|No. 69, 72|
|Position:||Offensive Guard / Offensive Tackle|
|Date of birth:||June 4, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Quincy, Illinois|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||315 lb (143 kg)|
|High school:||Quincy (IL) Notre Dame|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
John Leslie Cornell, Jr. (born June 4, 1989) is a former American football offensive guard in the National Football League (NFL). Cornell originally signed with the Baltimore Ravens as a undrafted free agent in 2012. Cornell played college football at Illinois. Cornell is currently offensive line coach at Quincy Notre Dame High School and a coaching asset to Quincy University.
In high school, Cornell was ranked the 12th prospect in the state of Illinois by Rivals.com and was nationally ranked as the 37th prospect at the offensive tackle position. He was a 2006 Max-Enfinger All-American while at Notre Dame High School. He participated in the 2007 Illinois Shrine Bowl.
Cornell attended Notre Dame High School at Quincy, Illinois in which he earned three letters for football and four letters for wrestling. Cornell was a 2006 Max-Enfinger All-American at High School. Cornell was a two-time Chicago Tribune All-state as both Junior and Senior.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|Jack Cornell Jr.
|Quincy, Illinois||Notre Dame High School||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)||291 lb (132 kg)||5.33||Dec 19, 2006|
|Recruiting star rankings: Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 28 (OT) Rivals: 38 (OT), 4 (Ill)|
In his sophomore year, he played one game for the season.
In his junior year, he played 13 games and started 6 of them at guard and at tackle. He helped the Fighting Illini offense lead the Big Ten in rushing and the 11th ranked rushing team in the nation with an average of 246.1 ypg. On November 20, 2010, he helped the Illinois Fighting Illini offense record a total of 559 yards, including 519 rushing yards against Northwestern in which Illinois won the game 41-20.
In his senior year, he was named a senior team captain for the season. Cornell was a recipient of Illinois Fighting Illini's Red Orange Award. He played and started 13 games at offensive guard for the season. On October 8, 2011, he helped the Fighting Illini offense to record 518 total yards including 308 rushing yards against Indiana in which Illinois wins the game 41-20. On September 24, 2011, he helped anchored the Illinois Fighting Illini offense record a total of 463 yards against Western Michigan.
On April 28, 2012, he signed with the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent. On August 31, 2012, he was released on the day of roster cuts. On September 1, 2012, he was re-signed to join the practice squad. On August 25, 2013, he was waived by the Ravens.
The Raiders signed Cornell to their practice squad on September 11, 2013 and promoted him to their active roster on October 5 and was waived only 2 days later on October 7, 2013 and re-signed to the practice squad on Oct. 9. On October 26, Cornell was promoted again to the active roster and was waived only 2 days later on October 28, 2013 and then re-signed to the practice squad on October 30, 2013. On November 9, 2013 Cornell was signed again and was waived only two days later on November 11, 2013 and then re-signed to the practice squad on November 13, 2013,
- "Illinois Fighting Illini profile". fightingillini.com. Retrieved 2012. Check date values in:
- "Jack Cornell NFL draft CBS profile". cbssports.com.
- "The 2005 Tribune All-state football team". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2005. Check date values in:
- "The 2006 Tribune All-State football team". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 3 December 2006.
- "Illinois 48, Northwestern 27 Box Score". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2012. Check date values in:
- "Illini Honor 15 Seniors at Annual Banquet". fightingillini.com. Retrieved 2012. Check date values in:
- "(19) Illinois 41, Indiana 20 Box Score". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2012. Check date values in:
- "Western Michigan 20, (24) Illinois 23 Box Score". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 2015-10-04. Retrieved 2012. Check date values in:
- "Ravens bring in 20 undrafted free agents". cbssports.com. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Ravens forming undrafted rookie class". carrollcountytimes.com. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "Ravens Cut Roster To 53". baltimoreravens.com. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Quincy-native Jack Cornell cut from Baltimore Ravens". wgem.com. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Ravens Sign Five To Practice Squad". baltimoreravens.com. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- Mink, Ryan (August 25, 2013). "Ravens Release 12 Players". BaltimoreRavens.com. Retrieved August 31, 2013.