JKX Oil & Gas
|Type||Public (LSE: JKX)|
|Headquarters||Cavendish Square, London, England|
|Key people||Lord Fraser of Carmyllie (Chairman of the board), Paul Davies (CEO)|
|Products||Oil and gas exploration and production|
|Revenue||$192.9 million (2010)|
|Operating income||$95.0 million (2010)|
|Profit||$21.2 million (2010)|
JKX Oil & Gas plc (LSE: JKX) is a British-based hydrocarbon exploration and production company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. JKX operates primarily in Russia and Ukraine, but has a presence in six other countries in Europe and North America. In June 2011, VTB Capital plc, a subsidiary of Russian state bank VTB, increased its share in JKX Oil & Gas to 6.4%. The deal makes VTB bank the fourth largest shareholder in the company. Ihor Kolomoyskyi, the co-owner of Privat Group, remains the largest shareholder in JKX with a 27.06% stake.
Ukraine and Russia
The company concentrates principally on projects in Ukraine and Russia. In the former, JKX is the dominant private enterprise in exploration and production, accounting for over three-quarters of all oil and almost half of all gas produced by non-state-owned companies. The firm has licence to operate in several mainly-onshore oil fields in the Poltava region. The company moved into Russia in 2007 with the $50 million purchase of Yuzhgazenergie, which holds the licence to exploit a gas field in the Koshekhablsky District in the south of the country.
Rest of the world
JKX also has investments in six other countries around the world: in Georgia it has a small stake in an exploration firm operated by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation focusing on the Black Sea; while it holds minority interests in several onshore exploration licences in Turkey and eastern Bulgaria.
JKX also holds an interest in an oil field in Shelby County, Texas in the United States, a 50% stake in two exploration licences in northern Hungary and bought into three licences in Slovakia in April 2008.
- Aldrick, Philip (24 May 2003). "The Questor Column: Caution with Georgia in mind". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Preliminary Results 2010". JKX Oil & Gas. Retrieved 2011-04-25.
- "Annual Report 2007". JKX Oil & Gas. Retrieved 2008-03-28.
- "VTB bought 6.4% of JKX Oil and Gas". RBK Ukraine (Kiev). 23 June 2011. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "Investor Presentation". Ascent Resources. Retrieved 2008-09-27.[dead link]
- "Operations: Geographical locations: Ukraine". JKX Oil & Gas. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- Bream, Rebecca (25 July 2007). "JKX unveils move into Russian field". Financial Times. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Operations: Geographical locations: Georgia". JKX Oil & Gas. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Operations: Geographical locations: Turkey". JKX Oil & Gas. Retrieved 2008-06-08.[dead link]
- "Operations: Geographical locations: Bulgaria". JKX Oil & Gas. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Operations: Geographical locations: USA". JKX Oil & Gas. Retrieved 2008-06-08.[dead link]
- "Operations: Geographical locations: Hungary". JKX Oil & Gas. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "JKX Oil & Gas says agrees to acquire stake in 3 exploration licences in Slovakia". AFX News (Forbes). 7 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Operations: Asset portfolio: Reserves". JKX Oil & Gas. Retrieved 2008-06-08.