Joypur, Purulia (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||35. Purulia|
|Electorate (year)||189,787 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 241 Joypur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Joypur and Jhalda II community development blocks; Arsha, Beldih and Manikary gram panchayata of Arsha community development block.
|Forward Bloc||Dhirendra Nath Mahato||62,060||41.48||-5.06|
|Independent||Sakti Pada Mahato||51,449||34.39||-10.23#|
|Trinamool Congress||Kirton Chandra Mahato||23,927||15.99||+13.71#|
|JDP||Sanat Kumar Besra||1,287|
|Amra Bangalee||Gagan Chandra Mahato||1,136|
|Forward Bloc hold||Swing|
Shakti Pada Mahato, contesting as an independent candidate, was a rebel Congress candidate.
.# The changes for Shakti Pada Mahato (Independent/ rebel Congress) and Trinamool Congress are shown against the vote percentages of Congress and Trinamool Congress in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||1||7|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 3 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Bindeswar Mahato of Forward Bloc won the Jaipur assembly seat, defeating his nearest rival Shantiram Mahato of Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Shantiram Mahato of Congress defeated Bindeswar Mahato of Forward Bloc in 2001 and 1996. Bindeswar Mahato of Forward Block defeated Shanti Ram Mahato of Congress in 1991 and 1987. Shantiram Mahato of Congress defeated Hari Pada Mahato of Forward Bloc in 1982. Ram Krishna Mahato of Congress defeated Chakradhar Mahato of Janata Party in 1977.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-27.
- "Joypur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Joypur. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Joypur. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-09-12. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "Cong rebels dare leaders". The Statesman 29 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "238 - Jaipur Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-26.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2011-01-27.