The theatre marquee, box office and entrance on the 46th Street side of the New York Marriott Marquis hotel
210 W. 46th Street|
New York City
|Owner||New York Marriott Marquis|
|Opened||July 9, 1986|
The Marquis Theatre is a Broadway theatre located at 210 W. 46th Street in midtown-Manhattan. Situated on the third floor of the Marriott Marquis Hotel, the 1611-seat venue was designed by developer/architect John C. Portman, Jr. Because construction of the hotel involved the demolition of five theaters – the original Helen Hayes, the Morosco, the Bijou, and remnants of the Astor and the Gaiety – New York City officials permitted Portman to construct the new property only if he agreed to include a theater within the structure. It presently is one of nine operated by the Nederlander Organization.
The Marquis opened July 9, 1986, with a series of concerts by Shirley Bassey.
- 1993: The Goodbye Girl
- 1994: Damn Yankees
- 1995: Victor/Victoria
- 1998: The Capeman
- 1999: Annie Get Your Gun
- 2002: Thoroughly Modern Millie
- 2004: La Cage aux Folles
- 2005: The Woman in White
- 2006: The Drowsy Chaperone
- 2008: Cry-Baby; White Christmas
- 2009: Soul of Shaolin; 9 to 5; White Christmas
- 2010: Come Fly Away; Donny & Marie - A Broadway Christmas
- 2011: Wonderland: Alice's New Musical Adventure; Follies
- 2012: Evita
- 2013: Jekyll & Hyde; Il Divo – A Musical Affair: The Greatest Songs of Broadway
- 2014: The Illusionists: Witness the Impossible
- 2015: Penn & Teller; On Your Feet!
- 2018: Escape to Margaritaville
Box office record
Evita achieved the box office record for the Marquis Theatre. The production grossed $1,586,902 over eight performances, for the week ending May 10, 2012. 
- Freedman, Samuel G. (1984-11-10). "NEDERLANDER IS OFFERED HOTEL THEATER RIGHTS". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2014-12-26.
- "INDUSTRY INSIGHT: Weekly Grosses Analysis - 5/21; EVITA Breaks Marquis Record". Broadwayworld.com. May 21, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-06.