegra Rossi, Romancing The World, Hardback 128 pages, 10 November 2005, Orion publishers (ISBN 978-0-7528-7519-4)
- Il Divo, Our Music, Our Journey, Our Words, Paperback 192 pages, 6 September 2007, Headline Book Publishing (ISBN 978-0-7553-1657-1)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Il Divo.|