|Headquarters||Northampton, England, UK|
|Charlie Crossley Cooke,(Chief Executive)
Fred Esiri (Chairman)
Number of employees
|695 (June 2014)|
Opus Energy Limited (trading as Opus Energy Limited, Opus Energy (Corporate) and Opus Gas Supply Limited) is an electricity and gas supplier, based in the United Kingdom, in Northampton. It has an additional office in Oxford, UK. It was founded in 2002 by Charlie Crossley Cooke, Chief Executive. Opus Energy Limited is an independent supplier of power and competes against a number of larger energy companies in the UK.
In October 2014 Opus Energy was ranked in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 for the fourth consecutive year, in position 39. Previously the business had been ranked 56th in 2013, 129th in 2012  and 186th in 2011.
The company was established in 2001 as Oxford Power Holdings Limited. It was renamed Opus Energy Limited on 28 October 2010.
Currently 50.01% of the company’s shares are held by management, 20% are owned by Telecom Plus Plc and the remaining 29.99% of shares are held by International Power Plc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Engie . Opus Energy and International Power Plc agreed a power supply contract which gives Opus Energy Limited access to the wholesale electricity markets.
Opus Energy Limited sources its electricity from renewable sources, natural gas (cleaner CHP), natural gas (CCGT), and coal. Between April 2013 and March 2014, 91% of energy supplied to Opus Energy customers came from cleaner, low-carbon sources.
Sponsorship and Fundraising
In 2009 Opus Energy Limited began sponsoring a pommel horse gymnast, Daniel Keatings and and in August 2013 began sponsoring Chantelle Cameron, a Northampton local and member of the GB Boxing women’s squad. Both have high hopes of making it to the Olympics 2016 in Rio de Janeiro. 
In early 2014, cyclist Lauryn Therin joined Opus Energy’s team of sponsored athletes. Lauryn joined the GB Para-cycling team as a tandem pilot for the visually impaired cycling squad, and is currently paired with Lora Turnham. Opus Energy were also named back-of-shirt sponsors of Northampton Town Football Club in January 2015, a sports team local to the Opus Energy headquarters.
Opus Energy continues to support multiple charities each year, favouring local causes chosen by employees. Most recently, Opus Energy raised nearly £45,000 for Mencap and in 2012 delivered over £100,000 to a selection causes including the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and the Oxford Food Bank. In 2015, Opus Energy employees have pledged to raise money for Rainbows Children's Hospice Loughborough, Guide Dogs and Beating Bowel Cancer.
- The Real IT Awards 2015: Innovation in Business (May 2015)
- The Sunday Times: #87 UK’s Best Companies to Work For 2015 list (Feb 2015)
- Datamonitor B2B Energy Buyer Customer Satisfaction 2014: Ranked 1st for SME customer service (Oct 2014)
- Customer First UK: Putting the Customer First accreditation (Oct 2014)
- CIPD People Management Awards: Building HR Capability shortlist (July 2013)
- National Apprenticeship Awards: Newcomer Employer of the Year shortlist (July 2013)
- Investec Hot 100: League table #95 ranking (June 2013)
- HR Excellence Awards 2013: Most Effective Recruitment and Retention shortlist (April 2013)
- Datamonitor’s 2012 B2B Customer Satisfaction Survey: Ranked 1st for SME customer service (March 2013)
Small and medium business
In 2014, Opus Energy ran a campaign focussing on small and medium-sized enterprises, with the message, “We put more into your business.” This was supported with the launch of Opus Energy Gift, an online business magazine offering SME-specific advice, tips and news. To announce this launch, Opus Energy gave a £10,000 ‘Business Boost’ prize to one small or medium business that entered the kick-off competition, who received the prize at the start of 2015. 2015 will also see Opus Energy come on board as an official supporter of Small Business Saturday UK.
Since its start in 2002, Opus Energy has grown to hire over 600 employees located in offices in Northampton and Oxford. Employee satisfaction is a priority, acknowledged after being the only company with headquarters in Northampton to rank on The Sunday Times’ UK Best Companies to Work For list in 2015.
All employees at Opus Energy benefit from a bi-annual bonus (up to 10% of salary), 30 days holiday per year, a company-matched pension scheme, private medical insurance, retail discounts, life assurance and a confidential employee assistance programme. On top of this, all employees can choose from a range of flexible benefits which are subsidised by the company, including buying or selling annual leave, childcare vouchers, critical illness cover and dental insurance for employee and their partner, spouse or children, travel insurance, and more.
In 2012, Opus Energy started an Apprenticeship Programme, which offers apprentices a salaried company position, a QCF level 2 or 3 qualification and full employee benefits over the length of a year. It has since expanded to offer apprenticeships in multiple areas within the company.
- "Energy firm to take on 100 new staff". Northampton News. 19 October 2011. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- "2014 Top Track 250 league table". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 2014.
- "2013 Top Track 250 league table". The Sunday Times. 13 October 2013.
- "2012 Top Track 250 league table". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "GDF Suez to take full ownership of International Power", "BBC News", 16 April 2012
- "Energy disclosure labels". Opus Energy. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Research suggests SMEs favouring on site renewable energy". Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- "Keatings gains sponsorship deal". BBC Sport. 2 September 2009. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- "Opus Energy announces sponsorship of Chantelle Cameron, young British boxing star". PR Web. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "London 2012: Gymnast Daniel Keatings admits omission anger". BBC News. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Chantelle Cameron: The Olympic boxing hopeful with an MMA dream". Sky Sports. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Fundraising and Sponsorship". Opus Energy Community. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "GB Cycling Team Rider Biography". British Cycling. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Major back of shirt partnership with Opus Energy announced". Northampton Town FC. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Opus Energy’s year of fundraising provides boost for Mencap". East Midlands Business News. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Opus Energy powers charitable causes with over £100K in 2012". Source Wire News Distribution. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Opus Energy announces new charity partners for 2015!". Opus Energy Community. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Award-winning innovation from Opus Energy Broker Pricing Portal". Midlands Business News. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For 2015". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Independent suppliers top B2B customer satisfaction survey". Utility Week. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Opus Energy named top company to work for". Northamptonshire Chamber. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "CIPD People Management Awards 2013 unveils finalists". CIPD. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Opus Energy careers recognised by nationwide awards". Opus Energy News. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Hot 100 2013 number 95 is Opus Energy Group, a business gas and electricity provider". Real Business. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "HR Excellence Awards 2013: The shortlist". HR Magazine. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Datamonitor’s 2012 B2B Customer Satisfaction Survey: The Big Six Fall Further Behind.". Datamonitor Energy. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Opus Energy aims to surprise business customers with integrated campaign created by McCann Birmingham". The Drum. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Opus Energy Gift". Opus Energy Gift. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Case study: Opus Energy reaches out to SMEs via competition". B2B Marketing. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Northampton energy supplier features in Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list". Northants Telegraph. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Working at Opus Energy". Opus Energy. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Apprenticeship Programme". Opus Energy. Retrieved 19 June 2015.