List of largest United States–based employers globally
This is a list of United States–based companies having the most employees globally. Note that for some companies listed, the majority of total employees live and work in other countries.
Employee mix is composed of various Economic sectors such as the Business sector, Private sector, Public sector, and the Voluntary sector. Additional classifications include the Agricultural (or primary) sector, Industrial (or secondary) sector, Service (or tertiary) sector, Information (or quaternary) sector, and Human (or quinary) sector.
Employment by company
|United States-based Largest Private Employers|
|Rank||Employer||Global number of Employees|
|9||International Business Machines||383,800|
|10||United Parcel Service||381,000|
|15||Cognizant Technology Solutions||292,500|
|17||Walgreens Boots Alliance||287,000|
|22||Bank of America||257,000|
|23||J.P. Morgan Chase||256,981|
Employment by major industry sector
According to research from the Federal Reserve Economic Data (more specifically, provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics), health care has now surpassed both manufacturing and retail as the engine for employment growth in the coming decades. There were approximately 16 million people employed in the health care sector in 2017.
- List of companies of the United States by state
- List of largest companies in the United States by revenue
- List of largest employers
- List of multinational corporations
- List of wealthiest organizations
- List of largest corporate profits and losses
- List of public corporations by market capitalization
- List of most valuable brands
- List of countries by GDP sector composition
- List of companies by research and development spending
- List of largest private non-governmental companies by revenue
- List of the largest software companies
- List of largest Internet companies
- List of largest companies by revenue
- List of largest technology companies by revenue
- List of largest manufacturing companies by revenue
- List of largest financial services companies by revenue
- List of largest automotive companies by revenue
- List of largest oil and gas companies by revenue
- List of private-equity firms
- Lists of companies
- Lists of occupations
- List of types of tradesman
- Fortune Global 500
- Forbes Global 2000
- List of DJIA companies
- NASDAQ Financial-100
- List of S&P 500 companies
- List of S&P 400 companies
- Economy of the United States
- List of economic expansions in the United States
- List of recessions in the United States
- Unemployment in the United States
- Technological unemployment
- "Fortune 500 Companies 2019: Who Made the List". Fortune.
- Forbes list of largest US Private Companies
- Allied Universal Acquires G4S Press Release
- Thompson, Derek (2018-01-09). "Health Care Just Became the U.S.'s Largest Employer". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Employment by major industry sector : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics". www.bls.gov.
- "Table B-1. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by industry sector and selected industry detail". www.bls.gov.
- "Company structure & facts".