List of inactive volcanoes in the Philippines
This is a List of inactive volcanoes in the Philippines. Volcanoes with no record of eruptions are considered as extinct or inactive. Their physical form since their last activity has been altered by agents of weathering and erosion with the formation of deep and long gullies. Inactive does not necessarily indicate the volcano will not erupt again. Mount Pinatubo had no recorded historical eruption before its cataclysmic 1991 eruption. Chaiten Volcano in Chile last erupted in 7420 BC ± 75 years before its devastating eruption in May 2008.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) currently lists 355 volcanoes in the Philippines as inactive. The PHIVOLCS listing is the basis of this list, but with additional information, some were reclassified in the active list or the potentially active list. Volcanoes with solfataric or fumarolic activity indicating active magma supply such as Pocdol Mountains, are placed in the List of potentially active volcanoes in the Philippines. This list shows 339 List of inactive volcanoes in the Philippines.
Listed by volcanic region
- Philippine Mobile Belt
- Erupting volcanoes in the Philippines
- List of active volcanoes in the Philippines
- List of potentially active volcanoes in the Philippines
- Types of volcanic eruptions
- Volcanic field
- "PHIVOLCS Volcano Monitoring". Philippines Institute of Volcanology and Seismology. Retrieved on 2013-11-05.
- "List of Inactive Volcanoes". Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Volcanoes of the Philippines.|