(Redirected from Karajarri language)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|41 (2016 census)|
The name has many spelling variants, including:
- Garadjari (used by A Grammar of Garadjari)
- Karadjeri (used by Ethnologue)
- Karajarri (used by the Handbook of Western Australian Aboriginal languages and is the spelling selected by the Karajarri people for their native title claims)
- Karatjarri (used by Australian Languages)
Kurajarra / Guradjara is sometimes confused with Garadjari, but it appears to have been a separate language.
- Dixon, R. M. W. (2002). Australian Languages: Their Nature and Development. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0521473780, ISBN 978-0-521-47378-1.
- Sands, Anna Kristina (1989). A Grammar of Garadjari, Western Australia.
- Thieberger, Nicholas (1993). Handbook of Western Australian Aboriginal languages South of the Kimberley Region. Pacific Linguistics.
- ABS. "Census 2016, Language spoken at home by Sex (SA2+)". stat.data.abs.gov.au. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2017-10-29.
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2017). "Karadjeri". Glottolog 3.0. Jena, Germany: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- Garadjari at the Australian Indigenous Languages Database, Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
|This Australian Aboriginal languages-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|