|Private limited company|
|Industry||Energy-saving, Insulation, Microgeneration, Renewables|
|Founded||1974 (as Mark Insulations)|
|Headquarters||Leicester, England, United Kingdom|
|Lee Cottingham (CEO)
Mark Cottingham (Managing Director)
Number of employees
Mark Group Limited is a UK based energy advice and installation company, who focus upon energy efficiency. They work with homeowners, businesses, housebuilders and the construction industry, local authorities and social housing providers.
Mark Group started in 1974 as a small family-run business, installing cavity wall and loft insulation in Leicestershire, under the name Mark Insulations.
In 2013 Mark Group was recognised as the 'Fastest Growing Business' in the UK's Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 Awards.
Following a change of government policy, it was announced in 2014 that Mark Group were cutting 670 jobs across the UK. Mark Group USA went out of business in December 2014. In February 2015, Mark Group New Zealand was placed in liquidation with staff laid off.
In 2010, Mark Group opened North American headquarters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The opening was announced by Pennsylvania State Governor, Ed Rendell and Philadelphia Mayor, Michael Nutter. Mark Group USA went out of business in December 2014.
In July, 2011, Mark Group announced its acquisition of New Zealand energy saving business, Right House. The business was acquired from electricity generator, Meridian Energy. Through the acquisition, it was stated that all of Right House's employees and operational bases would be retained and Hamish Sisson would remain as chief executive officer. In February 2015, Right House was placed in liquidation with staff given notice.
Mark Group advises on and installs energy-saving products, including: cavity wall and loft insulation, solid wall insulation, solar electric, solar hot water and air source heat pumps. The Mark Group Academy opened in 2007 for the training and development of its installers, at a purpose-built site in Leicester. The 1,000th Academy graduate was congratulated by Minister for Energy and Climate Change, Greg Barker in June 2010.[better source needed]
Energy Saving Partnership
Energy Saving Partnership is a sister company to Mark Group. In 2008, they launched HeatSeekers vechiles, which use thermal imaging to look at heat loss, and identifying areas for better insulation. HeatSeekers works with the agreement of local authorities to image houses and its vehicles can gather up to 1,000 images every hour.
Mark Group has featured on both BBC and ITV providing comment for features which have focussed on energy-efficiency. The BBC's 'Low Carbon Family' broadcast in 2007  where Mark Group helped make the Hawksworth family home in Leicestershire more energy-efficient. In 2010, Mark Group featured on ITV's Tonight Show: ‘Money to Burn’,> looking at how consumers could fight back against the rising cost of energy bills. In June 2011, Mark Group featured in the New York Times; the article focussed on its expansion into the US.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Mark Group sponsors Leicester Tigers RFC’s Community Programme, which encourages young people to get involved in the sport. Mark Group has been supporting The Prince’s Trust since 2008 and in January 2013 became the charity’s first Gold Patron in the East Midlands, working to help young people locally to have a brighter future.
- "Mark Insulations Appoints New Chairman" (Press release). Building Talk. 2005-07-27.
- "Clean Energy Cash Back Scheme - is it for real?". Leicester Mercury. 2010-03-03.
- "Free solar panel schemes explained". 2010-08-20.
- "Britain's Private Companies with the Fastest Growing International Sales Revealed" (PDF). (Press Release) Fast Track 200. 2013-07-07.
- "Navy Yard's Mark Group gears up for liquidation sale". Biz Journals. 21 January 2015. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Pa., PIDC wants their $ back as Jeff Bartos' Mark Group assets sold". Philly.com. 21 January 2015. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Mark Group New Zealand in Liquidation".
- "Lee Cottingham and family". The Sunday Times. 2010-03-16.
- "Mark Group Australia offers professional insulation and energy solutions" (Press release). Infolink. 2009-11-16.
- "UK’s biggest insulation firm now in Australia". FM Magazine. 2009-11-13.
- "Home-energy firm to locate at Navy Yard". The Philadelphia Inquirer. 2010-10-22.
- "People in the News". The Philadelphia Inquirer. 2010-11-08.
- "Mark Group powers up with New Zealand buy". Insider Media. 2011-07-04.
- "Mark Group becomes a Kingspan Solar Accredited Installer" (Press release). Building Talk. 2010-02-16.
- "Mark Group new academy for renewables technicians" (Press release). Building Talk. 2007-11-27.
- "Insulation company Mark Group runs an environmental training academy in Leicester". Sky News. 2009-02-11.
- "House of Commons - approx 4mins 10 seconds into broadcast". www.parliament.uk. 2010-06-30.
- "Detectors put the heat on badly insulated Leeds homes". Yorkshire Evening Post. 2010-03-10.
- "HeatSeekers return to Traffod" (Press release). Trafford Council. 2010-07-15.
- "HeatSeekers to help boost energy efficiency in home" (Press release). Herefordshire Council. 2009-09-29.
- "Low carb family: Insulation - Related internet links: Mark Group". BBC. 2007-03-16.
- "Tonight: Money to Burn". ITV. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- "U.S. Is Falling Behind in the Business of ‘Green’". New York Times. 2011-06-08.
- "Mark Group Backs Tigers Community Programmes" (Press release). Leicester Tigers. 2009-09-22.
- "MARK GROUP'S RIDE ACROSS BRITAIN" (Press release). The Prince's Trust. June 2013.