Ivan Susanin-class icebreaker
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Russian Coast Guard Project 97P Border Patrol Icebreaker Volga (#183).
|Builders:||Admiralty Yard, Leningrad|
|In commission:||1975-present day|
|Type:||Icebreaker patrol vessel|
|Displacement:||3,400 tons full load|
|Propulsion:||2 shaft diesel electric 4,800 hp|
|Range:||13,000 nm at 9.5 knots|
|Radar: 2 x Don Kay, 1 Strut Curve, 1 Owl Screech|
|Aviation facilities:||helicopter pad|
The Ivan Susanin class is a group of icebreaker Patrol ships operated by the Russian maritime border guard. The Soviet designation is Project 97P. The ships are also known as the Aysberg class patrol ice breakers.
These ships are modified versions of the Dobrynya Nikitich class civilian icebreaker. They are armed with a twin 76mm gun mounting forward and two AK630 CIWS guns aft as well as having a helicopter pad and surveillance radar.
Eight ships were built between 1975 and 1981 by Admiralty yard, Leningrad - 6 are operational and two have been retired.
- Aysberg - 1974 based in the Pacific
- Dunaii - 1977 based in the Pacific
- Imeni XXVI S'yezda KPSS (renamed Murmansk) - 1978, Northern Fleet
- Ivan Susanin - operated by the Russian Navy as a support ship
- Volga - 1980 Pacific
- Vladimir Karvaiyski
- Gardiner, Robert (ed.) (1995). Conway's all the World's Fighting Ships 1947-1995. London: Conway Maritime. ISBN 0-85177-605-1. OCLC 34284130. Also published as Gardiner, Robert; Chumbley, Stephen; Budzbon, Przemysław (1995). Conway's all the World's Fighting Ships 1947-1995. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press. ISBN 1-55750-132-7. OCLC 34267261.
- - page from Hazegray
- - page in Russian language
- (in English) All Ivan Susanin class icebreakers - Complete Ship List
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aysberg class border guard ship.|