List of level editors
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Official or single games
- Artifex Terra 3D, freeware 3D terrain, outdoor scene and world editor based on the Ogre3D engine, output in generic formats. Open source scene loader.
- Camoto Studio, an open-source Windows/Linux level, graphics and music editor for a number of early-1990s DOS games
- Gamestudio a commercial level editor for the gamestudio engine
- Goji Editor Game / app editor and IDE, level / UI layout, code editing and debugging
- Grome by Quad Software
- GtkRadiant by id Software, Loki Software, Infinity Ward, and Treyarch
- Future Pinball - A pinball editor.
- QuArK, Quake Army Knife editor, for a variety of engines (such as Quake III Arena, Half-Life, Source engine games, Torque, etc.)
- Quiver (level editor), a level editor for the original Quake engine developed solely for the Classic Macintosh Operating System by Scott Kevill, who is also the developer and administrator of GameRanger
- SabreCSG an open-source CSG level editor for the Unity game engine
- Tile Studio general purpose sprite/level editor for game programmers
- ToeTag, a level editor for the original Quake engine, natively developed on and for the Apple OS X operating system
- Visual Pinball
- Stencyl includes a Scene Designer module which is used to place tiles, actors, and assign behaviors and settings.
- SALTR, web-based, real-time level editor for 2D games that supports tiled, matching, bubble-shooter and 2D canvas based games (runners, arcade, etc.).
- Tiled, an open-source tiled map editor.
- WoWEdit, Blizzard Entertainment's tool for making World of Warcraft. (unreleased)
- Dragon Age Toolset
- Dynamite Jack editor
- The Internet Archive - DCGAMES - Graphics Adventure Game Builder v1.30
- LaunchBox Games Database - Kaite Tsukutte Asoberu: Dezaemon
- Miyamoto! Level Editor
- Reggie! Level Editor
- Artifex Terra 3D's homepage
- Camoto Studio
- Quiver homepage, archived from the original on 2007-07-13
- Kevill, Scott (March 17, 1999). "Scott Kevill - Creator of QuakeFinder, Quiver, and soon Quiver II" (Interview). Interviewed by Trevor Covert. Archived from the original on February 3, 2014. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- ToeTag project and source code on GitHub